My little video about a Chinese city filmed with the Osmo Mobile.
1102 6 2016-12-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JasonMBryant
lvl.3

United States

Hi everyone. I made a video using the Osmo Mobile for almost all the shots. It was supposed to be a mix of the Osmo Mobile and the Mavic, but drones weren't allowed in these places. Still, it came out pretty well. There are several shots in it that wouldn't be possible just holding my phone by hand.

It's a little travel documentary. I hope you enjoy it.

2016-12-11
Use props
Studiodp
lvl.2
Flight distance : 5157 ft
Malaysia

Nice, hope to see more
2016-12-11
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Jinan, Shandong Province, from the look of it.
2016-12-11
Use props
JasonMBryant
lvl.3

United States

DJI-Thor Posted at 2016-12-12 02:20
Jinan, Shandong Province, from the look of it.

That's correct! I've lived here in Jinan for a few years.
2016-12-11
Use props
JasonMBryant
lvl.3

United States

Active Track was insanely useful in this video. All the panning shots were done with Active Track. For a couple of them, I put the Osmo Mobile on a tripod, set the object for it to lock onto, and then lifted the tripod as high in the air as I could while being completely safe (an extra three feet of height). That panning shot of the fountain was done on a bridge with about 20 people in front of me, so I needed the height and couldn't even see what I was shooting. However, the background stays right in the center the whole time.

I've also got Active Track on the opera singer as she runs around.
2016-12-11
Use props
hitmee
lvl.1

Singapore

which phone did you use?
2016-12-12
Use props
JasonMBryant
lvl.3

United States

hitmee Posted at 2016-12-12 16:40
which phone did you use?

iPhone SE. It's a little small for controlling my drone, but I like the size for carrying it around. It works great with the Osmo Mobile.

When I do more videos like this, I'll have to be more careful about battery power. I started recording at 7:30am with over 90% power. By 10am it was down to 7%, and I couldn't record anymore.

Also, I filled the hard drive full in that time. I wasn't even using the highest video resolution.
2016-12-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules