Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
marctronixx
lvl.4
Flight distance : 210118 ft
  • >>>
United States

All,

I want to register the UAV* with the faa since I will be using this product for business.

I am loacated in Los Angeles, CA USA.

IS there a local entity who can do the paperwork for me and register? I see there are a few of them online if I do a web search, but if anyone here have any recommendations...

Id rather have a 3rd party do this for me so I don't mis something.

cheers...

*I have a phantom 4 pro plus but wanted to ask in this forum since there are more serious pilots here overall-no disrespect to anyone
2016-12-11
Use props
Daroga
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3517287 ft
  • >>>
United States

With the adoption of the New Small UAS Rule (Part 107) by the FAA on 29 Aug 2016 (Click here to view the FAA UAS Getting Started page),
registration of drones less than 55 pounds is done very simply online at the FAA UAS Registration site -> Click here to go to the UAS registration site

You only need to use paper (N-number) registration if: (Click here to view the FAA reference page)

Your unmanned aircraft is 55 pounds or greater
  You want to qualify a small unmanned aircraft for operation outside the United States
  You hold title to an aircraft in trust
  The small unmanned aircraft owner uses a voting trust to meet U.S. Citizenship requirements

More important for flying for work and business is the new requirement for the Remote Pilot to be FAA certified and obtain a Remote Pilot Airman's certificate:

Click here to view the FAA information about Flying drones for work or business

Click here for information on becoming a UAS Remote Pilot

Many forum members have successfully completed this certification and a search of the forum will show suggestions for study, etc.

Click here to search the form for Part 107 threads

2016-12-13
Use props
MJones
lvl.2
Flight distance : 74783 ft
United States

Daroga Posted at 2016-12-13 07:17
With the adoption of the New Small UAS Rule (Part 107) by the FAA on 29 Aug 2016 (Click here to view the FAA UAS Getting Started page),
registration of drones less than 55 pounds is done very simply online at the FAA UAS Registration site -> Click here to go to the UAS registration site

Perfect response - should be a sticky.

Regards,

Mike
2016-12-13
Use props
marctronixx
lvl.4
Flight distance : 210118 ft
  • >>>
United States

absolutely! thank you!!!!
2016-12-13