X5s questions..
7353 47 2016-12-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
visionrouge.net
lvl.4
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-12-29 08:02
It's kind of like buying DJI Care on the back end. Once you have the aircraft in your possession, then you can get the license. The code generation would be quick, so you won't have to wait long from the time of purchase to activate it.

I'm bringng back this licence question as I can't find a perfect answer.

If I use only for picture mode but not happy with the writting speed on Micro SD.
I was planned to get a SSD for this purpose but I face 2 new questions

As the Inspire write the Raw burst on SSD on picture on micro SD, the final writing speed is the same (I still nee the final write on the micro SD to get back to change camera aperture) ? YES/NO (can I disable the micro SD card writing of picture)?

Second question.
In order to use SSD, I need a licence, (apparently) even if I don't do video, which one should I choose in my particular case? Only Cinema DNG or Apple Prores?

Thanks for your support
2017-2-7
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

visionrouge.net Posted at 2017-2-7 23:22
I'm bringng back this licence question as I can't find a perfect answer.

If I use only for picture mode but not happy with the writting speed on Micro SD.

The sole purpose of the SSDs are to record CinemaDNG and ProRes video. All photos, RAW or JPG, will only save onto the SD card. Each SSD card will have limitations if it's smaller than the 480 GB version, so you can compare them via the Online Store:

http://store.dji.com/category/inspire-2-series

If you don't plan on using CinemaDNG or ProRes in anyway, you do not need to get the SSD or any of the licenses.

Just to clarify for you, the license is tied to the aircraft itself, so you don't need to acquire any additional licenses per SSD.
2017-2-7
Use props
visionrouge.net
lvl.4
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-2-7 23:35
The sole purpose of the SSDs are to record CinemaDNG and ProRes video. All photos, RAW or JPG, will only save onto the SD card. Each SSD card will have limitations if it's smaller than the 480 GB version, so you can compare them via the Online Store:

http://store.dji.com/category/inspire-2-series

Thanks Jamie

One question bring many more..

1> So I guess my only option of speeding writing is to do DNG RAW photo burst using The CinemaDNG Licence?  ( the prores option will not be helpfull?)
2> Is a DNG raw single frame identical to a DNG raw picture on my MicroSD card?
3> Can I do bracketing using photoburst on the SSD
4> What is the slowest shuuter speed on a X5S (to do night photography in CineDNG burst mode...) ?

2017-2-8
Use props
thomasakira
lvl.3
Flight distance : 921693 ft
United States

i just remebrer seeing this in the menu , answer to 4 > 1/30
2017-2-8
Use props
WYHSniper1007
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1003822 ft
  • >>>
United States

I think they have a list in the offical website
2017-2-8
Use props
Electro-Nick
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5989180 ft
United Kingdom

let me gently correct you DJI Jamie,  the CineSSD isn't just for recording video. It will record 21MB DNG Raw photos when the inspire 2 is set to take photos in burst mode - the burst must be set to either 20 shots or infinity and the shutter speed must be 1/30th second or faster. If you select 14 shots or less, then they're written to the SD Card instead. In all instances, the micro sd card must be installed and have free space.

Also, you don't need either ProRes or CinemaDNG licenses to use the SSD burst mode, just an SSD card.
2017-2-8
Use props
Electro-Nick
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5989180 ft
United Kingdom

1) you don't need a license. It will write raw dng to the ssd in burst mode. (See my reply above)
2) No, there is some difference between the raw files on the SSD and those on the SD card. The SSD Raw files average around 21MB, those saved on the SD card average around 42MB. Looking at them in Adobe Bridge, the SSD files show as 12bit, the SD files show as 16bit. But, Other than bit depth and size, they both appear to be the same.
3) I haven't tried bracketing in burst, but I don't think it'll work. If  you need to bracket, then use your raw editor to under/over expose by whatever EV value you want - that's the beauty of raw ;)
4) 1/30s is the slowest shutter speed you can use in burst.
2017-2-8
Use props
fanse186c04e
lvl.4
Flight distance : 26170253 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

A smal question, how do i know that the license is activated when i not have the ssd?, what do i see in the software on the computer when the INspire 2 is hooked on the computer, what kind of screen do i see when i look at the license tab, how do i know if it's activated?
2017-2-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules