Magnetic interference from battery
5428 40 2016-12-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Willik
lvl.4
Flight distance : 638796 ft
Czechia

Hi all, - to shortly describe what are the previous links about...
The magnetic interference was noticed to happen when full throttle flying forward or backward and it was allready reported also at some other theads here or also on Mavicpilots. It was observed on specific series of Mavic with non-twisted motor cables in rear legs. The main cause was estimated as the high current in the motor cables when flying at full-throttle, resulting in strong magnetic field around the cables with the consequence of magnetic interference with the compass (I am not 100% sure but I guess the compas1 was more influenced).

Of course it might also be connected  with not sufficient previous compass calibration as DJI KEN explains or maybe also with battery current consuption as described above, but in fact I guess it is hard to resolve the real root cause.

I can confirm that the battery can cause the strong magnetic interference itself - e.g. If you have a spare battery (or more batteries) in the hard-shell case and you want to fly (start and tke off) Mavic from the top cover of closed case (for instance when the high grass is all around...) I have noticed this myself. Empty case (except of spare batteries) caused Interfererence repeteadly.

I have also seen some crazy vids on youtube recommending to disassemble the rear leg to twist the cables - what should decrease the interference in-flight. (not disassemble the whole leg just unscrew it and remove a bit from the Mavic body with the cabless still connected, turn it 2-3 turns clockwise and screw it back to the body) but I would personally not recommend this to anyone unless he really knows what he is doing...
2017-5-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules