Litchi & P4P
1691 17 2016-12-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Rapfife
lvl.2
Flight distance : 160102 ft
United States

Has anybody had any luck using Litchi with DJI Go 4?
I have tried and all it says it "Not Connected".
Any Ideas?
2016-12-11
Use props
Jkeller84
Second Officer
Flight distance : 396955 ft
  • >>>
United States

Litchi doesn't "work" with any of the DJI apps. In fact, you never want to use Litchi and DJI GO together. That being said, I hear that DJI has not released the SDK for the P4Pro yet, so 3rd party apps will likely not work with it just yet.
2016-12-11
Use props
BrianKushner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 44281716 ft
  • >>>
United States

Won't work until Litchi updates the app.
2016-12-11
Use props
djmed
lvl.1
Flight distance : 26266 ft
United States

None of the third party apps like Litchi and other mapping app will work with the P4Pro till DJI releases the updated SDK. Not sure why the delay. I hope it is out soon
2016-12-12
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Jkeller84 Posted at 2016-12-11 21:13
Litchi doesn't "work" with any of the DJI apps. In fact, you never want to use Litchi and DJI GO together. That being said, I hear that DJI has not released the SDK for the P4Pro yet, so 3rd party apps will likely not work with it just yet.

This is correct, you do not want the 2 apps running at the same time.
2016-12-12
Use props
Rapfife
lvl.2
Flight distance : 160102 ft
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-12-12 22:10
This is correct, you do not want the 2 apps running at the same time.

Litchi will not run without DJI Go installed. they must be communicating somehow? Correct?
2016-12-12
Use props
Jkeller84
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Rapfife Posted at 2016-12-12 09:40
Litchi will not run without DJI Go installed. they must be communicating somehow? Correct?

Incorrect. On one of my iPads, I don't even have DJI Go installed. Just Litchi to prevent any interference
2016-12-12
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Rapfife Posted at 2016-12-12 07:40

That is not correct, you can have both installed or just the Litchi installed.
Just do not run them at the same time.
2016-12-12
Use props
Sky173
lvl.2
Flight distance : 70289 ft
United States

Litchi wont even link up to the controller if DJI is installed. I wish that was fixed because out in the field (in a slow network area like 3G or less), it can take a 1/2 hour to uninstall one app and install another. So switching apps can be unbelievably time consuming. I ended up buying two devices, one with Litchi installed and the other with DJI, and just swap as needed.
2016-12-12
Use props
Jkeller84
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Sky173 Posted at 2016-12-12 11:22
Litchi wont even link up to the controller if DJI is installed. I wish that was fixed because out in the field (in a slow network area like 3G or less), it can take a 1/2 hour to uninstall one app and install another. So switching apps can be unbelievably time consuming. I ended up buying two devices, one with Litchi installed and the other with DJI, and just swap as needed.

This is also not correct. You CAN have both of them installed on your device, but you CANNOT have both of them running while flying. In fact, it is very dangerous to do so. As long as you know how to fully close down an app, you can reasonably function with both apps installed.
2016-12-12
Use props
Sky173
lvl.2
United States

Jkeller84 Posted at 2016-12-12 11:58
This is also not correct. You CAN have both of them installed on your device, but you CANNOT have both of them running while flying. In fact, it is very dangerous to do so. As long as you know how to fully close down an app, you can reasonably function with both apps installed.

Wish it was so, my friend... I've tried closing everything with no luck (including 'force stop'). I'm rather familiar with Android but for whatever reason, the machines I run the apps on will not run unless only one app is installed at a time. Got some advice? I'm all ears! It's so aggravating.

The one thing i haven't tried is possibly just a simple rename of a file to get things to run. There's some kind of conflict happening that's preventing any one program to run unless the others are deleted...

2016-12-12
Use props
Jkeller84
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Sky173 Posted at 2016-12-12 12:49
Wish it was so, my friend... I've tried closing everything with no luck (including 'force stop'). I'm rather familiar with Android but for whatever reason, the machines I run the apps on will not run unless only one app is installed at a time. Got some advice? I'm all ears! It's so aggravating.

The one thing i haven't tried is possibly just a simple rename of a file to get things to run. There's some kind of conflict happening that's preventing any one program to run unless the others are deleted...

Ahh well that's just an Android limitation then. It's not a problem on iOS.
2016-12-12
Use props
Sky173
lvl.2
United States

Must be... wished it were different.
2016-12-12
Use props
Punchbuggy
First Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Jkeller84 Posted at 2016-12-13 04:53
Ahh well that's just an Android limitation then. It's not a problem on iOS.

I'll confirm that - that you can have Litchi and DJI GO at the same time. I've even had Litchi and DJI GO on at the same time last weekend. Can't remember why I thought to look at the time, but it's possible nevertheless.

The problem with Android is that it wants to allocate the USB port as default to a specific app; in this case, either Litchi or DJI GO. There is a DJI sticky thread here about resetting Android defaults. Here: http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... D368%26typeid%3D368

2016-12-12
Use props
trance728-
lvl.4
Flight distance : 298048 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have Android with Litchi, the old GO app, and the GO 4app installed. When I need to switch to a different one I go to settings, to applications, then to the last one I used with and and hit the clear defaults button. Do force close too if it happens to be running. Then you might just need to replug in the connector and it will ask you which app you want to use.
2016-12-12
Use props
JWC P4
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8176 ft
South Africa

trance728- Posted at 2016-12-13 03:02
I have Android with Litchi, the old GO app, and the GO 4app installed. When I need to switch to a different one I go to settings, to applications, then to the last one I used with and and hit the clear defaults button. Do force close too if it happens to be running. Then you might just need to replug in the connector and it will ask you which app you want to use.

100% - this is the correct way to do it!  The other method is to choose "only this time" when you get asked.  It then does not set it as the default.
2016-12-12
Use props
BrianKushner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 44281716 ft
  • >>>
United States

Litchi released beta software today that supports the P4P
2016-12-15
Use props
Punchbuggy
First Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

BrianKushner Posted at 2016-12-16 11:57
Litchi released beta software today that supports the P4P

Yes, but what does 'added initial support for P4P' mean? Hopefully it won't be far off till when we can find out what 'initial' means...
2016-12-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules