Stationary p4p shifting horizon problem? Please Help Gundam gunpla
568 6 2016-12-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Trekz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3245 ft
United States

I decided to make a quick time lapse of another hobby of mine using the p4p, and after reviewing the video, I've noticed that the camera shifted to the left and a little to the right towards the end of the video. Here is a video, which was originally about 7 minutes long, sped up into a time lapse. This was placed on a stand, so imagine this up in the air. I've also noticed that it drifted a little when I took my 360 manual panorama shot yesterday. After every picture, the screen jumped/shifted a little. Is this also normal? Of course the phantom was calibrated...

Video #2

2016-12-11
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

The Phantom is the wrong tool for making staionary time lapse clips like that. There is no guarantee the gimbal will stay still for that length of time. If you want to do that, use a GoPro or something similar.
2016-12-11
Use props
Trekz
lvl.4
United States

Geebax Posted at 2016-12-11 19:50
The Phantom is the wrong tool for making staionary time lapse clips like that. There is no guarantee the gimbal will stay still for that length of time. If you want to do that, use a GoPro or something similar.

I know, but I have been experiencing some shifting during in flight too. This is just a video showing it in real time. If it shifts when it isn't moving, then it must be shifting up there too, right?
2016-12-11
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Trekz Posted at 2016-12-12 15:02
I know, but I have been experiencing some shifting during in flight too. This is just a video showing it in real time. If it shifts when it isn't moving, then it must be shifting up there too, right?

Yes, of course it does, but DJI do not say anwhere that it will not shift. There are no guarantees about trhe camera holding a fixed position. A gimbal is designed to stabilise a camera on a moving platform, and for the most part, it will do that excelently. You are tilting at windmills.

2016-12-11
Use props
Trekz
lvl.4
United States

Geebax Posted at 2016-12-11 21:51
Yes, of course it does, but DJI do not say anwhere that it will not shift. There are no guarantees about trhe camera holding a fixed position. A gimbal is designed to stabilise a camera on a moving platform, and for the most part, it will do that excelently. You are tilting at windmills.

Thank you for the response, but the tilt I'm talking about is a little more jerky than usual. This second video is the first flight out of the box. It was fully updated/calibrated/imu etc..

Here is another video of the problem:

2016-12-11
Use props
marctronixx
lvl.4
Flight distance : 210118 ft
  • >>>
United States

the platform the drone was sitting on could have been vibrating. was the floor being walked on? music with bass/low frequencies playing? truck outside rumbling by? could be RF interference, gimbal stabilizing based on the fact THE EARTH MOVES.... I mean if you need something rock solid, with mass, get a camera and mount on a tripod, locked down with gyros and weights on the base with a sand filled floating floor to isolate the camera from earth/building. if THAT moves, then we can talk.
2016-12-11
Use props
Trekz
lvl.4
United States

marctronixx Posted at 2016-12-11 22:28
the platform the drone was sitting on could have been vibrating. was the floor being walked on? music with bass/low frequencies playing? truck outside rumbling by? could be RF interference, gimbal stabilizing based on the fact THE EARTH MOVES.... I mean if you need something rock solid, with mass, get a camera and mount on a tripod, locked down with gyros and weights on the base with a sand filled floating floor to isolate the camera from earth/building. if THAT moves, then we can talk.

It was pretty stable. The only thing moving in the room was me. Plus it was only 7 minutes. Please check out the second video posted to see what I mean. This jerky tilting has also been happening in my 360 photos. Thank you for the input though. I understand that this wasn't necessarily for the type of time lapse I did, but I figured it can at least stay still on a solid stand for 7 minutes without panning.
2016-12-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules