Who has flown with the new App??
1609 17 2015-2-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
shakyamunifilms
lvl.2

United States

Unfortunatley, work will be preventing me from flight.
So I'm stuck wondering about the app until next week...

Has anyone flown on the 1.0 version?
How was it?
Any problems?
someone has already posted about problems, but I like to see general samples.
(Forums can be bias, since complaints tend to make the board more so than approvals)

Safe Flying!

2015-2-11
Use props
kietzmanbc
lvl.2
Flight distance : 318205 ft
Canada

I have 2 flights in today. Both a little nervous with the new app so first was on beginner mode and second was not.

Everything works great. No problems  and LOVED every minute of it.
2015-2-11
Use props
abe.abekleinfel
lvl.4
Flight distance : 524032 ft
  • >>>
United States

I flew with it today and went through two batteries. I didn't have any issues with the app. I first did an IMU calibration, then a compass calibration. I recorded about 25 minutes of video.  Everything seemed to work fine, though I didn't spend much time critically testing all the features.
2015-2-11
Use props
dmytchak
lvl.3

United States

Only 8 minutes today with the new app on iOS.  Flew ATTI mode most of the time but no issues what so ever.
2015-2-11
Use props
shakyamunifilms
lvl.2

United States

Sweeet. Thanks for the feedback guys.
2015-2-11
Use props
rodger
Second Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

I feel that they have it nailed? I am sure there will be updates as time goes on and they receive input from
the users. At least they kept at it to straighten things out. The major issues are most likely resolved? I am sure there will be updates to address your input issues from your experiences in the field? Let's givr them a break and do their thing. Keep posting your experiences and issues so they can address them. Please don't condemn DJI, they came through and addressed the issues. Things take time.
2015-2-11
Use props
shakyamunifilms
lvl.2

United States

rodger Posted at 2015-2-12 11:01
I feel that they have it nailed? I am sure there will be updates as time goes on and they receive in ...

No ones condemning DJI here, dude.
2015-2-11
Use props
miketeel
lvl.2
Flight distance : 184567 ft
  • >>>
United States

I used the new version today. No problems with the app. It did freeze up after the 1st launch (before I flew) and a restart of the app cleared that problem. Flew the Inspire several times with the new app. No problems.

However, still experiencing the unstable drifting as though no GPS about 20 seconds after take off. Taking command of the craft for a few seconds seems to correct the problem and it is fine the rest of the time (several take offs and landings.) But the problem comes back next time the fly (after recharge of the battery)
2015-2-11
Use props
Scotts
lvl.2

United States

Just out of curiosity I did click on the link they put up in the forum this morning and downloaded the app.  But if I go to the Itunes store and go to the apps page and type in DJI Pilot, it's just not showing.  Any ideas as to why not.
2015-2-11
Use props
Mike-the-cat
lvl.4
Flight distance : 22488593 ft
  • >>>

miketeel Posted at 2015-2-12 11:25
I used the new version today. No problems with the app. It did freeze up after the 1st launch (befo ...

Its likely that you have insufficient satellite locking at take off. This is particularly important when there are trees / houses / obstacles that reduce exposure to sky. Also, heavy cloud cover can give this. Anyways, it always pays to hover over home for 30s or so before zipping away for this very reason.
2015-2-11
Use props
miketeel
lvl.2
Flight distance : 184567 ft
  • >>>
United States

Mike-the-cat Posted at 2015-2-12 12:09
Its likely that you have insufficient satellite locking at take off. This is particularly importan ...

Thanks, I'll pay closer attention to this. The app does indicate Good To Fly. And the problem always occurs around 20 sec after take off. Just hovering waiting to see what happens. No wind. No cloud cover.
2015-2-11
Use props
Mike-the-cat
lvl.4
Flight distance : 22488593 ft
  • >>>

miketeel Posted at 2015-2-12 12:27
Thanks, I'll pay closer attention to this. The app does indicate Good To Fly. And the problem alwa ...

I think DJI might tweak the app a little in time to come to reduce flyaways by increasing the threshold of sats required to take off in GPS mode. This may annoy more experienced flyers but with more inexperienced flyers purchasing craft, this seems likely.

On a P2 I've lifted off in a wooded area with 4 sats on and then gone straight up above the tree line within sight, hovered till more sats are picked up before flying off. If you don't do this, sometimes you luck out and at other times, the craft can behave erratically and fly off quickly (generally in the direction of wind).

I've been impressed by the fact that in a moderate breeze, either the P2 or Inspire can rev up to 10m/s or more without any stick input in ATTi mode, essentially behaving like a flying sailboat.
GPS glitches do occur. Rarely, I've seen my Garmin GPS go off track by up to 50m while hiking and for several minutes. So I don't think this is something DJI is responsible for. Most of the time, these new gen quads are stable and easy to fly but it only takes one bad glitch to make headlines.
2015-2-11
Use props
rodger
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

rodger Posted at 2015-2-12 11:01
I feel that they have it nailed? I am sure there will be updates as time goes on and they receive in ...

Shaky Dude, I never said anyone was condemning DJI. You are reading something into my Post that is obviously not there.
2015-2-12
Use props
rodger
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Scotts Posted at 2015-2-12 11:55
Just out of curiosity I did click on the link they put up in the forum this morning and downloaded t ...

The Pilot App Download is on the DJI Inspire page also. Pilot App and off to the right is your choice for IOS and Android.
2015-2-12
Use props
shakyamunifilms
lvl.2

United States

rodger Posted at 2015-2-12 22:24
Shaky Dude, I never said anyone was condemning DJI. You are reading something into my Post that is ...

Quote  from you...

"please, don't condem DJI, they came in and addressed the issue"
(This kinda sounds like  you think someone is condemning DJI, no?)

"Let's givr  a break and let them do their thing"

"Things take time"

Seems like you took offense to something.

Might've read into it, but it was an odd response to
"Who used the new app"
2015-2-12
Use props
jan.exploringim
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3514751 ft
  • >>>
Denmark

miketeel Posted at 2015-2-12 12:27
Thanks, I'll pay closer attention to this. The app does indicate Good To Fly. And the problem alwa ...

I have exactly same problem, and it is a very fix pattern in it. Hope next Firmware upgrade are going to solve this.
2015-2-12
Use props
Muscadel
lvl.3

South Africa

I flew today with IOS V1.0, and its was a flawless, awesome flight.

Everything rock solid, as advertised and awesome

I hit about 23m/s (just under 90km/h), 4 meters off the deck, climbed out to nice heights, flew hard tight turns, GPS, ATTi, even a return to home thrown in

Absolutely no problems

Regards
C
2015-2-12
Use props
paul.swieconek.
lvl.1

United States

Muscadel Posted at 2015-2-13 01:39
I flew today with IOS V1.0, and its was a flawless, awesome flight.

Everything rock solid, as adver ...

Looks like the 9.2 app released without any significant changes at a 1.0.0 revision.  Works the same - real issues I guess are in the firmware, as the move from .14 to .16 saw a dramatic change in GPS acquisition and drop outs.  Don't know what the answer is, but I really preferred the less stringent GPS.  Naza GPS handling was just fine and I really don't understand why this new firmware needs to be so critical.  It really limits your flying site diversity.  Transition from GPS flight to OPTI is clunky if you go from GPS to ATTI to OPTI when descending into area with less GPS line of site.
2015-2-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules