Phantom 4 battery signal error
9817 34 2016-12-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
lucuias
lvl.1

Malaysia

Hi DJI,
i manage to get the lastest firmware update done.When I put up the spare battery in,phantom 4 intiated firmware update on the battery,it was somehow stuck at 30%.I close DJI Go app and re launched the app ,then it started to show battery signal error.The drone is power up with the 4 led on the battery didn't lid up but the led below the motor lid up red while i can hear the sound of the fan inside the drone.There is no function while I press the round button on the battery.It was not able to power down unless I force pull out the battery.

I tried charge the battery with the charger but it don't show any respond.Though,the drone is functioning well with another battery that was used during the 1st firmware update.
What is wrong with the spare battery?
2016-12-11
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

lucuias, sorry to hear about the issue. May I know how long you have used the battery?
For this error, it needs to be sent in for evaluation by our engineers.
Please send an e-mail with the subject "Forum Support" to support@dji.com and include the following information, we'll create a case for you:
SN:
Brief Description of your Issue:
Full Name:
Email Address:
Phone Number:
Shipping Address:
Zip Code:
Link to your case on Forum:
2016-12-11
Use props
lucuias
lvl.1

Malaysia

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-12-11 19:28
lucuias, sorry to hear about the issue. May I know how long you have used the battery?
For this error, it needs to be sent in for evaluation by our engineers.
Please send an e-mail with the subject "Forum Support" to  and include the following information, we'll create a case for you:

i had been using this battery since September 2016 when i purchased together with phantom 4 and I had emailed the information you asked me to on the email address.
2016-12-11
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

lucuias Posted at 2016-12-11 20:39
i had been using this battery since September 2016 when i purchased together with phantom 4 and I had emailed the information you asked me to on the email address.

We received your e-mail with the information.
Besides, would you please provide us a screenshot for the "Battery Signal Error"?
2016-12-11
Use props
trevor3
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1585568 ft
Jersey

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-12-12 02:55
We received your e-mail with the information.
Besides, would you please provide us a screenshot for the "Battery Signal Error"?

I have just had a battery signal error on one of my batteries, it's only been charged 16 times and the system displayed a pop up suggesting hardware firmware inconsistent slide to upgrade so I did and now I have a bricked battery. I have flown with my other batteries today and cancelled any pop ups asking for more updates just in ease it bricked more of my batteries.
2016-12-17
Use props
Trackerputnam
lvl.3
Flight distance : 5728392 ft
United States

I am just not sure why anybody would upgrade anything. It seems to create only problems. I have not upgraded anything and all is working great.
2016-12-17
Use props
heliclean
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2413583 ft
United States

I have the same problem. Error due to Firmware Update V01.02.0602 - [Optimized power management for long-term battery storage.]
I downgraded to previous firmware. Battery's normal now/ no error's.
2016-12-17
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

trevor3 Posted at 2016-12-18 08:58
I have just had a battery signal error on one of my batteries, it's only been charged 16 times and the system displayed a pop up suggesting hardware firmware inconsistent slide to upgrade so I did and now I have a bricked battery. I have flown with my other batteries today and cancelled any pop ups asking for more updates just in ease it bricked more of my batteries.

May I know where you bought it? and what is the SN of that battery?
Please help check your aircraft firmware version on the "About" page as well.
Sorry to hear about the issue.
2016-12-17
Use props
trevor3
lvl.2
Jersey

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-12-18 07:33
May I know where you bought it? and what is the SN of that battery?
Please help check your aircraft firmware version on the "About" page as well.

Hi so here is my configuration
IOS app version 3.1.1
Aircraft P4 version 01.02.0602
Remote Version 1.8.0
Battery s/n 082AD2R03102L8
And it have only been charged 16 times

The P4 and all my batteries were purchased in one order from Carolina Dronz

Regards
Trevor
2016-12-18
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

trevor3 Posted at 2016-12-18 18:19
Hi so here is my configuration
IOS app version 3.1.1
Aircraft P4 version 01.02.0602

Thanks for the details, Trevor.
May I know have you tried to downgrade aircraft firmware through the Assistant 2 then check whether you still have the error message again?
2016-12-18
Use props
trevor3
lvl.2
Jersey

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-12-19 03:02
May I know have you tried to downgrade aircraft firmware through the Assistant 2 then check whether you still have the error message again?

Ok so spent over an hour trying to get the DJI Assistant 2 software to work on my Windows 10 laptop with no joy. All it does is pop up a file explorer list of files on the memory card currently inserted in the drone. So instead can I not just downgrade the firmware via my iPad connected to the drone ? Using the DJI Go App ? Which I know you can downgrade via that method ?

Cheers

Trevor
2016-12-19
Use props
AnchorageAk
lvl.2
Flight distance : 85505 ft
United States

I have one that says bad cell. But, every thing looks good, and it charges just find.

Model PH4-5350
Serial # 082AD2R031062H

4.01 4.00 4.00 3.89 16V Remaining power 3866mAh
2016-12-19
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

trevor3 Posted at 2016-12-20 05:24
Ok so spent over an hour trying to get the DJI Assistant 2 software to work on my Windows 10 laptop with no joy. All it does is pop up a file explorer list of files on the memory card currently inserted in the drone. So instead can I not just downgrade the firmware via my iPad connected to the drone ? Using the DJI Go App ? Which I know you can downgrade via that method ?

Cheers

Please try to check the anti-virus and firewalls on your PC, you can turn it off then install the assistant 2.
While you can have a try through the APP.
Please connect them properly, then run DJI GO, press the icon at the top-right corner for about 5 seconds, then you can check whether you could downgrade it or not.
2016-12-20
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

AnchorageAk Posted at 2016-12-20 05:36
I have one that says bad cell. But, every thing looks good, and it charges just find.

Model PH4-5350

May I know where you got the "Bad cell" info?
When fully discharge and charge it again, please check the battery info on the APP.
If everything is normal, you can use it, or it needs to be evaluated.
2016-12-20
Use props
AnchorageAk
lvl.2
Flight distance : 85505 ft
United States

DJI Natalia. I got it while flying the drone, it was displayed on the screen. Is it a good practice to totally discharge this battery. i thought that was not recommended. I will do a screen shot next time it happens.
2016-12-20
Use props
trevor3
lvl.2
Jersey

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-12-20 11:10
Please try to check the anti-virus and firewalls on your PC, you can turn it off then install the assistant 2.
While you can have a try through the APP.
Please connect them properly, then run DJI GO, press the icon at the top-right corner for about 5 seconds, then you can check whether you could downgrade it or not.

Hi, ok after spending another hour trying to get the assistant 2 software working on my windows 10 laptop I gave up and used my iPad to downgrade the firmware on the P4 and controller to the following

P4 ver 01.02.0503
Controller Ver 1.5.80
DJI Go ver 3.1.1

When i downgraded the drone I have the battery in which was causing me the problems and now the battery errors have cleared. The system is now wanting me to upgrade to the lastest software again which is what I would expect so question what do I do next ? Also I have 3 other batteries what should I do with them ?

Regards

Trevor
2016-12-20
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

trevor3 Posted at 2016-12-21 08:11
Hi, ok after spending another hour trying to get the assistant 2 software working on my windows 10 laptop I gave up and used my iPad to downgrade the firmware on the P4 and controller to the following

P4 ver 01.02.0503

Trevor, thanks for the info.
Sine the battery is fine now with the older firmware version, please just keep it and do not upgrade it to the latest.
This case has been reported to our engineers now, and we will let you know for any news.
2016-12-21
Use props
trevor3
lvl.2
Jersey

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-12-21 08:48
Trevor, thanks for the info.
Sine the battery is fine now with the older firmware version, please just keep it and do not upgrade it to the latest.
This case has been reported to our engineers now, and we will let you know for any news.

Hi,
So I have just got around to trying to complete the calibrations since the firmware downgrade and it's not gone well. I have tried completing the IMU calibration 4 times how and it does not get off 0% the drone does nothing. So now although I can now I don't get signal errors on the battery that was giving me problems I now can't use my drone as it will not complete the calibrations.

Can I please ask that you arrange for a replacement battery as all 4 of my batteries was working fine before the lasted firmware update now if I re upgrade back to the latest I can only assume that my drone will complete the calibrations and I will have 3 of the 4 batteries working apart from they battery that now will not work solely because of the firmware upgrade.
2016-12-24
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

trevor3 Posted at 2016-12-25 06:14
Hi,
So I have just got around to trying to complete the calibrations since the firmware downgrade and it's not gone well. I have tried completing the IMU calibration 4 times how and it does not get off 0% the drone does nothing. So now although I can now I don't get signal errors on the battery that was giving me problems I now can't use my drone as it will not complete the calibrations.

Please send an e-mail with the battery SN and a screenshot of that error message to support@dji.com, our support will help you handle it properly.
2016-12-24
Use props
Andrew245
lvl.2

Canada

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-12-24 23:51
Please send an e-mail with the battery SN and a screenshot of that error message to , our support will help you handle it properly.

funny to hear that , I wanted to add up here as well, I flew my phantom 4 recently after the newest update and at 35% battery in mid flight it went to zero and gave me the critical battery warning in red.
I immediately landed and went back home to have a look at the status of my flight to my surprise when I checked the battery at home it indicated 31% power left.
Why would the system have a bad reading like that ?
Battery serial 082AD2R0310CP.4
2016-12-25
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Andrew245 Posted at 2016-12-26 03:14
funny to hear that , I wanted to add up here as well, I flew my phantom 4 recently after the newest update and at 35% battery in mid flight it went to zero and gave me the critical battery warning in red.
I immediately landed and went back home to have a look at the status of my flight to my surprise when I checked the battery at home it indicated 31% power left.
Why would the system have a bad reading like that ?

Have you tried to full-discharge it then full-charge it again?
If it happens again, please help export the fight data through the Assistant 2, we'll help you check it.
2016-12-26
Use props
Sanya2
lvl.1
Flight distance : 128914 ft
China

Hello!

Today received a new phantom 4 pro + 2 batteries. After all the updates to the first time to fly. Before the flight, a message on the next update. I agreed, and started updating firmware of batteries, so she started to blink. After updating the battery is out of order, dgi go4 writes: "the battery signal error. while attempting to take-off message appears: battery authentication failed. The second battery, i refused to update.
Can i downgrade firmware of battery(phantom 4 Pro)?
2017-1-11
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Sanya2 Posted at 2017-1-11 23:21
Hello!

Today received a new phantom 4 pro + 2 batteries. After all the updates to the first time to fly. Before the flight, a message on the next update. I agreed, and started updating firmware of batteries, so she started to blink. After updating the battery is out of order, dgi go4 writes: "the battery signal error. while attempting to take-off message appears: battery authentication failed. The second battery, i refused to update.

You can try to downgrade the unit via the Assistant 2 Software. In the same program, you can restore the unit to factory settings to see if the issue persists.
2017-1-12
Use props
fans36ae13c9
lvl.1
Flight distance : 27051 ft
Greece

I have just had a battery signal error on one of my batteries,

I uprgaded to 01.02.0603 but the problem is here
I downgraded and the the proble sstil here.
Any help?
so here is my configuration

Aircraft P4 version 01.02.0503
Remote Version 1.8.0
DJI Go ver 3.1.1
Battery s/n 082AD7B0310FND
And it have only been charged 5 times

2017-1-14
Use props
fans235f292f
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1483192 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have the same issue after updating to the latest FW , now I can't use the original battery that came with P4 back in march 2016. Only way I can use this battery was to down grade back one FW level dated Dec 2016.

All other batteries purchased much later directly from DJI stor never had issues. So I think it's related to the batch of batteries released with the phantom 4 in early 2016.

Hope DJI can fixe this.

Best regards, Steve
2017-1-15
Use props
Sanya2
lvl.1
Flight distance : 128914 ft

I bought 2 more batteries for P4 Pro in the dji store, updated the firmware on both.... One battery broke down again!!!! Now I have 2 broken battery!!!!
2017-1-15
Use props
giannis-vl
lvl.1
Flight distance : 27051 ft
Greece

fans36ae13c9 Posted at 2017-1-14 08:10
I have just had a battery signal error on one of my batteries,

I uprgaded to 01.02.0603 but the problem is here

no answer yet
2017-1-16
Use props
freelanderuk
lvl.3
Flight distance : 177720 ft
United Kingdom

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-1-12 00:01
You can try to downgrade the unit via the Assistant 2 Software. In the same program, you can restore the unit to factory settings to see if the issue persists.

Hi
Are Dji looking in to this problem about updating to the latest firmware and then getting battery errors,
Thanks
2017-1-16
Use props
DFWdude4DJI
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1974501 ft
  • >>>
United States

I'm having the same issue, however, mine is a little interesting. I purchased the non-display P4Pro. It came with one new P4Pro battery. The battery worked perfectly fine. I also used all six P4 batteries from my P4 and they also worked fine. I did the necessary updates for the P4Pro drone, RC, and all the batteries including the P4 batteries. The battery error did not show up at that time. Then I purchased the P4Pro RC only WITH display. I linked the P4Pro RC with display to my P4Pro and test flew it using the P4Pro battery that came with it and that's when I first noticed the battery error. I then placed the P4 battery that came with jy first P4 and that too had a battery issue. But I was able to fly the P4Pro with a few other batteries that did not have this battery error for some reason. Personally, I think its a firmware issue but not sure. Any help is appreciated.
2017-1-22
Use props
jefrix
New
Flight distance : 118 ft
Saudi Arabia

Hi.i have dji phantom 4p battery authentication error it's new only charged one time after updated I got this issue.plz help to solve this
2017-6-1
Use props
Denis Makogon
lvl.1
Germany

Recently, right after upgrade, got the same problem on P4 and one battery. Error is "Battery signal error". So, yeah, i think it's firmware problem and its very random to batteries, because got 3 of them and two are fine, but 3rd shown me this issue. DJI, what's going on?
2017-6-2
Use props
siemko
New
Spain

freelanderuk Posted at 2017-1-16 04:08
Hi
Are Dji looking in to this problem about updating to the latest firmware and then getting battery errors,
Thanks

Hi. A week ago I bought the new phantom 4 pro and one additional battery. After updating to the newest firmware I was constantly getting notification about battery error but I was able to fly the aircraft anyway. The battery error notification was on red only for the short amount of time during the flight and always got it back. Both batteries has the same problem. I tried many times to download the newest firmware and update the aircraft from the app and the DJI assistant 2 - the controller and the app also. I was also downgrading to the manufacture settings. Now the system says "can't take off" battery communication error. Whats worse now I can't even update the aircraft because the assistant says "the battery should have at least 50% of power".....can anybody help??????
2017-7-15
Use props
DigitalBoss
lvl.4
Flight distance : 238934 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-12-18 19:02

Natalia, has the battery signal error problem been solved?
2017-9-11
Use props
iceman0074
lvl.2
Flight distance : 138215 ft
Italy

hello to all, I wonder if the problem of the battery signal error has been solved or will be resolved soon with a new firmware, at the moment I have an updated Phantom4 V02.00.700 and 3 batteries that present the problem. I tried with different IOS or Android tablets and the problem is still the same. Thanks for the reply.
Marco

2018-10-10
Use props
iceman0074
lvl.2
Flight distance : 138215 ft
Italy

Hello everybody !! no news anymore?
2018-10-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now