Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Who has an RC fleet to share and show off?
8004 179 2016-12-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

JACKODOG-ANDROI Posted at 2016-12-23 10:09
those "rubber baby buggy bumpers" strap-ons
they helped for tipovers.
see the on off toggle switch on backside i like-ee

Tipping isn't allowed...

What is the switch for? Turn on the fog lights? Hahaha

RedHotPoker

2016-12-23
Use props
JACKODOG-ANDROI
lvl.3
Flight distance : 208383 ft
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2016-12-23 13:07
Tipping isn't allowed...

the ph1 turned on when battery was pluged in, i never liked the big arc burn you got on plug!
with toglgle switch all was connected battery cover closed reddy to go, flip the switch no plug arc!
2016-12-23
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

JACKODOG-ANDROI Posted at 2016-12-23 11:13
the ph1 turned on when battery was pluged in, i never liked the big arc burn you got on plug!
with toglgle switch all was connected battery cover closed reddy to go, flip the switch no plug arc!

That's shocking!? haha
I almost thought you had a second battery on the drone, for extended flight capability.
That likely voids your life time warranty though. ;-)

Yeah, the only arc I want to see is the Covenant one. Chuckles

I do like seeing customized RC changes people make. It's smart, and takes talent. Good for you.

RedHotPoker
2016-12-23
Use props
JACKODOG-ANDROI
lvl.3
United States

here is p3pro, i almost forgot p4 its at home now though, pic later
p3pro.jpg
2016-12-23
Use props
JtrJr-UAV Pilot
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4341 ft
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2016-12-23 12:07
Tipping isn't allowed...

In Photo:
DJI Phantom 2 Vision + V3
DJI Phantom 3 Professional (2)
3DR Solo

Missing from the Photo:

DJI Mavic Pro
Arris X-Speed 250B
JJPro P200
Diatone Crusade 200 GT2
Tiny Whoop
A mess of lesser quads

Jerry

IMG_4791.JPG
2016-12-23
Use props
JACKODOG-ANDROI
lvl.3
United States

JtrJr-UAV Pilot Posted at 2016-12-23 14:05
In Photo:

Nice Fleet!
2016-12-23
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

JACKODOG-ANDROI Posted at 2016-12-23 11:58
here is p3pro, i almost forgot p4 its at home now though, pic later

I like that pic. I hope that's the work place, and not your living room. Haha

The case looks marvelous. What brand and model is it?
I have a Plasticase Nanuk 945 now, which is pretty awesome in it's own self. ;-)
Reminds me, I need to pick up a desiccant pack for it, and soon.

Thanks for sharing. Looking good...

RedHotPoker
2016-12-23
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

JtrJr-UAV Pilot Posted at 2016-12-23 12:05
In Photo:

What a delicious pic. Reminds me of a popular bakery, with many of my favorite treats. ;-)
Please post a pic of your other models as well. Thanks.
It would appear that you have a long and illustrious history with DJI. Much Love. Awesome...

Really appreciate the ongoing participation in the thread. Thanks forum folks. Very nice to see the RC enthusiasm.

There is a large investment shown and shared above, we should all be very proud of our hobby and interest.

RedHotPoker
2016-12-23
Use props
JACKODOG-ANDROI
lvl.3
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2016-12-23 14:36
I like that pic. I hope that's the work place, and not your living room. Haha

The case looks marvelous. What brand and model is it?

YA THATS MY SHOP.
the case is from B&H
https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/p ... ried_hard_case.html
2016-12-23
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Hey buster, No shop talk allowed here. Hahaha
Yeah, the case looks pretty secure, and well designed.
I checked the link, thanks. It's great to have the protection these hard side cases provide. ;-)
You turned the foam insert around in yours,  

Ah oh, is that a GoPro camera compartment I see?
The cutout nearest to the handle in the below pic,, appears to fit a minute guitar... Ha
What are you using yours for?

RedHotPoker

image.jpeg
2016-12-23
Use props
JtrJr-UAV Pilot
lvl.4
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2016-12-23 13:43
What a delicious pic. Reminds me of a popular bakery, with many of my favorite treats. ;-)
Please post a pic of your other models as well. Thanks.
It would appear that you have a long and illustrious history with DJI. Much Love. Awesome...

Red,

Thank you for your continued participation! You bring a different light. Here you go:

Jerry

PackStack02.JPG
MP & FPV Racing Drones 1.JPG
MP & FPV Racing Drones 2.jpg
2016-12-23
Use props
JACKODOG-ANDROI
lvl.3
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2016-12-23 14:57
Hey buster, No shop talk allowed here. Hahaha
Yeah, the case looks pretty secure, and well designed.
I checked the link, thanks. It's great to have the protection these hard side cases provide. ;-)

the charger in the square and the 2 charger cables in gutiar
2016-12-23
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

JtrJr-UAV Pilot Posted at 2016-12-23 13:27
Red,

Thank you for your continued participation! You bring a different light. Here you go:

Wow, you make me want to look in the miror, and scratch my head, in delightful wonder... We resemble one another.
They used to lock people up, that had such a voracious appetite/addiction. But more recently "We" are considered to have an ailment or treatable illness and are shown kindness & are more humanely given pharmaceutical prescriptions and life long & ongoing therapy. It's my mental candy. Hahaha

I don't know if that case stack is yours, or if you took that snapshot in a photography store, but I like it.;-)
What are those many fine cases all for? Do you have stock in the corporation, yet? Haha

I love this hobby, sport, love interest and life style. Is there any others, more rewarding, with much more appreciation shown and memories to share? If you know of any, please let others in on the fun. Ha

I have a couple of friends who have no hobbies, interests of this sort, and don't understand our passion. Go figure.
Yet they love watching me fly. Chuckles

I wish that I could bring them onboard, but they are too stuffed. ;-)

RedHotPoker
2016-12-23
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

JACKODOG-ANDROI Posted at 2016-12-23 13:34
the charger in the square and the 2 charger cables in gutiar

Ah, ok, you seem to have it thoughtfully figured out.

Well, I think the time has finally come, to share my well packed Nanuk 945 hard side.

So proudly without further restraint, let me give you a wee peak. Ha
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

RedHotPoker
2016-12-23
Use props
JtrJr-UAV Pilot
lvl.4
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2016-12-23 14:42
Wow, you make me want to look in the miror, and scratch my head, in delightful wonder... We resemble one another.
They used to lock people up, that had such a voracious appetite/addiction. But more recently "We" are considered to have an ailment or treatable illness and are shown kindness & are more humanely given pharmaceutical prescriptions and life long & ongoing therapy. It's my mental candy. Hahaha

Red,

My name is Jerry...and I'm an addict. There, I said it! Doesn't matter what it is, work, play, booze, drugs, motorcycles, aoudio equipment (still have all of my vintage stuff from the 70's), video equipment and now drones! The PackStack is part of my drone traveling kit. All my tools, parts, birds controllers, mostly my Race drone stuff. I've still got my hardcases for my Phantoms and Solo. Then my packs so I can take birds on my bikes. A shelf unit that goes in my vehicle so I can store and charge my Phantoms while doing road trips, so I can just pull over and fly. You're right it's a sickness!
Jerry

2016-12-23
Use props
JtrJr-UAV Pilot
lvl.4
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2016-12-23 15:13

Well, I think the time has finally come, to share my well packed Nanuk 945 hard side.

Looks good! I've got the same case. Sturdy bugger for sure!

Jerry
2016-12-23
Use props
JACKODOG-ANDROI
lvl.3
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2016-12-23 16:13

"NICE" 3 chargers, lume cubes nice.
were did you get the dji suspenders from ?
2016-12-23
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

JACKODOG-ANDROI Posted at 2016-12-23 14:23
"NICE" 3 chargers, lume cubes nice.
were did you get the dji suspenders from ?

Yeah brother man, but Two DJI chargers of the100w kind. Am not sure where you thought three was. Typing error?
Love my Lume Cubes and have only great praise for them. ;-)  "I nay say no more". Nudge nudge, wink wink. Ha

I ordered thee DJI "shoulder harness" from the local Great Hobbies outlet, and absolutely love wearing it. So comfortable. Though, My arthritic neck, never thanks me enough. Haha yes, it takes the strain from my lower brain. Having the weight of the RC and iPad Air2, off of my neck, really allows me to concentrate on the job at hand, and practically forget I'm wearing it. The handy clip, at the bottom, can be unbuckled easily, removing the RC without climbing out of the harness. Well thought out, and great design. Fashionably conscious. Runway approved! ;-)

RedHotPoker

2016-12-23
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

JtrJr-UAV Pilot Posted at 2016-12-23 14:16
Red,

My name is Jerry...and I'm an addict. There, I said it! Doesn't matter what it is, work, play, booze, drugs, motorcycles, aoudio equipment (still have all of my vintage stuff from the 70's), video equipment and now drones! The PackStack is part of my drone traveling kit. All my tools, parts, birds controllers, mostly my Race drone stuff. I've still got my hardcases for my Phantoms and Solo. Then my packs so I can take birds on my bikes. A shelf unit that goes in my vehicle so I can store and charge my Phantoms while doing road trips, so I can just pull over and fly. You're right it's a sickness!

Hi Jerry!! Ah yes, we are sure a bunch of sick buggers aren't we?  All the gold, gone... Bringing our happiness and contentment.
I too enjoy riding. my first motorcycle was a Kawasaki Ninja, 600R. Today, I rYde a '13 Can Am SpYder RS-S Roadster. That three wheeler, has brought me more whistles and cat calls than a $50 hooker, on the corner!! ;-)
I actually considered a Harley Davidson trike, but it was listed at $40,000. Too much man. Way...
What would life be like, if we took away, all of our beloved toys? Thanks, but I don't wish to know. Haha
I appreciate all the passions we enjoy, and never regret my growing stack of sales receipts. Chuckles
RC has been sweet, particularly all the interesting people we meet, along the way.

RedHotPoker
2016-12-23
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

JtrJr-UAV Pilot Posted at 2016-12-23 14:19
Looks good! I've got the same case. Sturdy bugger for sure!

Jerry

Hey, that's awesome. Please post a pic or two of yours. Thanks.
I'd like to see your case layout and particular configuration.
What's all in the box? Haha

RedHotPoker
2016-12-23
Use props
JtrJr-UAV Pilot
lvl.4
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2016-12-23 16:44
Hey, that's awesome. Please post a pic or two of yours. Thanks.
I'd like to see your case layout and particular configuration.
What's all in the box? Haha

Red,

You're making me work too hard today! I'll take some pic's of my case when I pack it up for our Texas trip (After New Year). The boxes are full of "stuff"!

Jerry
2016-12-23
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

JtrJr-UAV Pilot Posted at 2016-12-23 15:52
Red,

You're making me work too hard today! I'll take some pic's of my case when I pack it up for our Texas trip (After New Year). The boxes are full of "stuff"!

Hey, no hurry, but lest we forget, please make a note put it on the fridge... Haha

Have a safe and fun weekend/week... Enjoy that turkey. ;-)

RedHotPoker
2016-12-23
Use props
JtrJr-UAV Pilot
lvl.4
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2016-12-23 17:21
Hey, no hurry, but lest we forget, please make a note put it on the fridge... Haha

Note is on the fridge! Happy holidays, Red. Hope you get some time to enjoy your Family and Friends.

Jerry
2016-12-24
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

JtrJr-UAV Pilot Posted at 2016-12-24 05:30
Note is on the fridge! Happy holidays, Red. Hope you get some time to enjoy your Family and Friends.

Jerry

Thanks, it will be the first thing you see upon your "Return To Home"
Eh, please enjoy those travels and pursuits of happiness, yourself.

"Woke up, got out of bed, dragged a comb across my head... "
Hey, it's all white outside today, everything is blanketed in a white wholly snow fall, that is still falling. Marvellous.

Ah yes, it will be a fun filled adventure, in our fascinating winter wonder land. Where did I plant those snow shoes, last spring? ;-)

Sure happy that I have RealFlight Drone... Haha

Wishing everyone a safe and memorable weekend, filled with fun, fun and more fun.
If you're going to drink and drive, make it an RC car... Thanks

RedHotPoker

2016-12-24
Use props
JtrJr-UAV Pilot
lvl.4
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2016-12-24 10:54
Thanks, it will be the first thing you see upon your "Return To Home"
Eh, please enjoy those travels and pursuits of happiness, yourself.

Another day in the life, huh? I think I still have that on my RT909 or 707 reel-to-reel, no maybe vinyl or cassette, probably still on 8-track. Now it's gonna be stuck in my head. I still have a, wait for it...8 track recorder and sealed blank carts!

Crystalized here today, no new snow but cold. Freezing rain coming in tonight and tomorrow, yeah! Should make for a tricky 39 mile drive for Christmas supper.

Want to have a hoot, get FPV Freerider. There's a free version. Fly it in acro mode for a while, it's addicting.

Have a great holiday!

Jerry

2016-12-24
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

JtrJr-UAV Pilot Posted at 2016-12-24 11:43
Another day in the life, huh? I think I still have that on my RT909 or 707 reel-to-reel, no maybe vinyl or cassette, probably still on 8-track. Now it's gonna be stuck in my head. I still have a, wait for it...8 track recorder and sealed blank carts!

Crystalized here today, no new snow but cold. Freezing rain coming in tonight and tomorrow, yeah! Should make for a tricky 39 mile drive for Christmas supper.

Yes, a most popular song, from the greatest rock band to ever live... They certainly changed my life and world around me.

I too, still have a reel~reel. Mine is a TEAC X1000-R, which was awesome with my Marantz 2325 sterio receiver.
I still have that bad ass amp too. Haha Can't find any of my reels or tapes though.
Probably misplaced them in a move, or even two ago. Who knows?
8 tracks were never my favourite format, and I avoided those, troublesome tapes. Cassettes were awesome though.

When the weather eventually changes, and returns to the +*C, I will be flying, & Smiling too. ;-)

RedHotPoker

2016-12-24
Use props
JtrJr-UAV Pilot
lvl.4
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2016-12-23 15:21

As promised, my friend. Happy New Year!

Jerry

P3P-Nanuk 945.JPG
2017-1-1
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

JtrJr-UAV Pilot Posted at 2017-1-1 17:52
As promised, my friend. Happy New Year!

Jerry

I like the body wrap. That's Sweet. I have often thought about doing something similar with my Phantom 3 Pro. Perhaps.

Are you using an iPad Mini? I have to place my iPad Air2 at the back, in that wider compartment nearer the hinges.

Wish I had a few more or three, intelligent flight batteries too. ;-$

I sure like my Nanuk 945. Obviously you do too. Ha

RedHotPoker
2017-1-1
Use props
JtrJr-UAV Pilot
lvl.4
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2017-1-1 17:58
I like the body wrap. That's Sweet. I have often thought about doing something similar with my Phantom 3 Pro. Perhaps.

Are you using an iPad Mini? I have to place my iPad Air2 at the back, in that wider compartment nearer the hinges.

Red,

Yeah, I love the case. I had to modify a bit to fit the Windsurfer in. I keep two full sets of props in the compartment where you're putting your pad. I actually carry my mini 3 around with me because I use it as my daily pad. I fly pretty much with Litchi so the pad is my Nvidia Shield. I also take my Fatsharks so I can use the HDMI port on the Shield or the HDMI port on the RC. I've actually got 12 batteries, 6 for each P3P. You can never have enough batteries! Almost packed up for Texas!

Jerry
2017-1-1
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

JtrJr-UAV Pilot Posted at 2017-1-1 18:17
Red,

Yeah, I love the case. I had to modify a bit to fit the Windsurfer in. I keep two full sets of props in the compartment where you're putting your pad. I actually carry my mini 3 around with me because I use it as my daily pad. I fly pretty much with Litchi so the pad is my Nvidia Shield. I also take my Fatsharks so I can use the HDMI port on the Shield or the HDMI port on the RC. I've actually got 12 batteries, 6 for each P3P. You can never have enough batteries! Almost packed up for Texas!

Yes, I noticed how your radio compartment has been enlarged to your liking.  It's good that there was enough foam to accommodate it, & make it work.
No, of course not, you can never have too many flight packs!! If I eventually number seven flight packs for my Phantom, will it be enough? ;-)  I wonder how many flights, a full iPad Air2 battery will provide?
I never had to worry about that with my four packs..

RedHotPoker

2017-1-1
Use props
Vikassi
lvl.2
Flight distance : 17516 ft
United States

I just ordered the Yellow Nanuck 945 after LOTS of research.  I can't wait till it arrives.  Both of yours look AMAZING.  
2017-1-2
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Vikassi Posted at 2017-1-2 14:34
I just ordered the Yellow Nanuck 945 after LOTS of research.  I can't wait till it arrives.  Both of yours look AMAZING.

Yes, they are extreme, supreme and an unquestionable dream, to carry the drone and complete flight kit.

I find it to be one of my most favorite containers. Hahaha
So much room, space for extras and all of your must haves.
I really appreciate the foam cube that enshrouds the camera/gimbal, a lot too.
That's a marvelous addition to an already mighty fine transport-storage system.

RedHotPoker
2017-1-2
Use props
Vikassi
lvl.2
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2016-12-23 13:13

I was just looking at those LUME's and they look sweet.  What's why they won't work with the P3 Standard?  It doesn't say why on their website just that its not compatible.
2017-1-2
Use props
tightlines0804-
lvl.2
Flight distance : 48599 ft
United Kingdom

Im new to this and love it ive only got a p3s,suits me but keep looking at a p4 think i have one in a basket on a site some where
2017-1-2
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Vikassi Posted at 2017-1-2 14:55
I was just looking at those LUME's and they look sweet.  What's why they won't work with the P3 Standard?  It doesn't say why on their website just that its not compatible.

Lume Cubes are a very bright idea, & having them attached to your drone is remarkable..

They would work just fine. Aside from the Lume Cube factory 3D printed mounts.
The landing gear, on the Standard have a slightly different manufactured shape and diameter of distance front to back.
If you could create your own mounts, or devise a method for attachment, they would be amazing.
Have a closer Look at the mounts, and see what I mean?  http://www.lumecube.com/164.html
The mounts fit in between the landing gear, and fit into the actual shape the drone legs, how they're are cut out.
Have someone near with a 3D printer, perhaps run you off a custom set. The stock ones are also ajustable, so the Lume Cubes may be loosened on the 1/4 20 threaded shaft, & tilted forward, back or straight down. Very useful for drone orientation during the day, even in bright sun light.

That's about it. The Lume Cube OEM mounts aren't compatible with the a Phantom 3 Standard landing skids. Unless you can alter them, to fit.

RedHotPoker
2017-1-2
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

tightlines0804- Posted at 2017-1-2 15:06
Im new to this and love it ive only got a p3s,suits me but keep looking at a p4 think i have one in a basket on a site some where

Yeah, I know the feeling. ;-)

Itchy pointer finger, can't make that final BUY NOW tap... haha

Have fun with the drone you already have, let it grow on you a bit more...

RedHotPoker
2017-1-2
Use props
Vikassi
lvl.2
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2017-1-2 15:07
Lume Cubes are a very bright idea, & having them attached to your drone is remarkable..

I see.  Ugghh.  I would love to have those.  Maybe I should spring for the Pro or find where someone else has modified the mounts for the standard.  Time for more research!
2017-1-2
Use props
Vikassi
lvl.2
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2017-1-2 15:07

So I did a bit of research and on Amazon, someone asked the question to LumeCube on if they had standard mounting kits and this was their reply, :Hi Andrew, currently we do not have Phantom 3 Standard mounts available on Amazon. However, please contact support@lumecube.com and we can help get you a set. Thanks!"
By Lume Cube LLC SELLER  on December 1, 2016

So that looks promising.  I just sent them an email asking how I could get a set.  
2017-1-2
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Vikassi Posted at 2017-1-2 15:31
I see.  Ugghh.  I would love to have those.  Maybe I should spring for the Pro or find where someone else has modified the mounts for the standard.  Time for more research!

Yeah, it's something that has been brought up before and mentioned, but I never heard about them being used.
I know one fellow here, who has adapted his Lume Cube Phantom 3 Drone kit, to work with his Phantom 4 Pro.
He used some duc tape to modify the mounts, to make them longer. This way, he still had the threaded 1/4 20 shaft to ultimately direct the light to any angle he chose to have them shining. Perhaps you might like to contact the manufacturers and request a set be modified to your Phantom 3 Standard liking?  
A great group of people, who might like your idea enough, to print off a limited run edition.

Edit: Ok, see bro, there is what I said, they are very accommodating. ;-)

RedHotPoker

2017-1-2
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Vikassi Posted at 2017-1-2 15:44
So I did a bit of research and on Amazon, someone asked the question to LumeCube on if they had standard mounting kits and this was their reply, :Hi Andrew, currently we do not have Phantom 3 Standard mounts available on Amazon. However, please contact  and we can help get you a set. Thanks!"
By Lume Cube LLC SELLER  on December 1, 2016

Yes, they do rock.  

Glad to hear that you have gone ahead and made some effort in getting some proper mounts. . .
It makes no happy to know that you will have the opportunity to appreciate these fine LED's for your drone photography and orientation too.  Good stuff. Congrats bud. Hahaha

RedHotPoker
2017-1-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules