Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Red Hot spot in the center of my camera
22638 130 2016-12-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
thehippoz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 23 ft
United States

Lisi Posted at 2017-4-17 11:44
I did something like this - took a picture of white wall with focus set to infinity (to blur wall details  and set this picture as Lens Cast Calibration Profile.
Now my DNG's from Mavics are MUCH better - I don't have this annoying red shift in the center of my pictures and blue shift outside center (like from old mobile cam). See attached pictures.

Good deal It should work for video too.
2017-4-17
Use props
Ex Machina
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

I did something like this - took a picture of white wall with focus set to infinity (to blur wall details  and set this picture as Lens Cast Calibration Profile.
Now my DNG's from Mavics are MUCH better - I don't have this annoying red shift in the center of my pictures and blue shift outside center (like from old mobile cam). See attached pictures.

Is this even necessary now with .0600?
2017-4-18
Use props
4wd
lvl.4
Flight distance : 545817 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Ex Machina Posted at 2017-4-15 09:34
Is it just me wanting to believe .0600 addresses this problem with DNG? I can still see the hot spot if I pump up saturation in post, but on balance and at normal exposure it seems to look better. Anyone else notice an improvement?

This is a good question, it would be nice if DJI would tell us.
Not seeing the yellow spot here but not got snow to higlight it anymore either.
There definitely has been a subtle improvement in DNG colours in general - especially seeing more natural greens and better handling of Magenta/Purple.
2017-4-18
Use props
fishelectronics
lvl.1
Flight distance : 6864 ft
Finland

4wd Posted at 2017-4-18 08:01
This is a good question, it would be nice if DJI would tell us.
Not seeing the yellow spot here but not got snow to higlight it anymore either.
There definitely has been a subtle improvement in DNG colours in general - especially seeing more natural greens and better handling of Magenta/Purple.

Unfortunately, it's still there. Plugin to upload picture on this forum doesn't work for me (Chrome), so no proof, just believe.
2017-4-18
Use props
Dorsap
lvl.2
Israel

How did you do it, i cant find that option to calibrate the lens.
2017-4-19
Use props
Ex Machina
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

Just confirmed that with .0600, DNG files now come with a built-in profile to address the vignette, screenshot from Adobe Lightroom (which now supports lens profile correction for the Mavic's camera as of today -- woot!).

It doesn't eliminate the effect but it does seem better.

lr_mavic.jpg

2017-4-20
Use props
fans14491d42
New
Switzerland

Hi Lisi !

Could you please explain how you did this, it would be very helpful, thanks in advance.
2017-4-25
Use props
fans697f150c
lvl.1
Flight distance : 258422 ft
Greece

Hi all,

I have the same problem, especially close to sunset time or with indoor lighting.

Has anybody tried extra FILTERS ? does it solve the problem ?

I was wondering if the ND filters do correct this issue..

2017-5-1
Use props
ffaxdavid
lvl.1
Flight distance : 840433 ft
United Kingdom

fans697f150c Posted at 2017-5-1 11:40
Hi all,

I have the same problem, especially close to sunset time or with indoor lighting.

am i only one seeing on original video the haze over the picture,most noticable when move left/up/down etc?have watched my vids which have the same problem on 9 different tv's at work to confirm its not the 4k tv's i watched them on,so know its the mavic camera causing it...look close at vid...as pan around its like a cheap tracing paper is over the lens and the roughness as try take a vid thru that tracing paper follows the camera movement wherever it looks! ...i am no camera expert by any means,but surely when take a nice video and this dirty lens effect has the video showing under/over this haze as moves is not an acceptable drawback to shooting video in 4k?? (have exchanged my mavic 3 times now and soon to do so a forth time,as all my vids good as they are have this dirty lens effect whenever i scroll turn lower camera/drone while taking video,its almost like whoever put camera lens together used a bare finger to press on inside of camera lens and left an imprint smudge very fainty on inside so its impossable to have movement on video without it being noticable...i can see it clearly on my vids and on the original one in this post,so am finding it hard to understand how no one else has commented on it-or is the large yellow/red blur centre of screen too obvious and distracts people from noticing lol?
2017-5-5
Use props
Piero Annoni
lvl.1
Flight distance : 581138 ft
Italy

After almost 2 years , I still have this absolutely un acceptabe issue with MA2 dng images.
Ther is NO reason at all that we should rely on a LR preset to correct what is actually a DJI issue!
Did someone got any reply form DJI, or do they ignore as usal?
2022-1-23
Use props
djiuser_xGOb4KNoncaL
New

Philippines

I have red spot on my underwater pictures using DJI osmo action..I notice the red faces when taking close up pictures. But the redness is not visible from wide angle shots.
2022-11-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules