Comparison: Real DJI props vs. China made Carbon props (photo attached)
2719 14 2015-2-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
christensonphot
lvl.2
Flight distance : 392129 ft

United States

I have been waiting for DJI replacement props from B&H for a month so instead I have purchased from 4 different source to try and get props for a project i have to shoot as soon as possible. Couldnt wait on DJI to come theough so the first Chinese made Carbon finer props have arrived today. Have yet to fly with them, but I wanted to share initial thoughts on inspection.

You can see from the photos that the prop design is slightly different in the shape of prop, craftsmenahip and the flexibility. I will be testing it out to see what difference is from standard prop. Anyone else had expereience with Carbon inspire 1 props?
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
2015-2-11
Use props
xzces
lvl.3
Flight distance : 81526 ft
  • >>>
Suriname

Don't use it. The design of the blade goes hand in hand with the inspires characteristics. For example propeller pitch and area is very important. Those need to be carefully calculated. Your craft WILL fly but you seriously risk the motors or escs overheating. It will also handle differently.

The problems with these chinese props is that they're generically designed. You can't make profit by making a mold specifically for the inspire. So to sum it up you're taking a huge gamble by flying with these props. If you come across cf props with more or less the same pitch, shape and area you could try them, but definitely not those from the pictures.

Also don't forget to balance them first.
2015-2-11
Use props
christensonphot
lvl.2

United States

xzces Posted at 2015-2-12 06:44
Don't use it. The design of the blade goes hand in hand with the inspires characteristics. For examp ...

Have you flown with those on this craft or another experience?
2015-2-11
Use props
Skywolf007
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2758875 ft
Slovakia

Man don't use them! Apart from the different shape, length and weight, did you see the of those self tightening props? On the second image you can clearly see that the glue is not everywhere.

If you need your inspire soon, don't fly with those. Wait for the originals.

If DJI would thought that the carbon props are better than plastic, they would use them.. it would make like a 50$ difference in price.. So basically nothing.  
2015-2-11
Use props
Eirlink
lvl.4

Ireland

i keep saying this guys....Props are critical flight components, buy genuine ones please.
2015-2-11
Use props
kgarrison.gmail
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11736709 ft
  • >>>
United States

Have you actually broken all of your props?
2015-2-11
Use props
daver/m
lvl.4
Flight distance : 234590 ft
United States

Dude it's a step backwards , look at your own photo of those hubs !, stock dji ones are well made , the ones you found online from good luck buy or whom ever ? And That glued hub center is real funky dude !!  That freaking hub center breaks loose , my god man !
But  not on the inspire its props are Quite efficient till thier new ones show up , which may attach differently ....
2015-2-11
Use props
rodger
Second Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

Please let us know how they work out for you? I used the after market carbon fiber props on my Phantoms and had no issues at all. There seems to be a difference between producers of the props. My issue was that the center hub was lose on a couple of products and I finally found a source of them on Ebay that were perfectly balanced and the hubs were rock solid. I guess it is hit or miss?
2015-2-11
Use props
daver/m
lvl.4
Flight distance : 234590 ft
United States

xzces Posted at 2015-2-12 06:44
Don't use it. The design of the blade goes hand in hand with the inspires characteristics. For examp ...

Bet the carbons weigh more they look thicker at the tips , your going to have to do a decent balance job or at least check them closely before you try em if you do , I've tryed lots of different props on phantoms which is no big pretty much , nowadays the newer versions props are fine you really don't need fancy props ,save your $$ it's just a gimmick for the most part . stiffer carbon  props will not help flying smoother, it can make it worse for camera work in some instances ... The hubs glued into the center of a prop looks real funky man .... Good luck buy maybe ? Look at some antigravity  T props if they even make an inspire prop they would be the best ! If you have to have a hot rod inspire that is .
2015-2-11
Use props
xzces
lvl.3
Flight distance : 81526 ft
  • >>>
Suriname

I have tried them on my phantom and that experience went so horribly wrong that I will never use aftermarket props unless if they're specifically made for that aircraft. And up until now I haven't seen those around. Most stores just state motor type and prop size, but these aren't the same as stock DJI when you actually measure them. Just my 2 cts, in the end it's your 3k investment. Just remember if a esc or motor fails, there won't be much left of that investment.
2015-2-12
Use props
johnnyheavens
lvl.1

United States

Wow. So, unless those props came with a small book on all the test-proven gains and efficiency of those carbon props, I'd return them or trash them. There seems to be HUGE variance from mfg spec. with just sitting them side by side so what's inside? How will this effect performance? The Inspire 1 is so new, did they have a bird to fly for a few months to test these? Unless they tell you what the variance gives you, no way. (10% lighter and 40% stiffer don't count)

My 2 cents
2015-2-12
Use props
ronald.merritt.
New
  • >>>
United States

They  are ALL chinese props, aren't they?  A better term would be "knock-off" props.  From the looks of them, I'd not fly.
2015-2-12
Use props
AshInspire1
lvl.3

United Kingdom

i hope it crashes when you put them on, that way you may learn a valuable lesson for sure. DO NOT USE !!!
2015-2-12
Use props
christensonphot
lvl.2

United States

AshInspire1 Posted at 2015-2-13 09:09
i hope it crashes when you put them on, that way you may learn a valuable lesson for sure. DO NOT US ...

Actually had the complete opposite results so far. they work like a charm. No real difference in actual flight performance besides maybe hair slowing in altitude climb but other than that no issues. I took a risk but had to based on the delay in real dji prop shipping. it could still be another month before more accessory stock is available.

I was quite skeptical at first but the ones I got were well balanced and created no visible vibrations. I ordered from 4 different sellers and chose the best  of those 4.
2015-2-12
Use props
pbofavl
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1307631 ft
United States

Thanks for sharing your experience.
Could you share  links to the best props you found?
2015-2-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules