Windows not reading P3S files?
525 9 2016-12-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Sparky Flyer
lvl.1

United States

Hello!
I finally figured out how to connect my P3S via USB to my computer. But when I go into Devices on my computer (Windows 10), you can click on and see the photos, but if you try to open the video, it just opens media player for a brief second, then closes it self retuning you to files. I am not a Tech expert on this stuff. Is their a DJI app I need to download?
2016-12-12
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

No, you don't need a special app. When the gimbal is connected to the computer, it should just read as an external hard drive. It does have some limitations though when you're reading directly from the gimbal. I would recommend transferring them onto the computer and then try to read them.
2016-12-12
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

First, copy off the files onto your computer, they will not play back at all via the USB connection. Then if the files does not play in Media Player, download a free copy of VLC Player and use that.
2016-12-12
Use props
Sparky Flyer
lvl.1

United States

Thanks again Geebax!
2016-12-13
Use props
Sparky Flyer
lvl.1

United States

Okay, that sorta worked.
When I download them windows automatically uses Movies and TV to open them, and that just does the same thing as before. If I use VLC Player or Windows Video player, the quality is 2.7k but it starts to lag after a few seconds. Should I wait awhile or is my computer just to slow to handle the 2.7 video? I do have another computer which is a very fast desktop computer (not Windows). Should I try downloading it on that?
2016-12-13
Use props
Kneepuck
Second Officer
Flight distance : 275105 ft
United States

Yes, odds are that your computer is too slow.  Windows media player should play them fine if your computer is powerful enough.
2016-12-13
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

I would concur with Kneepuck. A good test for your computer is try to playback footage that's 1080p or lower. If those videos play back fine, then it's the computer.
2016-12-13
Use props
Sparky Flyer
lvl.1

United States

Thanks for the help everyone!
2016-12-14
Use props
BillW50
lvl.3

United States

Do you really need 2.7k videos? I only record in 1080p and that usually plays well on almost anything.
2016-12-14
Use props
Sparky Flyer
lvl.1

United States

BillW50 Posted at 2016-12-14 05:18
Do you really need 2.7k videos? I only record in 1080p and that usually plays well on almost anything.

I would love to get every penny out of this drone; such a big investment ;)
2017-1-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules