Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Does anyone still have/fly a Phantom 1?
3920 18 2016-12-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
njalex
lvl.2
United States

In the day and age where we have access to drone technology such as the Phantom 3, Phantom 4, Inspire series, and the Mavic Pro, some might consider the Phantom 1, and even the Phantom 2 to an extent, outdated. But, just a couple years ago, a Phantom 1 was top of the line technology, and let's not forget, it is not only the quadcopter that started off DJI's ultra successful Phantom line of UAVs, but it is also responsible for being the quadcopter that started the drone revolution. Even though I recently upgraded to a Phantom 3, I still have my Phantom 1 FC40 that I've had and flown as my main AP platform for the last 2 years. I was wondering, does anyone still have a Phantom 1, or am I the last person on Earth with one?

2016-12-11
Use props
Gil
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1379308 ft
United States

Oh yeah.  The Hooper Holler Quad Squad also has a P2 w/ H3-3D along with two P2V+ that mostly sit in the hanger (hall closet) since the arival of the P3.

Hooper Holler Quad Squad.jpg
2016-12-11
Use props
njalex
lvl.2
United States

Gil Posted at 2016-12-11 15:39
Oh yeah.  The Hooper Holler Quad Squad also has a P2 w/ H3-3D along with two P2V+ that mostly sit in the hanger (hall closet) since the arival of the P3.

Nice!Glad to see I'm not the only one still with a Phantom 1! I actually flew my P1 FC40 earlier today in below freezing temps! Handled it nicely! I've modified the heck out of mine, it has a 2 axis Walkera gimbal, a GoPro 3+ Silver, extended landing gear, an aftermarket battery, and P2 props. Motors, receiver, and flight controller are all stock. Gets around 12 minutes of flight time still. My P1 is my avatar for my DJI account.
2016-12-11
Use props
Lutz G
lvl.2
Germany

Sure ;)

http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... D371%26typeid%3D371
2016-12-11
Use props
njalex
lvl.2
United States

Lutz G Posted at 2016-12-11 17:04
Sure ;)

http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=75517&extra=page%3D1%26filter%3Dtypeid%26typeid%3D371%26typeid%3D371

Thumbed up the wind turbine vid! Nice job!
2016-12-11
Use props
Tinkere
New

India

Learned to fly on the phantom 1. Still have it after i upgraded to the phantom 3. It has become my spare quad for photography uses (not so much filming)
There is something i realised from my Phantom 3 crash. Its cheaper to crash the phantom 1! The drone is easy to take apart and the components are easy to replace. I've replaced motors, gimbals and added on transmitters. With all the advance technology and 'non tweakability' built into the phantom 3 and 4, user repairs are a nightmare.
I just wish the LIPO batteries on the Phantom 1 were easier to work with.
2017-2-15
Use props
Mark The Droner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

Don't have a P1 but I do have a P2V.  These earlier ACs were built like tanks and are soooo much easier to fix.  They were tons of fun when they first came out and they're tons of fun today.  
2017-2-16
Use props
stalker
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13632 ft
Netherlands

The Phantom 1.1.1 was my first drone and while I was very happy with it, the unreliability and lack of controls made it a spartan experience. Also I had some bad luck with the video receiver so it was time to upgrade. Sold the P1 and got the P4P! Major leap forward.

Conclusion: fond memories of the first Phantom and very glad I replaced it.
2017-2-16
Use props
stalker
lvl.4
Netherlands

The Phantom 1.1.1 was my first drone and while I was very happy with it, the unreliability and lack of controls made it a spartan experience. Also I had some bad luck with the video receiver so it was time to upgrade. Sold the P1 and got the P4P! Major leap forward.

2017-2-16
Use props
stalker
lvl.4
Netherlands

2017-2-16
Use props
timbo
lvl.2
United States

what was the flight time for a p1
2017-2-16
Use props
indykurt
lvl.4
Flight distance : 981 ft
United States

I still fire my P1 up every couple months. I need some stuff for it and cant find the parts but it flies fine. The light that shows that it has satellites does not work and one of the green lights is out.  
2018-7-26
Use props
njalex
lvl.2
United States

indykurt Posted at 2018-7-26 15:28
I still fire my P1 up every couple months. I need some stuff for it and cant find the parts but it flies fine. The light that shows that it has satellites does not work and one of the green lights is out.  [view_image]

Holy cow, I made this thread literally years ago! I thought no one was flying the P1 then, I can't believe you still fly yours! I still have mine, but I haven't flown it in a while. It sits proudly on the top of my desk setup overlooking my room, but for AP purposes I primarily use my P3. My P1 still works though.
2018-7-26
Use props
indykurt
lvl.4
United States

njalex Posted at 2018-7-26 16:02
Holy cow, I made this thread literally years ago! I thought no one was flying the P1 then, I can't believe you still fly yours! I still have mine, but I haven't flown it in a while. It sits proudly on the top of my desk setup overlooking my room, but for AP purposes I primarily use my P3. My P1 still works though.

I try to get in the air at least twice a week with my P4 but I love the freedom of the P1, no updates or airspace checks, no fear of losing $1500 everytime I fly. Im looking at another P1 for backup and parts. I have crashed mine a few times
2018-7-27
Use props
njalex
lvl.2
United States

indykurt Posted at 2018-7-27 19:24
I try to get in the air at least twice a week with my P4 but I love the freedom of the P1, no updates or airspace checks, no fear of losing $1500 everytime I fly. Im looking at another P1 for backup and parts. I have crashed mine a few times

That's really cool! You could probably find  P1 for cheap on eBay nowadays. I couldn't bear to lose my old P1 though, too many memories with it.
2018-7-28
Use props
indykurt
lvl.4
United States

njalex Posted at 2018-7-28 06:30
That's really cool! You could probably find  P1 for cheap on eBay nowadays. I couldn't bear to lose my old P1 though, too many memories with it.

Good ones are $150, and they drop to $85. I am considering buying this one that was never flown for $150, all original with the box. It was given to a kid and he never installed the blades. The pictures back up the claim.
2018-7-30
Use props
njalex
lvl.2
United States

indykurt Posted at 2018-7-30 21:32
Good ones are $150, and they drop to $85. I am considering buying this one that was never flown for $150, all original with the box. It was given to a kid and he never installed the blades. The pictures back up the claim.

Wow, they really dropped in value! Maybe you could pick up a cheap Zenmuse gimbal to go with it, make it a good practice AP platform!

EDIT: If you are interested, here is a cheap one:https://www.ebay.com/itm/DJI-PHA ... &LH_TitleDesc=0

And everything you would need to install it:

NAZA PMU: https://www.ebay.com/itm/DJI-DJI ... ;_trksid=m570.l1313

Mounting kit: https://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-DJI ... ;_trksid=m570.l1313

And a video on how to do it (multi-part):

It probably isn't worth it but you would be surprised as to what you could push out of an old P1 in terms of AP! P1 + H3-3D + GoPro 6 = Phantom 4???

2018-7-31
Use props
indykurt
lvl.4
United States

njalex Posted at 2018-7-31 08:14
Wow, they really dropped in value! Maybe you could pick up a cheap Zenmuse gimbal to go with it, make it a good practice AP platform!

EDIT: If you are interested, here is a cheap one:https://www.ebay.com/itm/DJI-PHANTOM-2-ZENMUSE-H3-3D-GIMBAL-SYSTEM-TESTED-GOOD/253765555933?hash=item3b159b16dd%3Ag%3AtocAAOSwkb9bUgsW&_sacat=0&_nkw=zenmuse+h3-3d&LH_BIN=1&_from=R40&rt=nc&LH_TitleDesc=0

Yes these are great deals and a cheap way to get into the air with very good equipment.
2018-7-31
Use props
sdcraig
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1273 ft
United States

No your not the last but yet we are of a dying bread. Im old school. where arco was just the way we fly, no flight controllers. no auto stabilization. just the seat of your pants grab the stick and in the air.
2018-12-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules