Is the Inspire Safe to Fly?
970 2 2015-2-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dasheraw
lvl.1
United States

I got an Inspire in early January. I was heading out of the country for 3 weeks for work and I took a Phantom 2/GoPro because I could not get spare batteries to get the job done with the Inspire.

I had flown the Inspire maybe 5 batteries before I put it away until I got back. My limited experience with the Inspire was very positive and the integration of camera, radio and APP was awesome. Now I am reading all the stuff on the forums and I want to know what others are doing. My Inspire is in the case in the studio. Now sure how many units were sold to how may are having problems. Seems like quite a few having difficulties.

We have purchased a lot of product from DJI. s1000/GH3 Gimbal. s900/GH4 Gimbal, 2 Lightbridge units, the Inspire1, a Ronin and several Phantom 2s. The only set ups that have worked as expected are Phantoms and the Ronin. The GH3 Gimbal broke (no crashes)  The GH4 Gimbal has NEVER operated in conjunction with the Lightbride as it should and has been in for service for weeks.

I am not a hater or a fan boy. I just want products that allow me to work and feel some what confident that things will not fly off or come crashing down compltely unexpectedly.

So how many people are flying daily and how many are waiting for FW updates that will perhaps solve some issues?

2015-2-11
Use props
r-preusser
lvl.2

Germany

Hi dasheraw,

I've posted some "experience report" right here in this forum..

I've just some short additional information:

The iOS App was officially released these days. So I believe this "big issue" should be solved now.

With the official release of the iOS App they fixed a bug in the Flight Record - it seems that the Flight Record counted every power on of the drone and connection with the App in the past. The new version seem just to count flights which show some mileage. After this fix, I need to correct the number of real flights to 29.

Having even more experience now I would say the Inspire 1 is a quite reliable copter. Of course I expect some more bug fixes and enhancements in the software (particular in the App) but that's quite the way it is in the software business

Last but not least: I've got my prop locks yesterday giving me even more confidence for the upcoming flight.

If you have any questions - just drop me a PM or raise them here in the forum.
2015-2-11
Use props
Captain Obvious
lvl.4

Australia

OMG! Smash it quickly! There is cases where the machine has turned on it's pilot and tried too kill them by chasing the pilot
Cornering them then and........Oh it's too gory to go on......... :@
But seriously....

It look's like it's up too you to decide on weather it's safe or not as My point of view is people including myself are relying on these
forums posts too decide.
When technically we should NOT be having too! The beast should already be SAFE to fly  + -  a few minor issues but certainly nothing
like the horror stories that are nearly a daily drama for most owners....Fly away's, Prop spin off's, You name it........The company really should be on the heals On the forums and communicating more with their customers far more than the occasional cup off tea like we have had lately.
Nice machine Nice too fly To many neg's
2015-2-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules