Problems with the new 1.0 version of DJI pilot
2181 12 2015-2-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jorgehlopezc
lvl.3
Flight distance : 4957293 ft
Colombia

I downloaded the version that came out today DJI pilot, version 1.0, but had problems because it has problems. The program in any moment is not responding to any commands which can be dangerous in mid-flight.
I had to download the version 0.9.2 again. to fly today.

If some ideas about it, I hear with pleasure.

2015-2-11
Use props
Captain Obvious
lvl.4

Australia

Band aid solutions by the sounds of it...I think's i'm sticking too the Droid!
Was about to swap out the droid for an Apple too....
2015-2-11
Use props
dale.kaechler.s
lvl.2

Canada

What kind of problems?
2015-2-11
Use props
ooilouis
lvl.2
Flight distance : 119062 ft
Singapore

the apps will crash when u quit from training mode.
2015-2-11
Use props
kietzmanbc
lvl.2
Flight distance : 318205 ft
Canada

what device were you using?
2015-2-11
Use props
Jorgehlopezc
lvl.3
Flight distance : 4957293 ft
Colombia

kietzmanbc Posted at 2015-2-12 10:06
what device were you using?

two Ipad Air and a Iphone 6.
2015-2-11
Use props
DJI-Autumn
Second Officer

Hong Kong

Could you please descride it in more details?
2015-2-11
Use props
rodger
First Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

Please send DJI input on what you experienced? I am sure there will be software and firmware updates. You have to provide your experience and issues, Dji needs the input to address the issues. Now we know that DJI and Apple are on the same page and working together. Good things take time
2015-2-11
Use props
miketeel
lvl.2
Flight distance : 184567 ft
  • >>>
United States

I used the new version today. No problems with the app. It did freeze up after the 1st launch (before I flew) and a restart of the app cleared that problem. Flew the Inspire several times with the new app. No problems.

However, still experiencing the unstable drifting as though no GPS about 20 seconds after take off. Taking command of the craft for a few seconds seems to correct the problem and it is fine the rest of the time (several take offs and landings.) But the problem comes back next time the fly (after recharge of the battery)
2015-2-11
Use props
UM305
lvl.3

United States

freeze since the first time, trying to add my email and password,.
looks like the app try to search  some info about the host device (overloading the memory )

Restart , was my counteraction.

2015-2-11
Use props
Mike-the-cat
Second Officer
Flight distance : 22488593 ft
  • >>>

No problems with app whatsoever and I'm sure this is what others who haven't contributed will say too. And how do you 'downgrade' without going off cellular or WiFi connectivity? The 0.92 app will not run at the present time if you are connected to the internet
2015-2-11
Use props
gwhiz2k
lvl.3

Canada

I noticed it crashed (the App, not the inspire) after I tried to click the home button from the simulator. Also had it glitch with screen full of green for a second, several times. Noticed other artifacts and some freezing of the video feed. I'm on iPad Air. Note that my machine wasn't flying (too cold here), this was testing it around the house.
2015-2-11
Use props
jan.exploringim
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3514751 ft
  • >>>
Denmark

miketeel Posted at 2015-2-12 11:23
I used the new version today. No problems with the app. It did freeze up after the 1st launch (befor ...

Same here, loss of GPS mode after take off, for me it always happen apox. 3 min int to the flight and then I get GPS mode back after 20-30 sec slightly drifting in ATTI mode. Annoying on windy days, then you really have to be aware and correct it.
Hope next firmware upgrade will fix it.
2015-2-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules