Art Mode Removed in New Firmware??
2194 10 2016-12-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Chest Rockwell
lvl.3
United States

Greetings,

Does anyone know why Art mode was removed in the new Phantom 4 Pro firmware?  Everywhere I have gone online, it has been the most recommended color mode.  I've used it since getting my P4P last week and I love what it allows me to do in post.  After updating the firmware, Art mode appeared to be selected, but upon opening the color mode selections, Art is nowhere to be found, and once you select one of the other modes to see what it looks like, we are unable to reselect the Art mode.  There is now D-Log, D-Cinelike, None, TrueColor, and Film A - G.  I am using the current version of DJI Go 4, and both my P4P and RC are on the correct and current firmware.

Was this removed in error?  If it was removed on purpose, why was nothing mentioned in the firmware notes?  

Hopefully this was an error that will be fixed ASAP.  From what I have read, the same settings were removed from the Mavic in the newest update as well.  If this was intentional, that is incredibly disappointing news.
2016-12-10
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Not sure why they changed this info sharing.
Firmware notes are often left to your own imagination.. They don't divulge much anymore.
So now, when ever you have done an update, go through all app parameters and preferred settings to search where exactly things have changed, been moved or removed as you have discovered.

RedHotPoker
2016-12-10
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha Chest,

You may want to roll-back the firmware update that removed ART from your P4 Pro.  This will allow you to continue to use ART while this issue is resolved.  Hopefully another commenter will be able to provide an explanation of what happened to remove ART from the new app or firmware.

Aloha and Drone On!
2016-12-10
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

We did not remove the art mode. some changes had been made for the upgrading, so it shows "Film-A, B, C and so on.
We've reported this case, and will improve the naming soon, sorry for any inconvenience caused.
2016-12-10
Use props
Chest Rockwell
lvl.3
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-12-11 02:27
We did not remove the art mode, some changes had been made for the upgrading, so it shows "Film-A, B, C and so on.
We've reported this case, and will improve that soon, sorry for any inconvenience caused.

Thank you very much for your response!  This is good to hear.  So it sounds like it was not intentionally removed and will be replaced in a future update.  That is great news.  Thank you again!
2016-12-10
Use props
Chest Rockwell
lvl.3
United States

Cetacean Posted at 2016-12-11 02:20
Aloha Chest,

You may want to roll-back the firmware update that removed ART from your P4 Pro.  This will allow you to continue to use ART while this issue is resolved.  Hopefully another commenter will be able to provide an explanation of what happened to remove ART from the new app or firmware.

Thank you, Cetacean.  I may do that.  I'm mostly practicing right now so I don't mind trying the other modes while waiting, I was just worried that it had been removed entirely.  Thanks for the reply!
2016-12-10
Use props
Serifina
lvl.1
Flight distance : 80659 ft
United States

This is an interesting look into the DJI Color profiles:
2016-12-11
Use props
Serifina
lvl.1
Flight distance : 80659 ft
United States

Serifina Posted at 2016-12-11 08:41
This is an interesting look into the DJI Color profiles: https://youtu.be/NivSyHJopLU

Although this all may now be moot as DJI has changed the profiles in this last firmware release... but at least you wont be missing Art so much....
2016-12-11
Use props
trance728-
lvl.4
Flight distance : 298048 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-12-11 02:27
We did not remove the art mode, some changes had been made for the upgrading, so it shows "Film-A, B, C and so on.
We've reported this case, and will improve the naming soon, sorry for any inconvenience caused.

None of the new profiles are the same as the Art profile, regardless of the naming. I have gone through and compared all of them to the Art one and nothing comes close, it was removed.
2016-12-11
Use props
fans35860495
lvl.2
Flight distance : 38402608 ft
  • >>>
Poland

ART COLOR PROFILIE  Profile is the only art that takes a film studio for whose work since she disappeared, I lose customers. It is outrageous that the update is getting worse. When the profile ART coming back? The film-a film-b-c movie ... not resemble the profile, they are unnecessary. PLEASE urgently address the issue, it is a decision whether to continue to use the services of DJI. If so treat their clients.

you should be ashamed, people are buying different applications than DJs to have the profile [ART] back on many forums are described steps DJs as more and more do not care about their clients.
2017-1-4
Use props
ROYAL VLOGS
lvl.1

United States

I just opened up my original DJI GO app and noticed ART mode is back in the settings, but is it the exact same as it was before? Only reason I ask is because I got my Mavic Pro when ART had just been removed, but now it's back, so can anyone confirm it is exactly as it was originally? Thanks, as this answer will help me when I'm editing/color grading.
2017-1-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules