Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Who has an RC fleet to share and show off?
12345Next >
7995 178 2016-12-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Yeah well, while I was sitting at home today, thinking about some fortunate people here, who mention that they have so many drones, they can't decide which ones to fly on any particular day.Decided since it's too cold to fly outside, why not spend some quality time warm indoors, & on the forum, seeing what others here enjoy...

Would you all, reading this post, please list off, in order of most loved, or kindly share some pics of your fleet of RC drones & your radio controlled helicopters?

Let's make this an ongoing thread, posting more as you and I, add useful accessories or models to our flight kit & collection and much loved hobby grade aircraft.
If you have other related stuff, like cars and monster truck, might as well show those off too.

Here's my forum SIG, when ever we are allowed to institute them, into our posts and threads here:
Align TRex 700E DFC HV-AR7210BX~ Spektrum DX8 MAAC 91236
Blade mCPX BL Blade mQX DJI Phantom 3 Pro'~iPad Air 2 Cellular
Heli-Max Voltage 500 3D Heli-Max 1SQ ~ Spektrum DX6i
Parrot AR Drone 2.0 Traxxas QR-1 RealFlight Drone 6.5

hpi nitro burning big block '69 Charger RT with wheelie bar ~ Spektrum DX3S DSM Sport System with telemetry

I will share my pics of the present fleet/collection too, just as soon as I take some awesome photos to present.

RedHotPoker

2016-12-11
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Does One count as a fleet ?

DJI P4

Just as well size isn't everything...
2016-12-11
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Aardvark Posted at 2016-12-11 18:33
Does One count as a fleet ?

DJI P4

Yes of course, it does. We all had to have a wonderful beginning. The start of something great.

Thanks for sharing your joy... ;-)
It's a good thing...

RedHotPoker
2016-12-11
Use props
fans5ac9687a
New

Mexico

So far, I have 2 Phantom 3 Standards. I felt sorry for the first one and set it free.... it didn't come back.  I liked it so much that I bought another one. Then I discovered that the GPS data of each flight is recorded on the phone, so managed to rescue the fly-away from the giant cactus that had held it hostage. So now I have 2, and will be experimenting with different things with each.
Enjoy flying them so much that I will probably end up with several  more.
2016-12-11
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Well good for you, now it's back in the fold.
That must have been a real mission? ;-) image.jpeg
Good thing you're such a great climber. Haha

RedHotPoker
2016-12-11
Use props
njalex
lvl.2
United States

Ok not to brag, but here is my collection in the order I got each RC vehicle.

DJI Phantom FC40
Hobbyzone Duet RTF
Hobbyzone Sport Cub S
Air Hogs X-Wing
Blade 350 QX3
E-Flite UMX P-47 BL
"Conspiracy" Delta Wing (Scratch Built RC Plane)
DJI Phantom 3 4K
2016-12-11
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

njalex Posted at 2016-12-11 20:37
Ok not to brag, but here is my collection in the order I got each RC vehicle.

DJI Phantom FC40

That's an awesome fleet, you must love RC flying, just as I do? ;-)

The more I fly, the more that I want to fly, more. Ha

RedHotPoker
2016-12-11
Use props
njalex
lvl.2
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2016-12-11 22:46
That's an awesome fleet, you must love RC flying, just as I do? ;-)

The more I fly, the more that I want to fly, more. Ha

Yep, I really enjoy RC flying! I'm starting to get better with 4 channel RC planes, and I am working on beginning manual mode quad flying. I wish I could fly my planes, but it is too cold now! I'm currently limited to flying my Phantoms.
2016-12-11
Use props
Jkeller84
lvl.4
Flight distance : 396955 ft
  • >>>
United States

Phantom 2 Vision+
Phantom 3 Pro
Phantom 4 (Sale Pending)
Phantom 4 Pro
Inspire 1 Pro
Traxxas Slayer Pro
Traxxas Spartan
Cheerson CX-10 Mini
2016-12-11
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Jkeller84 Posted at 2016-12-11 21:09
Phantom 2 Vision+
Phantom 3 Pro
Phantom 4 (Sale Pending)

Wow Jeremy, you've sure been an avid DJI aficionado. That's certainly an incredible fleet.  You have my envy...  ;-)
I'm surprised that some models I've never even heard of, before the mentions above. ;-)

I hope some of you, will soon consider posting some pics to your replies here. Edit buttons work well. Ha
I really want to see what all these lists and drones are about. Especially if you have customized them with skins or dye/stickers. Thanks.

RedHotPoker
2016-12-11
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

njalex Posted at 2016-12-11 20:50
Yep, I really enjoy RC flying! I'm starting to get better with 4 channel RC planes, and I am working on beginning manual mode quad flying. I wish I could fly my planes, but it is too cold now! I'm currently limited to flying my Phantoms.

One of the forum members posted this video the other day...

Fear the cold, not... Haha

RedHotPoker

2016-12-11
Use props
Username Here
lvl.3
United States

This picture is about a year old, there's about 6 or so smaller ones floating around that weren't in the picture.

birds.jpg
2016-12-11
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Username Here Posted at 2016-12-12 00:51
This picture is about a year old, there's about 6 or so smaller ones floating around that weren't in the picture.

That's some serious addiction right there. But it's a sickness I can live with. Hahaha
Those look so cool together. I hope you can post a second pic of your micro drones too. ;-)
Another RC drone pilot, who know a good thing and not afraid to invest in it...

RedHotPoker

2016-12-12
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Come on guys and gals, show us your RC stuff, or a mild mention of it too. hahaha
Inquiring minds would love to know... Man up!? Chuckles

RedHotPoker

2016-12-12
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

My personal fleet is a tad small as well, but it's slowly expanding. I've got a Phantom 2 Vision Plus, but my pride and joy is my F550 that I've decked out with a Naza V2, H3-3D, AVL58, iOSD Mark II, and a Futaba 10J. I changed out the arms with aero X craft arms to make it more shiny. I'll put up a picture when I can.
2016-12-12
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-12-12 14:24
My personal fleet is a tad small as well, but it's slowly expanding. I've got a Phantom 2 Vision Plus, but my pride and joy is my F550 that I've decked out with a Naza V2, H3-3D, AVL58, iOSD Mark II, and a Futaba 10J. I changed out the arms with aero X craft arms to make it more shiny. I'll put up a picture when I can.

Hi, DJI-Jamie, yes I was wishing some of you mods, and admin folks would please share some of your beloved models.
Lists of your collections or pictures to make us all envious ...
That F550 sounds like a real nice multi rotor, and I look forward to seeing your customization of it. For sure.

Thanks for you input here. I thought many others with great pride and feelings accomplishment in their prized models, would happily jump on the chance to show and share, but evidently shyness or fear of public ridicule prevent them from actively participating in this slow growing thread. I know others, will eventually break down & join in with happiness and be overjoyed to share their delightful RC models.

Please post the pics when you can. That will be Awesome.

RedHotPoker
2016-12-12
Use props
Matt-and-Riley
lvl.4
Flight distance : 324442 ft
United Kingdom

P1000589.jpg
2016-12-12
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

I like what I'm seeing right there. Very nice. ;-)

Another proud Papa, or drone Pilot. Haha

Isn't RC parenting great? Chuckles

RedHotPoker
2016-12-12
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Dropped in to the Great Hobbies shop today, and bought a petal lens hood for my Phantom 3 Pro'.
Also, all though Not really Drone related, but I picked up an order delivery, for my Align TRex 700E hardware bag.
All the screws bearings, and connection hardware, needed to build, or rebuild an Align 500-700 scale RC helicopter.
I wanted to have any extra pieces or parts that I might need in the future, like insurance. ;-)

The lens hood fits great, and I'm happy to have it, ready for bright sunny days of summer.

I wish I could have taken some pictures the bright clear, near full moon tonight. It really looked marvelous.

RedHotPoker
2016-12-13
Use props
Gil
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1379308 ft
United States

My first foray into RC copters sits dissolving at the bottom of my pond.  (No great loss, just a cheapo $49 model that a stiff wind took due to poor anti torque!)  After about three of those I decided I needed to step up to the big boy toys.  Currently, the Hooper Holler Quad Squad consists of a Phantom 1, a Phantom 2 w/ H3-3D along with two P2V+ that mostly sit in the hanger (hall closet) since the arrival of the Phantom 3 Pro.  Also have a Phantom 3 Adv that I left at the other house in Florida so I don't have to worry about dealing with any overzealous TSA agents when I'm traveling back and forth.

BTW, congrats to CAPTAIN RedHotPoker on your promotion!  (Looks like I'll only need around another 6,000 points to catch up)
2016-12-14
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Gil Posted at 2016-12-14 15:35
My first foray into RC copters sits dissolving at the bottom of my pond.  (No great loss, just a cheapo $49 model that a stiff wind took due to poor anti torque!)  After about three of those I decided I needed to step up to the big boy toys.  Currently, the Hooper Holler Quad Squad consists of a Phantom 1, a Phantom 2 w/ H3-3D along with two P2V+ that mostly sit in the hanger (hall closet) since the arrival of the Phantom 3 Pro.  Also have a Phantom 3 Adv that I left at the other house in Florida so I don't have to worry about dealing with any overzealous TSA agents when I'm traveling back and forth.

https://forum11.djicdn.com/data/attachment/forum/201612/12/043903b3h77y0or2z7rrqv.jpg[/img]

Wow, that's a great pic. They all appear so awesome together, lined up in proper order. ;-)

You too, have also been enjoying this hobby for a long enough time, that it's become a lifestyle. Haha
Looking good. Really nice.

RedHotPoker

2016-12-14
Use props
Gil
lvl.4
United States

You changed your avatar pic to a "Steampunk" mask...  Hmmm, are you going to convert one of your birds to run on steam?  (hehehe)
2016-12-15
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Gil Posted at 2016-12-15 04:24
You changed your avatar pic to a "Steampunk" mask...  Hmmm, are you going to convert one of your birds to run on steam?  (hehehe)

Yeah, that would be awesome, , just light coal I harvest from my mantle stocking... Haha

RedHotPoker
2016-12-15
Use props
betson
lvl.2

Australia

Thought I'd list my fleet, well addiction!
Nitro 40 Dreamer, wing tip bottle rocket launchers, still to be used.
Precedent Fun Fly nitro 46
Quickie 500 Nitro 40
Nitro FS 70 Spitfire, retracts
Mirage Brushless jet
Long Range CX-20
Zeta FX-61 FPV and mapping wing (current build)
2 x P3 Adv
1 x P3 Pro

and 4 or so cars gathering dust, well most of it does these days.  I haven't had the nitro planes up in ages.  They aren't the most relaxing thing to fly, no just letting go of the sticks and waiting for it to level and hover with those things.
2016-12-15
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

betson Posted at 2016-12-15 17:20
Thought I'd list my fleet, well addiction!
Nitro 40 Dreamer, wing tip bottle rocket launchers, still to be used.
Precedent Fun Fly nitro 46

That's a nice variety of flying styles. How do you store your fixed wing/planes?  

I see some guys hang them all from the ceiling, much like the hobby shops do. ;-)

RedHotPoker
2016-12-15
Use props
Username Here
lvl.3
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2016-12-14 01:11
Dropped in to the Great Hobbies shop today, and bought a petal lens hood for my Phantom 3 Pro'.
Also, all though Not really Drone related, but I picked up an order delivery, for my Align TRex 700E hardware bag.
All the screws bearings, and connection hardware, needed to build, or rebuild an Align 500-700 scale RC helicopter.

Had one on the P3P but took it off. Seems that on a windy day the wind would catch the thing and move the camera if I remember right. Could have been that I just had a cheap one.
2016-12-17
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Username Here Posted at 2016-12-17 12:49
Had one on the P3P but took it off. Seems that on a windy day the wind would catch the thing and move the camera if I remember right. Could have been that I just had a cheap one.

I don't think wind should bother it. Mine attaches very snug so it should be ok. ;-)
When I eventually go out and use it, I'll report back my findings.  

Not sure if the longer two petals go on top and bottom, or towards the sides? Should it matter?

RedHotPoker
2016-12-17
Use props
Username Here
lvl.3
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2016-12-17 15:01
I don't think wind should bother it. Mine attaches very snug so it should be ok. ;-)
When I eventually go out and use it, I'll report back my findings.  

Longer on top and bottom. Also watch when landing as to not have camera pointed down with the hood on, might be a clearance issue.
2016-12-17
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

For sure, I already don't do that, for great fear "fracking" or scratching the front element. ;-) But yeah, figured so much, for orientation of petals.
One of my larger lens hoods have parallel petals, with tiny cutouts for the corners of the sensor.

RedHotPoker
2016-12-17
Use props
Hoomi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 231394 ft
United States

Gil Posted at 2016-12-15 06:24

He'd have to glue some gears on it and paint it copper colored.

(For those few who maybe have NOT seen the video I'm alluding to...

)
2016-12-21
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

I have actually already seen a couple of steam Punk driven drones...

They mostly look rather silly...
Unlike this one, but you get the idea.

Here's another creative concept, that someone built.

http://lumberjocks.com/projects/187666
image.jpeg

RedHotPoker

2016-12-21
Use props
Gil
lvl.4
United States

Gears and copper, huh?   Hahahah!  I'd REALLY like to see somebody actually build a steam powered quad!
2016-12-21
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Gil Posted at 2016-12-21 22:43
Gears and copper, huh?   Hahahah!  I'd REALLY like to see somebody actually build a steam powered quad!

I've only seen gas powered drones. ;-)
They can be pretty loud. Haha

RedHotPoker
2016-12-21
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Hoomi Posted at 2016-12-22 04:58
He'd have to glue some gears on it and paint it copper colored.

(For those few who maybe have NOT seen the video I'm alluding to...

This is going to be stuck in my head now, thank you Sir!
2016-12-22
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2016-12-22 05:20
I have actually already seen a couple of steam Punk driven drones...

They mostly look rather silly...

The first video was pretty neat, the figure on the top looks well done. I wonder how it holds up to a full throttle flight though.
2016-12-22
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-12-22 03:37
The first video was pretty neat, the figure on the top looks well done. I wonder how it holds up to a full throttle flight though.

Probably a crazy flight, with him held fast, by crazy glue. ;-)

I have four outdoor canopies for my AR Drone 2.0. Thinking of the extreme possibilities. Haha

RedHotPoker
2016-12-22
Use props
Hoomi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 231394 ft
United States

Just imagine the weight of an actual steam-powered drone. Without even considering the mechanisms for controlling the props, you'd have the weight of a boiler, fuel for the firebox below the boiler, water for the boiler, either turbines or pistons to drive the props, and control linkage for the boiler.

Then imagine the sudden drop in flight time if the airflow from the props blows out the fire below the boiler. No heat means no steam, and no steam means no power!

It'd drop like a GoPro Karma!
2016-12-22
Use props
JACKODOG-ANDROI
lvl.3
Flight distance : 208383 ft
United States

F550,Phantom1, haven't took pic of phantom3 pro yet.
f550 and phantom1.jpg
2016-12-22
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

JACKODOG-ANDROI Posted at 2016-12-22 13:55
F550,Phantom1, haven't took pic of phantom3 pro yet.

Nice, I like the F550, a lot. ;-) yes, the three of them drones together would look mighty fine.
What's the holdup? Please Get on it?  Chuckles

Do those "rubber baby buggy bumpers" strap-ons really allow the Phantom1 to float?
Or is that more for bumpy landings, and rough terrain take-offs? Ha

RedHotPoker
2016-12-22
Use props
JACKODOG-ANDROI
lvl.3
Flight distance : 208383 ft
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2016-12-22 18:18
Nice, I like the F550, a lot. ;-) yes, the three of them drones together would look mighty fine.
What's the holdup? Please Get on it?  Chuckles

those "rubber baby buggy bumpers" strap-ons
they helped for tipovers.
see the on off toggle switch on backside i like-ee
2016-12-23
Use props
12345Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules