Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mike-the-cat
Second Officer
Flight distance : 22488593 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

thehippoz Posted at 2016-12-13 08:28
Had the original GO app crash once when first installed it. But after that it's been doing what it should. I have to install 4 and see what's up. Install the litchi app too

You don't need Litchi with Go 4. Its go the ability to display 720p cached video in Landscape mode and allows you to download 1080p video to your phone / tablet
2016-12-13
Use props
Mike-the-cat
Second Officer
Flight distance : 22488593 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

watuse Posted at 2016-12-13 16:09
Yes Mike it could be true but I am not going to use that app anymore 3 strikes and the app is out of my phone, This is like baseball so if they did not get it right from the beginning I am not going to try it out anymore plus it messes up the whole entire IMU and compass and other stuff not just the video downlink but a lot of things... I am going to test the old app today if it does not fail then it is clearly a application problem by the DJI Go app..

An app can't mess around with the IMU and compass. I think you need to be more patient to enjoy the new features of GO 4.
2016-12-13
Use props
thehippoz
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23 ft
United States

Mike-the-cat Posted at 2016-12-14 04:13
You don't need Litchi with Go 4. Its go the ability to display 720p cached video in Landscape mode and allows you to download 1080p video to your phone / tablet

Any issues with the newest firmware? After reading the couple crashes on this forum, I didn't upgrade yet
2016-12-13
Use props
Fortmac2
lvl.2
Flight distance : 25430 ft
United States

watuse Posted at 2016-12-12 08:29
I am sorry this app DJI go 4 is horrible it has to many bugs and it has disconnected my video downlink from the iPhone, lucky I do not lose connection with the RC controller but on several occasion I have lost downlink video transmission and even all connection like today I was about to record some nice footage and the mavic pro with the DJI go app 4 lost complete disconnection the RC controller stays connected and I manage to hit RTH and it comes in but if not I would not use this new version of the DJI go app I am sticking with the old one.

Thanx for the heads up on the DJI Go 4 app flaws.

My Mavic has been doing fine using the DJI GO....same with my Phantom 4. Like yourself I just use the original DJI GO. I just need to separate the logs.
2016-12-13
Use props
Telrin
lvl.4
Flight distance : 29767 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Two thoughts, If you are having problems using Go 4 and you also have the original Go app installed, do make sure you force close the app you are not using.

If having problems with iPhone 6s etc. and Mavic, try removing the little plastic slider that helps position the cable, it can sometimes cause the lightning connector to make an imperfect connection which then causes disconnects etc.  
2016-12-13
Use props
jamgabbi
lvl.3
Flight distance : 32530 ft
United States

Telrin Posted at 2016-12-14 07:01
Two thoughts, If you are having problems using Go 4 and you also have the original Go app installed, do make sure you force close the app you are not using.

If having problems with iPhone 6s etc. and Mavic, try removing the little plastic slider that helps position the cable, it can sometimes cause the lightning connector to make an imperfect connection which then causes disconnects etc.

can you keep both apps and use one at a time ?  my GO app is working great
2016-12-13
Use props
Quadrocopter
lvl.2
Flight distance : 250125 ft
  • >>>
United States

Would be nice if I could indeed leave both apps installed on the tablets/phones I use since I have multiple DJI devices including M600's P3's, and my P4P.

2016-12-13
Use props
jamgabbi
lvl.3
Flight distance : 32530 ft
United States

Quadrocopter Posted at 2016-12-14 07:49
Would be nice if I could indeed leave both apps installed on the tablets/phones I use since I have multiple DJI devices including M600's P3's, and my P4P.

i think you can but maybe only have one running at a time.  i was jist flipping between them @ idle
2016-12-13
Use props
MD_Icarus
lvl.4
United States

I like DJI's decision to have different apps for each craft type.  This should make the apps less bloated , and increase operational efficiency.

I would also like to see a DJI-Go-Lite option, which will not include options like the editor, or live Streaming.  Just the basic app to fly the phantoms.
2016-12-13
Use props
Free Bird
lvl.3

Canada

Telrin Posted at 2016-12-13 15:01

I removed my plastic slider. It does cause connection problems with the larger iPhones by pulling it out slightly. I know for sure because it happened once to me, now I precheck to make sure the firewire is home all the way.

I wonder if this is what is happening to watuse? This would certainly account for loss of signal to and from his phone.
2016-12-13
Use props
watuse
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2064587 ft
Spain

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-12-13 23:58
Yo said you are using a iPhone 6 and the app is shutting down your phone.
I also tried a iPhone 6 and it's working just fine.
You've already deleted/reinstalled the app, making sure no other apps are running (only the GO app)

Ken all solved, I had to do some drastic moves to get it back in order and working like I got it when I took it out of the box, I had to go to the assistant 2 app and downgraded the firmware and put it to factory settings. Once I did that went again out in the field and it told me that new firmware needed to be updated. I was still using the DJi Go app version 3 updated the firmware this time it updated both the controller and the craft. Once it was done I took the bird up in the air and it work flawlessly, phone too no problems with losing video connection feed. I took it to a round trip of 500 meters distance cruise recording video at 4K 24 frames highest video quality and return the bird again, once I drain the first battery when I put the second battery it gave me that it needed to update the firmware, I hit ok, nothing happen when I got home I wanted to change all the video recording setting to manual because I don't like shooting in auto for any of my shoots. Turn on the craft and it gave me the same message about firmware updated and for what I read for each battery it will updated the firmware or something to the battery. All I know is before I install the DJI go app 4.0 my aircraft was acting up with losing video downlink, to the point it was getting worst and worst, so for now I am not updating to the DJI go app to the version 4, if it works fine with the old DJI GO App why updated its not broken.... Worst thing was it started to act very and I mean very buggy with the new DJI go app...
2016-12-13
Use props
watuse
lvl.4
Spain

Mike-the-cat Posted at 2016-12-14 04:14
An app can't mess around with the IMU and compass. I think you need to be more patient to enjoy the new features of GO 4.

well for some reason I downgraded the firmware, and when I went back in the field it told me to updated the firmware and it updated both the craft and the controller and using the DJI go app version 3 it worked flawlessly like when it came out of the box, so no more DJI go 4, as to my experience its crap sorry, but those feature it has I never saw them working all I saw was a hell of a buggy software that made my aircraft very unstable using it with the phone, just with the controller itself it worked flawlessly but when I put the phone and open the new DJI GO app 4 it was giving me all sorts of crazy messages... I got it to work perfect again, but this time with the new firmware and the old DJI GO app so not going to  touch that crappy 4 app ever...
2016-12-13
Use props
sass2
lvl.2
Flight distance : 356421 ft
Lebanon

DJI GO does not support Android 5.0 anymore?
2016-12-13
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

sass2 Posted at 2016-12-14 15:56
DJI GO does not support Android 5.0 anymore?

For the DJI GO 4, it requires android version 4.4.0 or later.
May I know the problem for your android 5.0? what's the model of your mobile device?
2016-12-14
Use props
sass2
lvl.2
Lebanon

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-12-14 10:11
For the DJI GO 4, it requires android version 4.4.0 or later.
May I know the problem for your android 5.0? what's the model of your mobile device?

It's a Samsung Note 3,  Android 5.0.DJI GO regular, not 4
So far it would update flawlessly.
2016-12-14
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

sass2 Posted at 2016-12-14 16:23
It's a Samsung Note 3,  Android 5.0.DJI GO regular, not 4
So far it would update flawlessly.

That's great, enjoy it and it's appreciated for any feedback.
2016-12-14
Use props
sass2
lvl.2
Lebanon

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-12-14 10:32
That's great, enjoy it and it's appreciated for any feedback.

Thanks. But what is the solution??
2016-12-14
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

sass2 Posted at 2016-12-14 16:46

Sorry I'm a little confused, would you please make the problems more clear?
2016-12-14
Use props
Telrin
lvl.4
Flight distance : 29767 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

sass2 Posted at 2016-12-14 08:46

I don't think anyone knows what your problem actually is?

Android 5 is supported, so are you having problems updating the go app, running the Go app or what?

Any error messages and more details would be helpful...
2016-12-14
Use props
sass2
lvl.2
Lebanon

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-12-14 11:42
Sorry I'm a little confused, would you please make the problems more clear?

Sorry for any confusion:
I have a Samsung Note 3 running Android 5.0 that I use only for my P3P. So far I had no problem updating the DJI GO app. Today when I tried to update, I get a notification that the app is not compatible with my device.
I hope it's clearer now.
2016-12-14
Use props
watuse
lvl.4
Spain

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-12-13 23:58
Yo said you are using a iPhone 6 and the app is shutting down your phone.
I also tried a iPhone 6 and it's working just fine.
You've already deleted/reinstalled the app, making sure no other apps are running (only the GO app)

Here are the shots I did with the Go app version 4 the one of mountain dome on top I had several video downlink cut off and the one with the castle the only one I could shoot because yesterday I wanted to shoot that castle again and the freaking DJI Go app 4.0 gave me so many problems, the last one where there is a church, that was yesterday in the evening when I only have one problem while I was panning around to reveal the city where I am living, it kept telling me that there was an obstacle and it would stop but I kept pushing the stick and it will continue to pan is this because the sensor cannot tell if it is an obstacle and its evening shot or there is a problem with the obstacle sensor that needs calibrating, with the assistant 2 app...  Any how the drone is now working perfectly fine with the older DJI Go app.  The final shot was done with the latest firmware and the old version of the DJI go app.
2016-12-14
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

sass2 Posted at 2016-12-14 18:22
Sorry for any confusion:
I have a Samsung Note 3 running Android 5.0 that I use only for my P3P. So far I had no problem updating the DJI GO app. Today when I tried to update, I get a notification that the app is not compatible with my device.
I hope it's clearer now.

Would you please post a screenshot here about the mobile system page?
I'll transfer it to our engineers.
2016-12-14
Use props
Shockwave
lvl.2
Flight distance : 27274 ft
United Kingdom

So, I'm reading a lot about people not getting on with the GO 4 app, and to be honest the Go 4 app on my Nexus 6P keep crashing, so I'm too looking at using the older app. Can someone tell me if there are any differences as far as functionality of the Pro 4 is concerned? ie. will all flight modes and functions of the Pro 4 be available in the older Go App as the Go 4 App?
Cheers
2016-12-14
Use props
MikeQView
lvl.4
United Kingdom

All these differing firmwares and softwares as SO confusing !

PLEASE DJI !   Can someone from Tech PLEASE tell us all the correct way to load and update our soft/firmwares !    what i mean by this is a numbered approach so that we all know we are all doing it correctly !

similar to this:-

UPDATE in this order,    1st PC to v xx.xx.xx ,  2nd Mavic to v xx.xx.xx,  3rd Controller to v xx.xx.xx,  4th Phone/tablet to v xx.xx.xx, 5th Batteries to v xx.xx.xx.

1)  ensure your PC is loaded with version xx.xx.xx of DJI Assistant.
2)  connect usb cable to Mavic, THEN power up mavic ensuring you have a FULL/50% + Battery
3) once connection is achieved , do  X   THEN  Y  Followed by Z in that order.
4) once complete Power down Mavic, THEN disconnect ( if that is the correct order, if not state the correct order)

etc etc etc

the whole broad brush instruction should take no more than one page of A4,  

Also i would seriously be thankful for a list of known incompatibilities,   eg Version 3 GO  should not be flown with V xx.xx.xx or newer mavic firmware   etc etc,  

This type of approach would be serving your customers best, and DJI themselves would gain a level of reassurance we are all doing this correctly, so lots of unnecassary support calls could be done away with.

And the icing on the cake would be a factory reset software set that could take all your craft batteries, phone and controllers to a sound starting postion for loading new soft or firmwares, so as to be sure your not carrying ghosts forward in any soft or firmware.

And due to the situation of in general poorly performing/inconsistant software and firmware, i am supporting the camp where each craft and controller should have its own dedicated firmware and software, that way code that is running will not be trying to look for all sorts of electronics, commands , calls  from stuff which may not even be there !
2016-12-14
Use props
sass2
lvl.2
Lebanon

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-12-14 12:24

This is the error message I get

error message

error message
2016-12-14
Use props
sass2
lvl.2
Lebanon

And my device mobile version
2957_51_48.png
2016-12-14
Use props
Shockwave
lvl.2
Flight distance : 27274 ft
United Kingdom

MikeQView Posted at 2016-12-14 11:15
All these differing firmwares and softwares as SO confusing !

PLEASE DJI !   Can someone from Tech PLEASE tell us all the correct way to load and update our soft/firmwares !    what i mean by this is a numbered approach so that we all know we are all doing it correctly !

I too would welcome more detail around these topics. My P4P arrived yesterday and the firmware upgrade was so different from the documented instructions that came with it. Plus it failed 3 times by sticking at 99%. After about and hour and a half I got there, but it was hardly a good first experience of a very expensive bit of kit. I've worked in IT for 30 years and the mere thought of firmware upgrades failing, and having to power cycle it before it completed brought a shiver to me. The upgrade path to the next level should be flawless for a £1.5k piece of equipment
2016-12-14
Use props
sass2
lvl.2
Lebanon

Well now it's working again
Thanks for your replies anyway.
2016-12-14
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

watuse Posted at 2016-12-14 14:56
Ken all solved, I had to do some drastic moves to get it back in order and working like I got it when I took it out of the box, I had to go to the assistant 2 app and downgraded the firmware and put it to factory settings. Once I did that went again out in the field and it told me that new firmware needed to be updated. I was still using the DJi Go app version 3 updated the firmware this time it updated both the controller and the craft. Once it was done I took the bird up in the air and it work flawlessly, phone too no problems with losing video connection feed. I took it to a round trip of 500 meters distance cruise recording video at 4K 24 frames highest video quality and return the bird again, once I drain the first battery when I put the second battery it gave me that it needed to update the firmware, I hit ok, nothing happen when I got home I wanted to change all the video recording setting to manual because I don't like shooting in auto for any of my shoots. Turn on the craft and it gave me the same message about firmware updated and for what I read for each battery it will updated the firmware or something to the battery. All I know is before I install the DJI go app 4.0 my aircraft was acting up with losing video downlink, to the point it was getting worst and worst, so for now I am not updating to the DJI go app to the version 4, if it works fine with the old DJI GO App why updated its not broken.... Worst thing was it started to act very and I mean very buggy with the new DJI go app...

Glad you got it sorted out. There is an update to the GO app 4.0 that came out this morning. Update the app and try it out and see if it's ok with your phone.
2016-12-14
Use props
Robert09
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1761181 ft
Netherlands

I tried DJI GO 4 today, after two spontaneous disconnections I decided to use DJI GO again, which works perfect.

I stick with DJI GO for now.
2016-12-14
Use props
MikeQView
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Today my Mavic arrived,  wooooo hoooooo,  i took the bull by the horns and loaded the very latest firmwares and pc software at 13:00 today,  and so far it has all worked without flaw at all,  i am using a Motorola moto x play,  and it behaves well (soft/firmware),  the right hand side of the motorola though is too wide so i had to remove the upper rubber section in the right hand grip,   but software (go 4 latest) is working well,  and many new features like 48fps in 1080p mine has a little alaising but in fairness i havent had time to go through cam settings and new cam menus fully yet.
2016-12-14
Use props
Uptowndisco
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7394987 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Here is an idea DJI , take the editor out the GO flight apps and make it a stand alone editor app
for those that want it .
2016-12-14
Use props
uQHluxUNYXUj
lvl.1
Australia

I've noticed since using DJI GO 4 and using the latest firmware installed, the mavic seems a lot more sluggish in the sky, less responsive when I first got it out of the box.  I'm also missing the yellow exposure circle now, has that been removed?
2016-12-14
Use props
fansae63899d
lvl.2
Flight distance : 361188 ft
United States

Mike-the-cat Posted at 2016-12-14 04:11
Probably because Android can't run both apps simultaneously. Nothing wrong with Go 4 in my experience. Its cool and the video review feature is excellent

Yep, that comes in addition.
I can only have one DJI GO app installed. If I have both, neither is working.
2016-12-14
Use props
asimokid
lvl.2

Indonesia

i happy with dji go 4! more fluid in my old device (5s and ipad mini 2)
before use dji go 4. with my 'old' device running in ios10 it make very lag when device get hot (device get hot veryfast)

and after use dji go 4, now i can flying nonstop with 3 battery with any problem
2016-12-14
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Mike-the-cat Posted at 2016-12-13 12:11
Probably because Android can't run both apps simultaneously. Nothing wrong with Go 4 in my experience. Its cool and the video review feature is excellent

So far I have only had a few minor glitches but after today the new GO App 4.01 update fixed the over exposure warning stripes.   I tested most everything else and it was working just fine.
Rich
IMG_8149.PNG
2016-12-14
Use props
JasonMBryant
lvl.3

United States

Is the Osmo line going to be added to DJI Go 4 in the future?
2016-12-14
Use props
watuse
lvl.4
Spain

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-12-14 23:01
Glad you got it sorted out. There is an update to the GO app 4.0 that came out this morning. Update the app and try it out and see if it's ok with your phone.

I will give it a shot again then... I will keep the old one just in case something wrong happens to the new version.
2016-12-14
Use props
Aubergine
lvl.1

Turkey

The Google play page says Dji go 4 is for mavic pro and phantom4 pro only, but here in the forum post it says it is also for phantom 4.
So confusing.
2016-12-15
Use props
fansa5e1fb66
lvl.2

United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-12-12 07:07
Sorry you are experiencing this, what device are you using?

Hi to all
Just wondering what should be done if you suddenly lose control of the Mavice. Somthing like, No stick control or something the Mavice starts doing on it's own.
What is the safest thing to do to gain control.
2016-12-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules