Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Vibration when landing
2521 22 2016-12-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TravisSRT
lvl.4
Flight distance : 18326348 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hello, has anyone noticed a fairly violent vibration from the aircraft upon landing while first touching ground and throttling down to stop motors?  I only have two flights through my brand new P4P and it did it both times.  Can't go out and do more tests as it's raining...  
2016-12-12
Use props
Ange1walk
lvl.3
Flight distance : 30305 ft
Austria

Hey, are you on the latest Firmware? Because the latest one reduced AC Vibration quite alot.

And also, when you stop the the Motors i'm guessing you are holding down the Throttle for 3 Seconds right? Because doing the CSC to turn off motors, can result in pretty bad.. things
2016-12-12
Use props
TravisSRT
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Ange1walk Posted at 2016-12-12 10:23
Hey, are you on the latest Firmware? Because the latest one reduced AC Vibration quite alot.

And also, when you stop the the Motors i'm guessing you are holding down the Throttle for 3 Seconds right? Because doing the CSC to turn off motors, can result in pretty bad.. things

Yeah, i'm on latest firmware.  I never do the CSC to stop motors as I had an early phantom flip over several years ago and that's always in my mind.  I normally fly Inspire Pro/Pro Raw's for most of my work but decided to grab a P4P as it looks impressive and so far seems to be, just wanted to make sure nothing is wrong with this one before I'm stuck with it.
2016-12-12
Use props
method007
lvl.4
Flight distance : 110449 ft
  • >>>
United States

Yea it vibrates more than I've ever seen on any of the prior drones.  Makes me thinks it's about to shatter.
2016-12-12
Use props
Farmboy001
New

United States

Mine is also updated the most current version...I also see a pretty hefty vibration upon landing.
2016-12-12
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Could you happen to provide a small video to show the extent of the vibration? You do not see vibration effecting your footage, correct?
2016-12-12
Use props
Natemare13
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Yes I experience the same vibration when the motors first spin up and also just as they shut down.  Almost like the blades are not balanced properly.
2016-12-12
Use props
TravisSRT
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-12-12 20:05
Could you happen to provide a small video to show the extent of the vibration? You do not see vibration effecting your footage, correct?

I will try and video it tomorrow if It stops raining.  I saw a small amount of Jello in one of my clips but otherwise looks good.  
2016-12-12
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

TravisSRT Posted at 2016-12-13 11:32
I will try and video it tomorrow if It stops raining.  I saw a small amount of Jello in one of my clips but otherwise looks good.

Please keep me posted when you can.
2016-12-13
Use props
dervish
New
Flight distance : 140896 ft
Netherlands

Same problem here with P4P, latest FW.

Best regards,
Patrick
2016-12-17
Use props
TravisSRT
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

dervish Posted at 2016-12-17 07:59
Same problem here with P4P, latest FW.

YT movie of landing

DJI Jamie, this video posted by dervish is exactly what mine does.  And it does seem to be affecting the footage somewhat as well.  Here is a test clip showing the vibration in the footage.  Shot at 1080/60 H.264  

2016-12-17
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

TravisSRT Posted at 2016-12-18 05:02
DJI Jamie, this video posted by dervish is exactly what mine does.  And it does seem to be affecting the footage somewhat as well.  Here is a test clip showing the vibration in the footage.  Shot at 1080/60 H.264  

I am puzzled as to what we are expected to see in that footage? Nothing seems wrong at all.
2016-12-17
Use props
TravisSRT
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Geebax Posted at 2016-12-17 16:34
I am puzzled as to what we are expected to see in that footage? Nothing seems wrong at all.

Watch the bottom right edge of the house, notice the twitching?  That shouldn't be happening.
2016-12-17
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

TravisSRT Posted at 2016-12-18 13:43
Watch the bottom right edge of the house, notice the twitching?  That shouldn't be happening.

Hmm, I see a touch of vibration, but nothing to get concerned about.
2016-12-17
Use props
Rob8888
lvl.2
New Zealand

I've been experiencing this too, at maybe 75% of lift off power and coming down through that on landing. Looks like a rotor is very badly balanced and shakes the whole aircraft. Only started noticing it yesterday and it made me check all the rotors. Latest firmware onboard. Seems strange.
2016-12-17
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

Rob8888 Posted at 2016-12-18 16:29
I've been experiencing this too, at maybe 75% of lift off power and coming down through that on landing. Looks like a rotor is very badly balanced and shakes the whole aircraft. Only started noticing it yesterday and it made me check all the rotors. Latest firmware onboard. Seems strange.

It can be a myriad of things, if you want to troubleshoot it, then start by hovering the aircraft in front of you at low level and see if it is shaking. What aircraft do you have?
2016-12-17
Use props
dervish
New
Flight distance : 140896 ft
Netherlands

Hi guys,

No one with an idea yet? Team-DJI?

For the record: I balanced my props, when flying in hover there are no vibrations in the aircraft. The problem is not vibration obviously, the P4P does something when hitting the ground, like it wants to compensate things while it's actually on the ground.... also did landings in the grass, does not matter....

Regards,
Patrick
2016-12-20
Use props
Paranoid Jack
lvl.1

United States

TravisSRT Posted at 2016-12-18 02:02

My P4P jumps all over when landing now too. I noticed this happening after the previous firmware update. I had not noticed it before that. I just got V01.01.0203 installed today so I will test mine again tomorrow. I'm also having jerky video during flight. Far worse than your video.
2016-12-21
Use props
Dublinphantom
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1033222 ft
  • >>>
United States

Seems a while since these were posted. I just bought a P4P and am having this issue. Im on firmware 1.02.0304. It is asking me to update to latest version but I'm reluctant as there are many bad posts about recent firmware updates on P4's.
Does anyone know if this issue was ever fixed and how?? I'd be very grateful to find out more.
Thanks
2017-8-28
Use props
Dublinphantom
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1033222 ft
  • >>>
United States

Paranoid Jack Posted at 2016-12-21 20:56
My P4P jumps all over when landing now too. I noticed this happening after the previous firmware update. I had not noticed it before that. I just got V01.01.0203 installed today so I will test mine again tomorrow. I'm also having jerky video during flight. Far worse than your video.

Hi just wondering did you fix this issue int he end? I'm having the same issue on firmware 1.02.0304 but dont want to update yet in case of other issues people are having.
Thanks
2017-8-28
Use props
fans28c57d79
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

YES! I have about 15 flights. Firmware is up to date. I'll try recallibrating everything next. Very strange! Please let me know if/when you find a solution. Thanks.
2018-8-6
Use props
Rodger8
Second Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

What is happening is that you have a bit of yaw and either left or right  input on your right stick when landing. In GPS mode the phantom is trying to correct for the variation. I can make that happen every time with the right inputs, especially on a day with a bit of wind. Try this, bring it down to about 6" from the ground and let go of both sticks so that everything is neutral. Do not touch the right stick and using the left stick bring it down slowly  to shut down. It should land smoothly.
2018-8-6
Use props
fansfe2c9456
lvl.3
United States

My P4P vibrates also.  My old P2V+ never did.  I know that the technology is different in the P4P, but they still still vibrate after landing and in the process of shutting down the motors!  Other drones can stop their prop almost instantly!  Boy would that be nice if the DJI drones could do that!  Why not DJI?
2018-8-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules