[Resolved] Blurry Right Edge. Focus on Right Blurs the Rest.
17255 50 2016-12-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
int0x80
lvl.3
Flight distance : 668015 ft
United States

canadianairborn Posted at 2017-1-14 07:28
Return the bird! I had the issue in November and they replaced it within a week with a brand new bird...

Nice, I actually read your posts before I sent it in. Thanks for sharing!
2017-1-14
Use props
DarkEnergy
lvl.2

United Kingdom

@int0x80
I've been looking at your images and also mrclfr's posted images. They are indeed softer in the lower right but I'm not convinced it is a camera problem. I'm inclined to leave open the possibility that the problem is related to the  compression algorithm and not the camera.  Being all of the submitted images jpg and not raw makes impossible to assess this possibility. I'm worried that while I see the individual camera pixels in the top left they dissapear at the lower right and at the same time patches of pixelation do appear. The sharpening imposed in the images does not help either. My question is, does the softening also appear also in images in raw format? Will be possible to take full resolution images in "raw&jpg" format to be able to assess the performance of the compression algorithm?
2017-1-14
Use props
dronesnz64
lvl.2
Flight distance : 101332 ft
New Zealand

DarkEnergy Posted at 2017-1-14 11:33
@int0x80
I've been looking at your images and also mrclfr's posted images. They are indeed softer in the lower right but I'm not convinced it is a camera problem. I'm inclined to leave open the possibility that the problem is related to the  compression algorithm and not the camera.  Being all of the submitted images jpg and not raw makes impossible to assess this possibility. I'm worried that while I see the individual camera pixels in the top left they dissapear at the lower right and at the same time patches of pixelation do appear. The sharpening imposed in the images does not help either. My question is, does the softening also appear also in images in raw format? Will be possible to take full resolution images in "raw&jpg" format to be able to assess the performance of the compression algorithm?

I believe I have a similar issue for the entire right side, not as extreme as others here (luckily) but if you're pixel-peeping at 100% it is noticeable. I notice that even with sharpening at -1, the JPEGs look much remarkably sharper on the same edge compared to those in RAW, which is to be expected for a RAW format file without lens correction. I will try a manual lens correction in LR and see if it makes a difference
2017-1-21
Use props
dronesnz64
lvl.2
Flight distance : 101332 ft
New Zealand

Just tried selective sharpening in Photoshop and Lightroom, although not a 100% fix it's pretty good enough for me, link in the other thread to my post with examples: http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... mp;extra=#pid659114
2017-1-21
Use props
Arvada
lvl.2
Flight distance : 398822 ft
United States

Has anyone notice that DJI Mindy and Natalia have not given us any more help on this matter?  Did they go silent?
2017-2-15
Use props
Ex Machina
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

Arvada Posted at 2017-2-15 07:20
Has anyone notice that DJI Mindy and Natalia have not given us any more help on this matter?  Did they go silent?

This issue has been marked resolved by the original poster -- imagine that's why.
2017-2-15
Use props
Patrick G
lvl.2
France

I see a lot of threads for the same issue.

Here is my 2 cents : http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... &fromuid=626413
2017-2-20
Use props
HUGE_DJI
New

Canada

Same situation here, got my Mavic Pro Feb 22nd in replacement of my P3Pro (RIP in Koh Phi Phi).. Flew it today and the videos/pictures are blurred out on the right end side.. This sucks so much! The control of the drone is A.MA.ZING.!! But the video quality is very upsetting! I sent a support request to DJI and I will request a replacement or repair, but don't they test them out before shipping? Just got a new computer screen especially for video editing and there was a bunch of papers with tests results inside the box with all its stats, they definitely should do the same with the drone video quality right?

2017-3-5
Use props
mobbit6
New

United States

I got my mavic a week and a half ago, first flight was ok but the succeeding ones has the blurry issue. I can't even get a close shot that is clear it's like a soft blur, same thing with the video. I tried resetting the settings of the camera, tried manual focus but the same thing. There are a few times that the video comes clear but most of the time its a soft blur.
2017-3-5
Use props
mcd0nald
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3717 ft
Australia

My replacement has exactly slightly blur image on left bottom part.... Sent email to dji@support.com again and waiting for open case again. It ain't cheap drone to have this flaw!!!
2017-3-5
Use props
KeiserSoze
lvl.1
Flight distance : 42188 ft
Canada

How has this been resolved?
2021-3-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules