Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI GO vs. DJI GO 4
165515 246 2016-12-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans28149680
New
Flight distance : 414682 ft
Hungary

Please help me for the last refresh UAN (3.1.3) there is no video of the Samsung Galaxy S2 9.7 "tablet. Please do something in order to avoid having more and more devices to buy after one update that birds use it!https://youtu.be/lNQuhpXwpb4
2017-2-17
Use props
KevDrones
lvl.4
Flight distance : 475522 ft
United States

I cannot find a way to stream .
2017-2-17
Use props
fans1905231a
New
Flight distance : 61289 ft
Czechia

Can I use DJI Go with mavic pro as my phone is not compatible with dji go 4 ? (iphone 5)
2017-2-20
Use props
Mizamook
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1121519 ft
  • >>>
United States

Just wanted to post my displeasure ... I don't have my Mavic yet, so don't need Go 4, but was trying to use the Go App with Osmo Raw today, and the phone had not even been connected to internet (airplane mode) for many days .,.. yet somehow, suddenly, teh App decides not to work, where it was working fine before .. and I had to drive 16 freaking miles out of my way to get to place where I could get internet and update  k  .. naturally, I lost the shot, too.  This should NEVER happen again!  

We should control WHEN we update the App .. not the APP!  I am going traveling this summer on long trips way out of range (rural Alaska and Canada) there will be no way to make things work again if this kind of crap happens.  Please make sure it does not happen!  I don't want to have several thousand dollars worth of plastic junk that doesn't  work at all  because of inconsiderate engineers.

Least we could have gotten an email update ... I don't CHECK my stuff every time I go out .. I'm going out to make clips ... not mess around asking companies if their product I paid for is going to work today, or tomorrow ..

Thanks DJI.

2017-2-20
Use props
foumanvilla
New

Iran

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-2-6 03:13
The remote is connected to aircraft properly, right?
Please try to restart the device, unplug the USB cable and plug it again.
You installed the latest DJI GO 4?

Yes,The remote is connected to aircraft properly and there isn't any problem in fly.
When i restarted my phone, the problem solved just for one minute and the image went again.
Yes, l i installed the latest DJI GO 4 that it's 2017/02/10
2017-2-21
Use props
fans4a53d64d
lvl.1
Flight distance : 430269 ft
United Kingdom

Dear DJI,

I am a P4 user and have been watching with interest comments here and on Google Play where the rating for the DJI Go 4 app is appalling, with general lack of satisfaction being expressed and little feedback.

Given the crucial nature of the app in terms of control and confidence in your products, it does seem that your company has a direct and fundamental responsibility to answer these concerns and  provide an app that is mature, stable and capable, not one that causes lack of confidence and fear of operation.
2017-2-21
Use props
wellcome
New

Brazil

Good morning, I installed the DJI GO 4 on my Sansumg Galaxy note 4 phone, now the images that are transferred to my cell phone, are crashing and with bad images blurred. The Mavic keeps running, but the screen stays frozen or tilted for a few seconds. I've done all the maintenance on the phone, making it very light, but it has not improved, I'm operating at 720p. The DJI GO works perfectly without problem, what is happening, please !!!
(Sorry, it was translated by google tranlate)

Português
Bom dia, instalei o DJI GO 4 no meu telefone Sansumg Galaxy note 4, agora as imagens que são tranmitidas para meu celular, estão travando e com péssima imagens borradas. O Mavic continua funcionando, mas a tela fica congelada ou tavada, por alguns segundos. Já fiz toda manutenção no celular, deixando ele bem leve, mesmo assim não melhorou, estou operando a 720p. O DJI GO funciona perfeito sem problema, o que está ocorrendo, porfavor!!!
(desculpe, foi traduzido pelo google tranlate)
2017-2-24
Use props
wellcome
New

Brazil

Good morning, I installed the DJI GO 4 on my Sansumg Galaxy note 4 phone, now the images that are transferred to my cell phone, are crashing and with bad images blurred. The Mavic keeps running, but the screen stays frozen or tilted for a few seconds. I've done all the maintenance on the phone, making it very light, but it has not improved, I'm operating at 720p. The DJI GO works perfectly without problem, what is happening, please !!!
(Sorry, it was translated by google tranlate)

Português
Bom dia, instalei o DJI GO 4 no meu telefone Sansumg Galaxy note 4, agora as imagens que são tranmitidas para meu celular, estão travando e com péssima imagens borradas. O Mavic continua funcionando, mas a tela fica congelada ou tavada, por alguns segundos. Já fiz toda manutenção no celular, deixando ele bem leve, mesmo assim não melhorou, estou operando a 720p. O DJI GO funciona perfeito sem problema, o que está ocorrendo, porfavor!!!
(desculpe, foi traduzido pelo google tranlate)

2017-2-24
Use props
blackcrusader
lvl.4
Flight distance : 689774 ft
Taiwan

Thanks for the explanation between the apps on page1.

I am using the Go App on my Phantom 3 Standard 3.1.3 and it works well.   Sometimes I get laggy video when first connecting or the odd closure of the app when I first log in.

However what I do is let my aircraft warm up, lanch to the 1.2m height then fly to maybe 5m height, test my controls.
Then if laggy video close the app and restart it and it's fine.

No real drama's and never had the app close off during any of my flights unless I myself have closed it.  
2017-2-24
Use props
fans72eaf896
lvl.1

United States

Tried to upgrade Mavic Pro firmware. My phone is connected to a WiFi personal hotspot from another iPhone. DJI Go App has no problem downloading new firmware from hotspot. DJI Go 4 doesn't see the internet connection and I can only bypass update process to fly.
2017-2-25
Use props
Ryan2016
lvl.1
Belize

Greetings,  I truly could use some expert help on my phantom 4.  Brand new out of the box, it flew perfectly.  I read that there was a new firmware update
for my phantom 4 so I read all the instructions for the proper way to update, and did so.  Then I went to the screen (dji assistant 2 app) that indicates calibration.
It was working fine until I had to turn the aircraft to where the camera was looking down, that was the last screen, I put the aircraft down on my table and then
with no apparent reason the camera started moving erratically and very fast, then the camera just went limp.  I turned off the aircraft off and then the controller,
waited about three minutes and then started the aircraft, and then the controller.  Now the controller shows disconnected.  When I started the aircraft I noticed
the camera came all the way up, and then dropped down.  I tried the calibration by holding the camera in place, the camera is working, but could not calibrate
it because it just goes back limp.  I thought, (after reading in the forum) that my next step would be to downgrade the firmware (1) version.  It would fail when
I tried.  Okay, well then maybe I should shut aircraft and controller and start fresh.  Still it would not downgrade.  I then shut all down, and then restarted.
Tried factory reset.  That does not work.  I'm currently on firmware v. 0620.  I can fly the aircraft if I use the two controller levers at outside angles, it starts up,
but the camera does not work so I cannot fly very far for line of site, so I tried that a couple of times, and was too nervous, afraid of losing the aircraft.
So now it sits.  Unable to use it.  I called customer support and the guy I talked with, before I could tell him all that was happening, he just interrupted me and
said the problem is the usb port, and to send it in.  Didn't mention what address to send it.  Seemed he needed to get off the online chat quickly.
I had in no way been rude to him at all, he just seemed my issue was not that important, he didn't even ask me the version of my firmware, just send it in.
I apologize for having to write my concern.  I got to actually fly my phantom twice for about 5 mins. each time.  I am discouraged.  I paid a lot of money for my
drone, and it just sits here and have no where else to turn.
I truly hope I can get some help on getting my drone back in the air.  I will answer any questions about it.
Thank you very much.
Ryan
2017-2-27
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Ryan2016 Posted at 2017-2-27 15:10
Greetings,  I truly could use some expert help on my phantom 4.  Brand new out of the box, it flew perfectly.  I read that there was a new firmware update
for my phantom 4 so I read all the instructions for the proper way to update, and did so.  Then I went to the screen (dji assistant 2 app) that indicates calibration.
It was working fine until I had to turn the aircraft to where the camera was looking down, that was the last screen, I put the aircraft down on my table and then

I responded to you on another thread:

http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... mp;extra=#pid713393

2017-2-27
Use props
robd0gg
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1121555 ft
United States

Mizamook Posted at 2017-2-20 20:21
Just wanted to post my displeasure ... I don't have my Mavic yet, so don't need Go 4, but was trying to use the Go App with Osmo Raw today, and the phone had not even been connected to internet (airplane mode) for many days .,.. yet somehow, suddenly, teh App decides not to work, where it was working fine before .. and I had to drive 16 freaking miles out of my way to get to place where I could get internet and update  k  .. naturally, I lost the shot, too.  This should NEVER happen again!  

We should control WHEN we update the App .. not the APP!  I am going traveling this summer on long trips way out of range (rural Alaska and Canada) there will be no way to make things work again if this kind of crap happens.  Please make sure it does not happen!  I don't want to have several thousand dollars worth of plastic junk that doesn't  work at all  because of inconsiderate engineers.

not to be snarky, but a good pre-flight checklist will have options to check for latest firmware and app updates prior to leaving home before going on a shoot..   this might help you in the future..   there are a bunch of checklists out on the internets.
2017-3-1
Use props
Mizamook
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

robd0gg Posted at 2017-3-1 11:28
not to be snarky, but a good pre-flight checklist will have options to check for latest firmware and app updates prior to leaving home before going on a shoot..   this might help you in the future..   there are a bunch of checklists out on the internets.

It wasn't a flight

I use the gear almost every day

I use LOTS of gear ... if I had to check firmware on every device I'd never get out of the house. (DJI gear is the only that is susceptible . .ALL other gear I have that uses apps and/or firmware updates requires direct user intervention, so timing is at eh discretion of the USER

DJI software-dependent gear suddenly NOT working in the field due to forced upgrade/update is BS due to issues just like this one

Not to be snarky.
2017-3-1
Use props
Whitetail UP
lvl.1
United States

Mizamook Posted at 2017-3-1 13:15
It wasn't a flight

I use the gear almost every day

Glad I hopped on and read all this i have the app on my phone and saw the upgrade, but I now have the 4 Pro, and I definitely will not be updating the software on the remote till I read better news, why fix something that isn't broken.
2017-3-3
Use props
Mizamook
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

(Cautiously) I report that the recent app update allows Go 4 and Go (prev 4) to work on Samsung S7.  Not field tested yet, but seems to be fine now .. maybe all my yelling and kicking and screaming did some good.

Ordered the P4P a couple days ago ... hoping the App(s) cohabitate fine with all my DJI stuff, ... what a mess .. .Mavic, P4P, A3+LB2 system, Nvidia Shield, Apple Mini 2, and S7 ...

Robots!
2017-3-5
Use props
fans60237c4f
lvl.3
Flight distance : 236781 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

I have been using GO4 since december. I have had many crashes. (P4, Nvidea Shield Android 5.0).
I am now using Litchi. No crashes so far
2017-3-6
Use props
fansb72fe2d6
lvl.1
Flight distance : 101716 ft
United States

Downloaded the DJI GO 4 App, prior to this I was using the DJI GO and all worked perfect on my phantom 4. Now with the DJI GO 4 App I have nothing but problems with video freezing. I am using Samsung Tab A and a new LG 8X, both worked fine with the DJI GO app. Now I can't fly beyond 500 feet away as over that the live video feed freezes and so does the App. How is it a company as big as DJI in the drone field put out an App as buggy as DJI GO 4? From all the reviews on the google play store android app it is amazing on everyone having the same problem and DJI has done nothing to correct it. This is not to acceptable, maybe they should buy back all their consumer drones as Go Pro did until they correct this? Maybe if it hits their pocket book they will wake up?
2017-3-18
Use props
paukstis91
lvl.2
Lithuania

Maybe chinese do no understand english? But yes, this is strange, for that solid company, and there is no feedback. And what all we can do about this? I believe nothing, only cry in forums...
2017-3-18
Use props
Svernlov
New
Flight distance : 186713 ft
Sweden

How can I view the photos and videos created in the DJI GO App in the DJI GO 4 app?
2017-4-1
Use props
Zi5rhMozelW8
New
United States

DJI-KEN

Where is the geofencing option in the general settings? I am upset its now gone. I need it back and its very useful.
2017-4-1
Use props
JerryGarrido
New
United States

