Newbie Soon To Be P4Pro Owner
563 3 2016-12-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
CiaranMcGrenera
lvl.1

Ireland

Hi,

I ordered a P4Pro today, my first drone. I've been holding off until The Phantom got a camera upgrade.

Ive read lot on here about things going wrong- different firmware problems on various people's drones and RC's, and while I realise that there is more likely to be negative feedback on here than positive, its made me think about when i get my drone.

Is there any particular order in which I should do things/ upgrade things before flying for the first time? Is there any resource that I can use as a reference?
2016-12-12
Use props
fans6c69eba4
lvl.4
Flight distance : 100331 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Very simple. as I mentioned in a post not too long ago for first time drone buyers/flyers.
1. Read the manual. Then, read it again. It's all there.
2. Be patient. I waited for 5 days after receiving the drone until the weather was fine and I had enough time to sit down and get confident with the App screen.
2. Stay away from the threads with issues here, until you find a problem with your drone. Then, come back to them.

I'm having a great time with my P4P+. Take your time, respect the processes and you'll do fine. I'm sure you'll receive advice here and you'll notice it's either not in the manual or contrary to the instructions – I'll say it again, read and follow the manual.

Have fun!
2016-12-12
Use props
sunny051488
lvl.2
Flight distance : 183891 ft
United States

yea i'm hearing all kinds of shipping delays and stuff including the hardware issues. I've decided to wait for a few firmware upgrades and demand to lower in 2017 then buy.
2016-12-12
Use props
marctronixx
lvl.4
Flight distance : 210118 ft
  • >>>
United States

so is this the proper way to get things going:

whilst reading the manual.....
charge up all batteries
charge RC
update firmware on RC/tablet (I have the p4p+) then udpate firmware WITH EACH NEW BATTERYinstalled in the drone
do the imu/calibrate dance
go outside and play?
2016-12-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules