Video feed unwatchable
737 7 2016-12-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mircury
New
Flight distance : 127753 ft
United States

After upgrading to the latest firmware my video feed is so bad I have to use the map or visual to get it back. This really sucks because I'm on vacation now and I can't downgrade to the older firmware. I have the hdmi module installed on my controller. The video has constant gray and green video glitches even when the controller is right next to the phantom. I don't understand how this could get by quality control.
2016-12-10
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

"I don't understand how this could get by quality control. "

You are not alone...Which device are you using , and what software/firmware are the Display, RC & aircraft at ?
2016-12-10
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Mircury, sorry to hear about the issue.
You noticed the poor image transmission after AC upgrading or RC or both? what's the firmware version before you upgraded it?
May I know what mobile device you are using to connect the remote?
Would you please check the HD page and post a screenshot here?
Besides, it's appreciated if you could provide us a video showing the video feed issue.
2016-12-10
Use props
mircury
New
Flight distance : 127753 ft
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-12-10 21:52
Mircury, sorry to hear about the issue.
You noticed the poor image transmission after AC upgrading or RC or both? what's the firmware version before you upgraded it?
May I know what mobile device you are using to connect the remote?

Ok, I had some time to research this and I downgraded the RC to 1.6 from I think 1.8. My video is now perfect from my limited testing. When this issue started I had upgraded the RC and the P4. I wish I would've seen this and taken a video of it before I downgraded. I am using a Samsung Tab S2 and a LG V10. It was the same on both. I tried manual video channels and lowering the rate but nothing helped.
2016-12-10
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

mircury Posted at 2016-12-11 12:20
Ok, I had some time to research this and I downgraded the RC to 1.6 from I think 1.8. My video is now perfect from my limited testing. When this issue started I had upgraded the RC and the P4. I wish I would've seen this and taken a video of it before I downgraded. I am using a Samsung Tab S2 and a LG V10. It was the same on both. I tried manual video channels and lowering the rate but nothing helped.

Glad to hear it's perfect now after you rolled back the RC firmware.
We'll do more research on the issue you mentioned to figure out where the problem exists.
2016-12-10
Use props
fansb4ce1b45
lvl.2
Flight distance : 941755 ft
Portugal

same probleme phantom 3 professional and tablet -- asus nexus 7 2013
2016-12-11
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

fansb4ce1b45 Posted at 2016-12-11 13:31
same probleme phantom 3 professional and tablet -- asus nexus 7 2013

Are you all up to date with software & firmware ?

I have a Nexus 7 II as a back up using all the latest . And seems to work in basic functional testing.

One thing I did that may help is I 'forced GPU rendering for 2D drawing' in 'Developer Options' menu.

That's using Android 6.0.1
2016-12-11
Use props
Sky173
lvl.2
Flight distance : 70289 ft
United States

Best of luck, man... same issues here. I'm running through a bunch of tests and will let you know the outcome (If there's any change). I'm been using a Nexus 9 and LG G3 phone. No issues until recently. It's been 12 hours, trying various things, but I think it's a controller issue that was changed through the DJI GO app., but not quite sure yet. I also have the HDMI output module installed. Good luck.

http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... =1&extra=#pid600768
2016-12-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules