Remember your first Crash?
527 4 2016-12-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jake Phantom 3
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2639747 ft
United States

Just wondering if anyone would like to share their first crash. You know, the one that made you say, I can't believe that just happened.

I have been flying drones for several years, this was my 1st FPV. Here's my first crash. It wasn't a DJI product but was an expensive drone. UPAir One with GPS and FPV. This being my first, First Person View, and first flight with it, I was mesmerized by watching the ground as I took off and went higher and forward over the field towards the forest. Never taking my eyes off the screen and with camera looking down I flew right into a tall tree, about 80ft tall. I couldn't believe what I just did. It was only 1000ft or so away and I looked up to see the drone start to tumble to the ground. I ran to see all the damage and found the gimbal and camera on the ground under the tree. I couldn't find the drone. Looked in the tree, the tall grass all around the tree and in the field. Couldn't find it. I was going to go home to get my binoculars, so I could check higher up the tree incase it was hiding in the branches. When I was half way across the field I looked back, and in disbelief I saw the drone in another tree about 200ft away from the tree it hit. It was only 15ft off the ground and was easy to get to. The damage? None, the gimbal just popped off the rubber shocks, the camera unplugged, and the drone was undamaged. Nothing was damaged, except some gouges in the propellers. Replacing them, I was flying and filming later that afternoon. Moral to the story, always look up to see where your drone is. Oh yea, don't fly to long with camera pointing to the ground without seeing where you are.
2016-12-11
Use props
Jkeller84
lvl.4
Flight distance : 396955 ft
  • >>>
United States

My first crash: TBA
2016-12-11
Use props
eliot may
lvl.3
Flight distance : 245367 ft
United States

can you show us the video?
2016-12-11
Use props
Jake Phantom 3
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2639747 ft
United States

eliot may Posted at 2016-12-11 14:40
can you show us the video?

Here is the short video of the crash. It all happened in 49 seconds.The camera became disconnected from the drone, it was still working on the ground thanks to a backup battery charged by the drones battery.

2016-12-11
Use props
njalex
lvl.2
United States

I crashed my Phantom FC40 into a tree in my backyard when I was flying a bit fast shortly after I got it. It was only a short fall of about 10 feet. Camera flew off, but I easily put it back on. Absolutely no damage, put everything back on and took off fine. Not even the props broke! 2 years later the drone still flies great (I even flew it today!)
2016-12-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules