Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Best Buy screwed me
5302 4 2016-12-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TommyJeep
lvl.2
Flight distance : 50423 ft
  • >>>
United States

A warning to others...

I placed my order with Best Buy on 10/25.  Even though everything was fine with my credit card, my order status page indicated "Failed Authorization".  Between my order date and around December 1, I called three different times, used their chat twice and posted on their forum, BEGGING them to look into it.  Each time they told me that my order looked fine and they had the authorization they needed.  They said not to worry about the "Failed Authorization" note on my order.

Well, I suspect my turn in line came last Tuesday (Dec 6) because my order was abruptly cancelled.  I suspect they were ready to ship my Mavic and realized the "Failed Authorization" actually does matter.  I called Best Buy and was told that my card failed authorization and the system automatically cancelled my order.  I asked why was I not contacted?  They had my phone number and my email address, but no attempts were made.  Because the system is automated, there was nothing that could be done.  Now I know someone at Best Buy could have done something, but the CSR I spoke to, and her manager were powerless.  They suggested I place a new order.  HA!  I told them I plan to, with ANY vendor except Best Buy.

I posted a follow up message on the Best Buy forum just to see if there was something "John" could do, but there isn't.  It's done.  Nearly two months and I just lost my place in line.
If you want to check out the forum post, it's here: http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Bes ... y-order/td-p/994638

I've since placed an order with DJI directly and I've placed a 2nd order with Apple.  I'm hearing some people are getting fulfilled orders within a couple weeks via Apple.  

What's ironic is weeks after I placed my Best Buy order, I ordered two batteries from DJI directly.  I also pre-ordered the Polar Pro filters.  The filters arrived (in perfect condition) about two weeks ago, and the batteries arrived yesterday.
2016-12-11
Use props
fans4d83514d
lvl.2

United States

Screw them back sell your batteries on eBay for $150 each and order two more with your Mavic
2016-12-11
Use props
BuzzCut
lvl.4

United States

That sucks and shows just how bad Best Buy's customer service can be.  They had me call my bank as they said there was something wrong with my credit card.  I called my bank at midnight to complain and they said at that point Best Buy had made ZERO attempt to authorize my credit card and that it was FINE.  So, I never really knew until they shipped.  That system is a joke.  Nobody at Best Buy seems to know what any of the credit card statuses actually mean.  That are the perfect example of why offshoring your customer care centers just screws customers.  You're angry, and you should be.  Hopefully Apple comes through for you!
2016-12-11
Use props
fanse89fb5ef
lvl.2
Flight distance : 125210 ft
United States

Bro the same exact thing happened to me. But it's the credit card's fault more than Best Buy. But why not contact us at least to resolve the issue. What's worst the lady tells me they have to give the Mavic to next person in queue. How in the world is there another secret queue? If you pre-order something the item is yours because you put a reserve on it. Makes no sense!!!
2016-12-28
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

I'm sorry that has happened to you.
2016-12-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now