P4P charger sound noise electrical?
5223 4 2016-12-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Chris
lvl.3
Flight distance : 30138 ft
United States

Hello, my P4P charger is almost silent charging regular phantom 4 batteries, but the new high capacity battery that came with my P4P makes the charger emit a high squeal sound, electrical noise?

Is the charger making noise only when charging the high capcity battery normal? Thanks !!!! : )))

Weird sound @0:15

2016-12-12
Use props
Nigel_
lvl.4
Flight distance : 388642 ft
United Kingdom

It is normal for chargers to make noises like that, no need to worry, just the sound of ceramic capacitors busy working hard.

The sound will probably change as the battery charges and the load changes.  Presumably the lower capacity battery puts less load on it which will change the noise, but it will still be making noises if you put your ear to it.
2016-12-12
Use props
Chris
lvl.3
Flight distance : 30138 ft
United States

Nigel_ Posted at 2016-12-12 11:15
It is normal for chargers to make noises like that, no need to worry, just the sound of ceramic capacitors busy working hard.

The sound will probably change as the battery charges and the load changes.  Presumably the lower capacity battery puts less load on it which will change the noise, but it will still be making noises if you put your ear to it.

Thanks for the response. side note I did google other posts, some said normal and some said not normal.

Why would only the high capcity make the charger emit noise ? also the sound is present from 10-80%
Video  (1st standard under 20% no noise, 2nd high capacity under 20% high noise, 3rd battery above 50% no noise)
Thanks again !!

2016-12-12
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Just as Nigel_ said. There's no need to worry about that.
2016-12-13
Use props
Nigel_
lvl.4
Flight distance : 388642 ft
United Kingdom

Chris Posted at 2016-12-12 21:21
Thanks for the response. side note I did google other posts, some said normal and some said not normal.

Why would only the high capcity make the charger emit noise ? also the sound is present from 10-80%

"Why would only the high capcity make the charger emit noise ? "

They will all make noises, if you can't hear it then the noise is at a frequency that your ears can't detect, even if you can hear it you are probably only hearing harmonics.   Point a bat detector at it and you might be able to hear the real noises.  Half the people who watched your video probably heard nothing as the noise is outside the frequency range of their ears.

It really is nothing to worry about, just caused by the way switching power regulators work and the components they use.  
2016-12-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules