Who has an RC fleet to share and show off?
8068 179 2016-12-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
user1c2605e346
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1563980 ft
United States

Hey guys my fleet....oxy 3+ , blade 360 cfx trio, diabolo, goblin comp 700, and the little double brushless mcpx. Quads i have 350 qx2, blade 200 qx, phantom 4 and soon p4 pro
2017-1-2
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

user1c2605e346 Posted at 2017-1-2 17:23
Hey guys my fleet....oxy 3+ , blade 360 cfx trio, diabolo, goblin comp 700, and the little double brushless mcpx. Quads i have 350 qx2, blade 200 qx, phantom 4 and soon p4 pro

Nice set of RC models. Sounds like you enjoy this hobby, much like I do.
I would like to see the Goblin 700, thanks.

So I Wish you'd share a few pics, for Us to see. ;-)

Enjoy them drones, and your time well spent, while in the forum.

RedHotPoker

2017-1-2
Use props
Hoomi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 231394 ft
United States

My Nova CX helicopter, the Proto Nano quad, Blade Glimpse FPV quad, and the newest addition to the fleet, the Phantom 3 Standard.
Drones.jpg
2017-1-5
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Hoomi Posted at 2017-1-5 16:23
My Nova CX helicopter, the Proto Nano quad, Blade Glimpse FPV quad, and the newest addition to the fleet, the Phantom 3 Standard.

That's great. What a difference in sizes eh? ;-)
Yeah, when you see them together like that, we really get the perspective needed, to realize how small, these can be today. You wouldn't think a tiny drone like that could actually fly. Yet surprisingly, many micro drones are extremely agile and some even perform minor 3D moves, flips and stuff. Thanks.

RedHotPoker
2017-1-5
Use props
Bfd300
lvl.4
Flight distance : 73661 ft
United States

[img]https://forum22.djicdn.com/data/attachment/forum/%5BURL=http://s321.photobucket.com/user/bayfire300/media/IMG_0003_zpsum7dd7ql.jpg.html%5D[/URL][/img]
2017-1-5
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

That's a very awesome looking pair there, & makes sterio. Haha
I like the looks of your orange drone. Yeah is that one from the Autel Pumpkin Army?

RedHotPoker

2017-1-5
Use props
Hoomi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 231394 ft
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2017-1-5 16:50
That's great. What a difference in sizes eh? ;-)
Yeah, when you see them together like that, we really get the perspective needed, to realize how small, these can be today. You wouldn't think a tiny drone like that could actually fly. Yet surprisingly, many micro drones are extremely agile and some even perform minor 3D moves, flips and stuff. Thanks.

Unfortunately, the battery in the Nano is on its last legs. It doesn't even fly a minute now before the LEDs start flashing to indicate low battery. I suspect it might be cheaper to replace the whole copter than just the battery, but I may do a little research and see. It doesn't have the typical slide-in battery of the larger quads. The battery is under the plastic shell, held down by either a spot of glue or double-sided tape. It wouldn't be difficult to replace, if a replacement can be purchased for a reasonable cost.

But it does fly surprisingly well for something so small. It's not good for outdoors if there is any breeze blowing, as it just doesn't have the mass or the power to fight the wind, but it was fun to fly.
2017-1-6
Use props
Bfd300
lvl.4
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2017-1-5 19:08
That's a very awesome looking pair there, & makes sterio. Haha
I like the looks of your orange drone. Yeah is that one from the Autel Pumpkin Army?

Yes sir it is...got it yesterday
2017-1-6
Use props
Bfd300
lvl.4
United States

Yes it is Red.......got it yesterday.
2017-1-6
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Hoomi Posted at 2017-1-6 07:02
Unfortunately, the battery in the Nano is on its last legs. It doesn't even fly a minute now before the LEDs start flashing to indicate low battery. I suspect it might be cheaper to replace the whole copter than just the battery, but I may do a little research and see. It doesn't have the typical slide-in battery of the larger quads. The battery is under the plastic shell, held down by either a spot of glue or double-sided tape. It wouldn't be difficult to replace, if a replacement can be purchased for a reasonable cost.

But it does fly surprisingly well for something so small. It's not good for outdoors if there is any breeze blowing, as it just doesn't have the mass or the power to fight the wind, but it was fun to fly.

Any reputable local hobby shop will carry a battery suitable in size and voltage for your nano drone.
I need to repace batteries for a coupe of my smallest aircraft too. ;-)

There are several drones available today, that do cost less than a meal at McDonald Consolidated... Ha

RedHotPoker
2017-1-6
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Bfd300 Posted at 2017-1-6 13:26
Yes it is Red.......got it yesterday.

Cool. Popular drone those Autel are getting to be. How do you like yours?
Is it really highly visible in the sky, better than a bare Phantom? Sans extra LEDs. ;-)

RedHotPoker
2017-1-6
Use props
Bfd300
lvl.4
United States

The jury is still out on that.            I have only a few flights so far but I do like the shell seems strong and beefy.............The camera IMO is better than the pro3 it is very clear.  I do like the controller better........it has more one touch features  IE start motors , take off and land ,RTH(everyone's fav) Plus the controller has a display on it showing RC signal strength plus video strength alt. and distance away. To me that serves a purpose...........if the app fails and screen goes blank on your IOS or Android device you still know how far and how high your bird is.
DISLIKES:  GPS lock in a hover is IMO  bad  it wanders ,drifts up and down in winds around 10 MPH..... MY P3P is rock solid........the app is super easy to use easy to read.
I need to get more flight time w/ it to make a better comparison.
2017-1-6
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

It's nice to see decent competition for DJI. It keeps them on their toes, and cutting edge sharp. ;-)
I know a few guys who have bought an Autel drone, and they say pretty much what you have. Positive affirmation.
I'd like to see what kind of distance those will go, before losing RC connecting. Compared to our Phantom 3 Pro with Lightbridge.

RedHotPoker
2017-1-6
Use props
Bfd300
lvl.4
United States

well I can tell already the P3P will go further  (in my area)  I can only speak for mine.  so far I have only had her out .25 miles away . I am not yet comfy flying it, one is for the gps , it does drift in a breeze where the P# is steady as can be.  I am waiting for a nice calm day.  My P3 i'll send out 4000 feet  w/out worrying. But then again I do have the DBS mod.  I also like that the camera is modular I can remove it.....This year they are coming out w/ a thermal camera which will pop on. That's cool!!.
2017-1-7
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

I tempted fate at the www.ercha.com field one afternoon last fall. I knew it was windy, simply by looking at our wind sock and the flag.
But I decided to fly anyway, instead of the usual routine of getting ready on a table, I went into the clubhouse to unload my flight kit and get prepared.
Once I had everything set up, carried RC drone and confidence out to the middle landing pad and turned it on, stepped back and thought, wow, it's really blowing steady.
I knew we better lift off as soon as the motors started, for fear of getting knocked over on the ground, started up, took off, realizing soon, it was going to be a struggle. Though Fun, Like fishing. ;-)

I only took it up 50' no way I could let go of the sticks. I only flew for about five minutes and brought it back down.
Much more respect for my drone now, Mother Nature too. I can see how easy it could be in Attitude mode to lose a drone in the wind. Glad it wasn't me.

RedHotPoker
2017-1-7
Use props
Bfd300
lvl.4
United States

Which drone do you have Red?
2017-1-7
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Was flying my Phantom 3 Pro, on the windy afternoon.

RedHotPoker
2017-1-7
Use props
TJF059
lvl.2
Flight distance : 207064 ft
Australia

I also only have one P4 not sure that I will ever have a fleet but loving having what I have
2017-1-8
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

TJF059 Posted at 2017-1-8 00:05
I also only have one P4 not sure that I will ever have a fleet but loving having what I have

Doesn't matter, because we all started with our very first model.  Early beginnings. I didn't have any  real interest in this stuff, for a long time.  None of my older friends are into hobbies or crafts of any sort. But they don't hunt or have interest of catching fish either, so live pretty sedentary, (boring) lives. ;-)
My first flier was my Parrot AR Drone 2.0, I got into this thing totally by accident. A draw for a chance to win the AR Drone. I never won, but bought one instead.

RedHotPoker
2017-1-8
Use props
Bfd300
lvl.4
United States

I have always had rc cars,trucks and boats.  Moved onto co-ax helicopters.   I tried fp and cp choppers without any real luck lol.  I naught a cheap Hubsan quadcopter and loved it. Was really fun but mostly an indoor ac.i always had my eye on the phantoms and one day while at work I was cruising EBay I came across the p3s for $599 so I jumped on it.  Took me about 5or 6 low alt flights to get comfy to turn off beginner mode. Well not long after that I upgraded to the p3a and now a p3p. It is very addicting. My next obsicle is to upgrade my PC so I can view 4K I am pretty sure I just need a video card with more ram.
2017-1-8
Use props
Odysseus
lvl.2
Flight distance : 506181 ft
  • >>>
Nigeria

JACKODOG-ANDROI Posted at 2016-12-23 12:34
the charger in the square and the 2 charger cables in gutiar

Your Mavic Pro is orange. Case or?
2017-1-8
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Odysseus Posted at 2017-1-8 07:22
Your Mavic Pro is orange. Case or?

Wasn't it JtrJr-UAV Pilot who showed us pictures of his Orange Mavic, in post #51.

RedHotPoker
2017-1-8
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Bfd300 Posted at 2017-1-8 05:47
I have always had rc cars,trucks and boats.  Moved onto co-ax helicopters.   I tried fp and cp choppers without any real luck lol.  I naught a cheap Hubsan quadcopter and loved it. Was really fun but mostly an indoor ac.i always had my eye on the phantoms and one day while at work I was cruising EBay I came across the p3s for $599 so I jumped on it.  Took me about 5or 6 low alt flights to get comfy to turn off beginner mode. Well not long after that I upgraded to the p3a and now a p3p. It is very addicting. My next obsicle is to upgrade my PC so I can view 4K I am pretty sure I just need a video card with more ram.

Suppose the natural progression for most of us, started with a simple basic model, and from there we built or bought  our collection of bigger and better units. I'm building an Align TRex 700E DFC HV kit. My first heli build. ;-) I thought it would be easier with the larger parts and pieces. Not necessarily. Haha

Big enough to be dangerous.... Chuckles

RedHotPoker
2017-1-8
Use props
PeteH.
lvl.4
Flight distance : 199970 ft
United Kingdom

Retro fun !
2017-1-9
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Is that one of your old fixed wing gasser models? ;-)

Looks like it was fun to fly...

RedHotPoker
2017-1-9
Use props
Odysseus
lvl.2
Flight distance : 506181 ft
  • >>>
Nigeria

RedHotPoker Posted at 2017-1-8 12:38
Wasn't it JtrJr-UAV Pilot who showed us pictures of his Orange Mavic, in post #51.

Yeah it was. Looks nice.
2017-1-9
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Odysseus Posted at 2017-1-9 14:03
Yeah it was. Looks nice.

I agreed, much nicer than the stock black edition. Probably shows up much better in the brightest sky too. ;-)

RedHotPoker
2017-1-9
Use props
Young Old Timer
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1795 ft
United Kingdom

Going back to lego

lego

lego

image.jpg
2017-1-10
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Man, yes, that's a keeper, if it doesn't fly away, yes I like it!! ;-)
Does the landing pad also charge the flight battery? Hahaha
1080p of just 720?

RedHotPoker
2017-1-10
Use props
Palladous
lvl.3
Flight distance : 102185 ft
United States

You guys have some really nice collections!
Here's my little set of toys.
USS Enterprise (Just an old model)
American Eaglet (complete with now illegal radio, taxied but never flown)
WLToys Lightning Bird
PropelRC Cloud Rider
And of course, my new P3S.

Good flyin'!
Fleet.jpg
2017-1-14
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Palladous Posted at 2017-1-14 09:28
You guys have some really nice collections!
Here's my little set of toys.
USS Enterprise (Just an old model)

Nice. Too bad the Enterprise can't fly! Ha

Hey yes, it's interesting seeing and reading about the different models and various different brands people have gravitated to and through. ;-)

Happy flying...

RedHotPoker
2017-1-14
Use props
E.T._Drone_Home
lvl.3
Flight distance : 99117 ft
United States

My first UAV. Phantom 4 Pro. One extra battery, extra props, Polar Pro Shutter ND8/ND16/ND32 filters on the way, Nvidia Shield K1 128GB memory running Nougat 7.0 w/ home made visor, two Sandisk 64GB Extreme Plus MicroSD, Parabolic copper windsurfers.
Cut my own reflective orange decals hoping if it's ever lost I can still have a chance of finding it with a bright spotlight lighting up the decals. Sure I would have to be close but in the event it would go down and I'm searching into the night there is the possibility of getting close and then spotting it by the reflective decals. Fat chance but at least it's one more shot in the dark(pun intended).
Also own a Team Losi Nitro XXXNT truck. MRP Miss Budweiser Nitro Hydroplane boat. Have also owned a few low dollar trainer aircraft.

2017-2-16
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

E.T._Drone_Home Posted at 2017-2-16 19:32
My first UAV. Phantom 4 Pro. One extra battery, extra props, Polar Pro Shutter ND8/ND16/ND32 filters on the way, Nvidia Shield K1 128GB memory running Nougat 7.0 w/ home made visor, two Sandisk 64GB Extreme Plus MicroSD, Parabolic copper windsurfers.
Cut my own reflective orange decals hoping if it's ever lost I can still have a chance of finding it with a bright spotlight lighting up the decals. Sure I would have to be close but in the event it would go down and I'm searching into the night there is the possibility of getting close and then spotting it by the reflective decals. Fat chance but at least it's one more shot in the dark(pun intended).
Also own a Team Losi Nitro XXXNT truck. MRP Miss Budweiser Nitro Hydroplane boat. Have also owned a few low dollar trainer aircraft.

That looks awesome, you really did a nice job, cutting the reflective decals. Awesome.

It that the same drone and RC in both pics? As the colour shifted from orange to a yellow hue.

I like that a lot. Super nice.

I purchased a pair of Lume Cubes for my Phantom 3 Pro', that will blink for quite awhile, when they're set to one of the seven available strobe modes.  You can buy them with mounts so they can be applied or removed at your convenience, for storing the drone in a case or back pack.
Not cheap, but they are Very well built. Those might be something that interested you as well. They certainly increase your VLOS a long way out, even on a bright sun shiny day...
If it goes down, they would hopefully help you recover it, much faster. PM me for more info...

Love seeing customized RC stuff, and would like to see any of your other RC models as well. ;-)
I bet you have done some neat stuff to your other RC models too... Eh?

RedHotPoker
2017-2-16
Use props
E.T._Drone_Home
lvl.3
Flight distance : 99117 ft
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2017-2-16 20:03
That looks awesome, you really did a nice job, cutting the reflective decals. Awesome.

It that the same drone and RC in both pics? As the colour shifted from orange to a yellow hue.

Thanks RedHotPoker.
Those cubes do sound like another good tool. Eventually getting a Marco Polo.
Yes it's the same bird. Top photo no flash with the room lights on, bottom photo turned room lights out, tv still on, flash on the Samsung S7. Going to put more reflective bands on the landing gear for more visibility.
The other RC vehicles are actually in so so shape. Good shape mechanical and functionality but nothing special visually. It's my motorcycle I went all out customizing. Lol
I do have plans for a dual RC video if I can pull it off when it gets warmer. There's a skateboard park nearby with a large pipe. It's a full pipe too! Imagine a giant toilet paper roll laying on it's side. I'm going to see if I can take the Nitro truck and drop it down into the pipe at full throttle and enter the tube at an angle then see if the truck will do loops in the tube. If it will I'm going to hover the P4P at the end of the tube and film it all. Would also like to do some in high frame rate slo mo too. Just a fun idea to experiment with.

Also: what you can't see in the pictures are small decals I cut out on each side of the bird. The say "Reward if  Found Call 123-456-7890". Also for added security the Nvidia tablet has 2 profiles, one for administrator and fun apps, the other profile is called "Pilots Seat" which has all apps related to UAV. Both logins are password protected and when you press the button to wake the tablet I have it set to read "Reward if Found Call 123-456-7890". So if the tablet is lost/stolen and they can't get into the tablet there's a slight chance an honest person will call to return it. Just some precautionary measures.
2017-2-16
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Yes, my Lume Cubes shine very bright, and certainly serve a wonderful purpose for me. They are great in the day time, visible for a much longer distance than without.
Hey, thanks to @Rigworker, for printing me some stickers with his label maker. So I have the same, Reward & my home number on mine as well. Hope I never need them. ;-)
Also have a 3D printed gimbal guard that another forum member with a 3D printing lab made for me, it has my home number etched into the printing.
I think it's awesome the way many RC hobbiests happily customize or personalize our RC models and kits. Making them unique and significantly nicer looking than stock.
It doesn't take a lot if time or effort to do a nice job, and it certainly makes us feel a little prouder of our models and wheels as well.
Speaking of bikes, I rYde a '13 Can Am SoYder RS-S Roadster, and have plans to put a large colourful decal across the front "frunk" lid. Not sure, exactly what yet. (??)

Sounds as though you have been involved in this rewarding hobby for some time now, myself it's only been like 3-4 years. But most memorable times non the less.
I think it's pretty cool, all the interesting people I have met along this wonderful journey, mostly online, but certainly quite a few locally as well. It's been swell. Very pleased with it all

As I've already stated many numerous times, I wish more Canadians across the provinces, would participate on the forums, besides lurking, but never joining in the conversions or participating in the forums numerous topics, thread posts. Sharing videos and pics. After all it's a camera platform that we all share our common bond with, in this DJI environment.

RedHotPoker
2017-2-16
Use props
Phantom3ProPilo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 612825 ft
Croatia

Here's mine
Just a Phantom 3 Pro for now
I had it for 4 months now

It's my first drone ever

This was my first time flying it out of the house (image is a bit stretched)

2017-2-16
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Phantom3ProPilo Posted at 2017-2-16 23:05
Here's mine[view_image]
Just a Phantom 3 Pro for now
I had it for 4 months now

That's awesome. Nice pics. I have the same model and absolutely love mine.  Completely trouble free since day one. Not even a hiccup. I'm sure that you are enjoying yours too and will continue to be completely happy with it, just as I  have been, here with mine.  ;-)

Thanks for participating in the thread and sharing pics of your awesome flight kit. You only need to acquire a couple more flight packs if that interests you, for a very exciting and memorable time afield and flying it. Haha.
But that, is for later, down the road...

RedHotPoker
2017-2-16
Use props
Phantom3ProPilo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 612825 ft
Croatia

RedHotPoker Posted at 2017-2-16 23:40
That's awesome. Nice pics. I have the same model and absolutely love mine.  Completely trouble free since day one. Not even a hiccup. I'm sure that you are enjoying yours too and will continue to be completely happy with it, just as I  have been, here with mine.  ;-)

Thanks for participating in the thread and sharing pics of your awesome flight kit. You only need to acquire a couple more flight packs if that interests you, for a very exciting and memorable time afield and flying it. Haha.

I have two packs for now but I will definetly buy at least two more
I let my friend and dad to try flying it and it both ended up bad
But it's still a nice piece of technology and I enjoy flying it
I have to replace the landing gear and some parts of the gimbal (it works but sometimes has issues)
I may even buy a whole new gimbal
I don't really have enough free time to fly it because of school (haven't flown it for 3 weeks) but I'm looking forward to summer and filming the beautiful coast of Croatia...
2017-2-17
Use props
Kneepuck
Second Officer
Flight distance : 275105 ft
United States

Aardvark Posted at 2016-12-11 17:33
Does One count as a fleet ?

DJI P4

It does if it's fast!  Fleet indeed!
2017-2-17
Use props