Honestly really unhappy because my drone is basically a paper weight right now. A month ago I could fly my Phantom 4 no problems on either my iphone 5c or my ipad. And now I can't fly the drone at all because of this app update. The app isn't supported on my slightly older (yet not that old) devices. So unless I drop $500 on a new ipad or iphone, I have a useless drone.
2017-4-5
Use props
fans973dcd7b
New
Flight distance : 194344 ft

Malta

I could perfectly fly my Mavic using DJI Go on my tablet. Now, I can no longer fly it without buying a new device which supports DJI GO 4.
2017-4-12
Use props
fans973dcd7b
New
Flight distance : 194344 ft

Malta

I could fly my mavic pro using DJI GO with my Tablet. Now, DJI Go does no longer support Mavic and my Tablet is not compatible with the DJI Go 4. Result, I will have to spend money to buy a new tablet or phone to fly my drone. Why? What is your gain in restricting a fully functional app ( for a device I paid for) so that I can no longer fly my drone? Really. what happened to backward compatibility ... or just common sense?
2017-4-12
Use props
Space Drone
lvl.2
Flight distance : 53862 ft
United States

JerryGarrido Posted at 2017-4-5 13:26
Honestly really unhappy because my drone is basically a paper weight right now. A month ago I could fly my Phantom 4 no problems on either my iphone 5c or my ipad. And now I can't fly the drone at all because of this app update. The app isn't supported on my slightly older (yet not that old) devices. So unless I drop $500 on a new ipad or iphone, I have a useless drone.

If you look at the go app you can still use the p4. This is on android so it may be different then Apple. Let me know if this helps and if it does not at least you have a really cool paperweight.  Safe flying!.
2017-4-12
Use props
fansa4d3a63b
New
Mexico

Hello. I'm trying to use DJI GO 4 on a Samsung Galaxy J5 Metal.  I have installed the app already, but as soon as I plug the RC into the USB port, it starts an infinite loop of a message asking if this app should be the default software for this connection, closing and opening over and over again.  And so the connection with the app never gets started.
I already took the device to the technical service and they told me there's nothing wrong with it.  That it's probably a compatibility issue. What can I do?  Is there any chance to get this fixed?  I really need to use my Mavic Pro without having to spend even more money.
Thanks in advance for any help.
2017-5-1
Use props
fansaf766905
New
Malta

fansa4d3a63b Posted at 2017-5-1 18:28
Hello. I'm trying to use DJI GO 4 on a Samsung Galaxy J5 Metal.  I have installed the app already, but as soon as I plug the RC into the USB port, it starts an infinite loop of a message asking if this app should be the default software for this connection, closing and opening over and over again.  And so the connection with the app never gets started.
I already took the device to the technical service and they told me there's nothing wrong with it.  That it's probably a compatibility issue. What can I do?  Is there any chance to get this fixed?  I really need to use my Mavic Pro without having to spend even more money.
Thanks in advance for any help.

Hi there!

Have the same problem with my wifes' Samsung J5 and after a long searching i've found a video on youtube "DJI go 4 Mavic Pro disconnected / USB message blinking problem solved!". Follow the instructions there and hope it will work for you. I did not try it yet myself as i can't get hold of the phone at the moment (wife is too busy at the moment so she has no time for "my toys" ).

Please let me know if that helped you!

Thanks!
2017-5-3
Use props
TJH
lvl.2
Flight distance : 50830 ft
United States

Natalia, thank you for posting the info about the android app settings. It resolved my issue I was having with the P4P and the GJI GO 4.
2017-5-3
Use props
fansa4d3a63b
New
Mexico

fansaf766905 Posted at 2017-5-3 05:07
Hi there!

Have the same problem with my wifes' Samsung J5 and after a long searching i've found a video on youtube "DJI go 4 Mavic Pro disconnected / USB message blinking problem solved!". Follow the instructions there and hope it will work for you. I did not try it yet myself as i can't get hold of the phone at the moment (wife is too busy at the moment so she has no time for "my toys" ).

Wow!!  Thanks a lot for your message.  That's exactly the problem I was having.   I don't have my Mavic Pro at the moment, since I'm at the office, but I will try it as soon as I get home.  I'll let you know about the results after that.
Thank you so much.
2017-5-3
Use props
KinDzaDza
New
Malta

fansa4d3a63b Posted at 2017-5-3 09:49
Wow!!  Thanks a lot for your message.  That's exactly the problem I was having.   I don't have my Mavic Pro at the moment, since I'm at the office, but I will try it as soon as I get home.  I'll let you know about the results after that.
Thank you so much.

You are welcome!

Unfortunately it did not help me completely.. i got rid of that "blinking pop-up", but unfortunately device is still unrecognizable for my J5..  once it was insisting that i am using Phantom 3 (though it is Mavic) and that i should download DJI GO instead of DJI GO 4, other time it was saying "RC connected", but not a drone itself (though all was connected) and other times i had a message saying something like "Device connected cannot read data correctly from your phone "...

I tried couple of other phones (Samsung S6, Huawei and Google Nexus 5X) and everything was working fine, so it must be my J5...

Nevertheless, hope that tip will help you, but please let me know how it goes when you have a chance to try it out..
2017-5-3
Use props
nickzavi
lvl.2
Flight distance : 137257 ft
Greece

dji phantom 4 with dji go4 and xiaomi redmi note 4 with marshmallow and xiaomi mipad2 with marshmallow
so smooth this two devices! i prefer xiaomi mipad 2 because of biggest 8ins screen!
i cant afford to buy an ios device..im thinking best for me is sold the phantom 4 and buy the new phantom 4pro the best i can do! im not thinking buy an apple device now because of cost and the best for me is buy the new p4pro!!!
2017-5-4
Use props
fansa4d3a63b
New
Mexico

KinDzaDza Posted at 2017-5-3 22:35
You are welcome!

Unfortunately it did not help me completely.. i got rid of that "blinking pop-up", but unfortunately device is still unrecognizable for my J5..  once it was insisting that i am using Phantom 3 (though it is Mavic) and that i should download DJI GO instead of DJI GO 4, other time it was saying "RC connected", but not a drone itself (though all was connected) and other times i had a message saying something like "Device connected cannot read data correctly from your phone "...

I'm sorry it didn't work completely for you.  But for me, it worked out really well.
I really appreciate that you took the time to answer me and help me.
Thank you once again.

Best regards from Guadalajara in Mexico.
2017-5-4
Use props
6vSpohyPP8ve
lvl.1
Greece

Hello to all. We recently after some months wanted to use again our phantom 4. when we started we were forced to update the app to the new GO 4 and also the aircraft sofware.  after this update we see that the aircraft does not respond as before. We push the joystic to send the drone forward but the drone goes forward and decreases altitude .  We let the drone to hover and the drone  decreases altitude and does not keep its position

Do you believe it is an App matter? Do you have any suggestions ? Can we use the previous version of App (DJi GO APP) with phantom 4 and see if the problem insists?

Thank you
2017-5-17
Use props
Raizuman
New
Germany

Many People had much Proplems with the dji go4 app with Samsung 7 at Moment. Pls Dji fix it very quickly!
2017-5-25
Use props
ultraboom
New

Austria

Why is the DJI Go 4 App restricted for newer phones?!? I have an iPhone 5, which still runs perfectly. I was able to install the latest iOS software update and am able to install all the apps I need (never found a restriction until now).
Now I would love to buy the DJI Spark without RC and control it via Smartphone... This does not seem to be possible, so I would need to buy a new phone? Why did you choose to restrict the iPhones from iPhone 5s on? This is really annoying...
Best regards,
Fabian
2017-5-29
Use props
adimitras
New
Flight distance : 18445 ft
Greece

dji go 4 update
2017-6-20
Use props
Mike Mas
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Just a thought . . . what about a DJI GO and DJI 4 in a "Lite" version - just the basics no editor or music - would be easy for the programmers to modify the existing versions.

Regards  Mike
2017-6-30
Use props
ijd
lvl.2
Flight distance : 925030 ft
  • >>>
Portugal

DJI needs to add an option to completely disable the editor and the autoedit videos. There are users that simply don't need it, and since it consumes CPU and Battery for a non-critical functionality it is imperative that DJI respects the usage that users desire from their mobile devices.
2017-8-8
Use props
djiuser_HzuxnqB
New
United Arab Emirates

Whats with the china mainland number BS
I have never been to China. Please sort your app out. Very frustrating. I read through the forum and think its pathetic that these sort of questions are being asked!
2017-9-1
Use props
alexeyporubay
Banned

Ukraine

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2017-9-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules