P3S Course Lock
1830 9 2016-12-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansa5d99c1f
New

United States

Hi all.  New owner here and have a question about course lock on my P3S.  I've upgraded the firmware and everything else according to the directions on the DJI site.  Having said that I am totally confused about the whole use of IOC.  The vids on  youtube show different uses for the switches than showed on the dji tutorial vids.  The tutorial vids also assume that the new buyer knows more than at least I do.  

My conroller has 2 switches.  One on the top left and one on the top right.  The one on the top right should toggle between GPS/ATTI/IOC.  Switching between them while my craft is in the air seems to change from gps/atti/and back to gps.  There is no option on the go app that would show that ioc has been activated.  There should be (as I understand it) an option on the right side of the screen that allows me to turn on course lock and/or home lock, but there is no option in my app to do that.  By the way I use an ipad for the dji go app.  

1.Is using the latest upgrade on the operating system wrong.  If so what version should I use?

2. Is my controller faulty?  There is no apparent diference visually between the GPS position on the switch and the IOS posisition.  

3. Should I re-download the go app in the hopes that that is the problem.

Finnaly what in god's name is the top left switch for????

Thanks in advance for any help with this problem.  
2016-12-12
Use props
WilliamM
Second Officer
Flight distance : 904364 ft
United States

Your questions really don't need to be answered, because nothing is wrong. The switch on the right the S1 is for P-mode (top) for GPS, A-mode (center) for ATTI meaning no GPS, F-mode (lower) is for IOC. There is also an option within the Go app to turn on the IOC mode when the switch is put in F-mode. It may still say your in GPS when you put it in F-mode because you still have GPS function even in any IOC mode. If the setting is turned on in the Go app and you put the S1 switch to the lower position you should get a popup that asks which IOC mode you want, and you select it.
2016-12-12
Use props
stuka75
Second Officer
Flight distance : 85682 ft
United States

You really, really need to read the manual. As for IOC, I really, really need to read the manual or something. I've flown fixed wing rc since 1974 and Phantoms since June 2016 and was not aware of IOC until you mentioned it. For now, get hold of the manual to answer most of your questions. Forget about IOC for now and get comfortable with starting up, hovering and close flying in beginners mode until comfortable with the machine and how it works. YOu do not need to update the firmware of aircraft to fly(not operating system).Be sure to turn on controller, then p3, and then the Go app and select the P3 wifi on your tablets wifi page. Good luck.
2016-12-12
Use props
Caribou
lvl.2

France

WilliamM Posted at 2016-12-13 03:50
Your questions really don't need to be answered, because nothing is wrong. The switch on the right the S1 is for P-mode (top) for GPS, A-mode (center) for ATTI meaning no GPS, F-mode (lower) is for IOC. There is also an option within the Go app to turn on the IOC mode when the switch is put in F-mode. It may still say your in GPS when you put it in F-mode because you still have GPS function even in any IOC mode. If the setting is turned on in the Go app and you put the S1 switch to the lower position you should get a popup that asks which IOC mode you want, and you select it.

Could you please tell more about that :

"There is also an option within the Go app to turn on the IOC mode when the switch is put in F-mode."

Because in my case, when I switch S1 in F-mode, its open function mode, but it doesnot turn on IOC mode as you says !
2016-12-13
Use props
MrMaik
lvl.2
Flight distance : 315348 ft
Netherlands

If you put in F- mode, a remote controller icon will pop up on your screen under the return to home and auto land buttons. Hit this to see all IOC options.
2016-12-13
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Just as mentioned above. And here is a screenshot for your reference.
It's probably a remote controller icon. screenshot.jpg
2016-12-13
Use props
Jake Phantom 3
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2639747 ft
United States

Since  no one answered the question about the top left switch. If you toggle it twice it goes into Smart RTH mode. Other actions with it allows you to Relink the controler, reset the wifi password, and reset the wifi video down link. Like he said read the manual. This info is on page 21.
2016-12-13
Use props
Da Lata
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1008297 ft

Brazil

2016-12-16
Use props
Caribou
lvl.2

France

Jake Phantom 3  Posted at 2016-12-13 18:01
Since  no one answered the question about the top left switch. If you toggle it twice it goes into Smart RTH mode. Other actions with it allows you to Relink the controler, reset the wifi password, and reset the wifi video down link. Like he said read the manual. This info is on page 21.

That is bad luck, because in the past on Phantom 2, DJI offers S2 switch with Course Lock on middle position and Home Lock on second postion.
Very useful and fast, don't have to click many times on the screen like today in the last release.
Please Mr DJI come back on your decision !
2016-12-19
Use props
WilliamM
Second Officer
Flight distance : 904364 ft
United States

Caribou Posted at 2016-12-19 11:42
That is bad luck, because in the past on Phantom 2, DJI offers S2 switch with Course Lock on middle position and Home Lock on second postion.
Very useful and fast, don't have to click many times on the screen like today in the last release.
Please Mr DJI come back on your decision !

The P3S has always been this way since the beginning. It is a three step process now though.
2016-12-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules