1504 7 2016-12-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
denkur
lvl.2
Flight distance : 446417 ft
  • >>>
Indonesia

Hey guys. i am phantom 3 advance and inspire 1 user.

after 1 month of waiting, there she come my mavic pro to my country and i got it for 3 days from now.

after few flight, i am having big disappointment for mavic camera quality.

this is the footage of 1080p, vivid colour mode.

the thing that i dont like is the video seems to be jaggiez and all the subject has kinda  un sharp on every aspect.

i am hoping that my setting are just not right so you guuys could help me set it up right to make it the same quality videos compare to phantom 3 advance. or inspire 1

thanks guys
2016-12-10
Use props
rick39
lvl.4
Flight distance : 164354 ft
United Kingdom

This footage looks pretty acceptable to me. Filming in 1080p60 is a known and much talked about issue and shows up where the subject material has repeated parallel and verticals lines causing terrible moire effect. Cityscapes tend to be most likely to suffer whereas natural objects like trees and other objects with irregular shapes seem almost unaffected.
No doubt your other two drones don't suffer in the same way, and so having a third drone that doesn't match the spec in that resolution is hard to live with. Most owners find shooting in 2.7k is the sweet spot of the Mavic, although high frame rates aren't possible in 2.7k.
2016-12-10
Use props
denkur
lvl.2
Flight distance : 446417 ft
  • >>>
Indonesia

rick39 Posted at 2016-12-11 08:42
This footage looks pretty acceptable to me. Filming in 1080p60 is a known and much talked about issue and shows up where the subject material has repeated parallel and verticals lines causing terrible moire effect. Cityscapes tend to be most likely to suffer whereas natural objects like trees and other objects with irregular shapes seem almost unaffected.
No doubt your other two drones don't suffer in the same way, and so having a third drone that doesn't match the spec in that resolution is hard to live with. Most owners find shooting in 2.7k is the sweet spot of the Mavic, although high frame rates aren't possible in 2.7k.

thanks sir. i will try to shoot in 2.7k now. and let you guys know the differences. thanks
2016-12-10
Use props
trance728-
lvl.4
Flight distance : 298048 ft
  • >>>
United States

Also it's tap to focus, not infinity like your P3 since you mentioned blurry as well.
2016-12-10
Use props
Nees
lvl.4
Flight distance : 80991 ft
Belgium

1080p is UNUSABLE, that is why it looks so cartoonish. Go with 2.7K or 4K and if you want 60fps... Sell it, you won't get it.  
2016-12-10
Use props
rick39
lvl.4
Flight distance : 164354 ft
United Kingdom

If you want to use 1080p60 turn the sharpness down to -1 in its standard setting. Avoid using this mode with subject material that will be most at risk like cityscapes. Generally the great outdoors should be ok. I really don't think 1080p60 is unusable. The OP's video example shows moire in the corrugated roof at the bottom of the frame, that in this case looks at first like reflected sunlight.

It's not perfect, but its not unusable. The Mavic is not a professional platform, but it does a great job in most all other areas. If capturing high quality aerial video is your profession then spend a whole lot more money. If you are merely filming for your family or to impress your friends, or you are  a youtuber or general blogger, then it's fine as the point of the design is for convenience over current industry standard substance. However, if you catch sight of the Loch Ness monster or Bigfoot in 1080p60, don't delete the footage because it's "unusable". Sell it to the national geographic, retire and buy a helicopter from Sikorsky with an enormous cinematic camera rig.

And don't forget to calibrate the compass and IMU on the Sikorsky when you take delivery.
2016-12-11
Use props
Andrejs
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1730177 ft
Latvia

Yes, Mavics camera not strongest side, but there are a lot of other pros. Such as size and fun what you can get anytime anywhere, because you can take it easily in your backpack with camera etc. But still I think camera great for such size. You can't ask more from it. As talk others take Inspire 1 + =))  
2016-12-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules