DJI please help.. Is this night time vignetting effect normal?
952 5 2016-12-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Trekz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3245 ft
United States

Here is another one of my problems with the p4p. Dji please help. My night time shots seem to have some vignetting.  All these photos were shot on 3:2 format.

Please view this imgur  

IMGUR photos Vignette

DROPBOX: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/dm9s9 ... YSWyspCc_DFr4a?dl=0
2016-12-12
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

I am anticipating that you will be asked to put an un-edited, untouched copy of the original photo on Dropbox, no-one is going to give you an objective opinion based on those screen shots.
2016-12-12
Use props
Trekz
lvl.4
United States

Geebax Posted at 2016-12-12 19:09
I am anticipating that you will be asked to put an un-edited, untouched copy of the original photo on Dropbox, no-one is going to give you an objective opinion based on those screen shots.

Hey,

Geebax! Thank you for taking the time to reply to my threads. I know some of these questions may be basic, but I still appreciate any feedback,especially the corrections. I took your advice and posted it here on dropbox:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/dm9s9 ... YSWyspCc_DFr4a?dl=0
2016-12-12
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Trekz Posted at 2016-12-13 15:10
Hey,

Geebax! Thank you for taking the time to reply to my threads. I know some of these questions may be basic, but I still appreciate any feedback,especially the corrections. I took your advice and posted it here on dropbox:

I just downloaded DJI_002.dng, converted it using Adobe DNG Converter, and loaded it into Photoshop. There is no sign of any vignetting at all, not even the faintest amount. Based on that, I did not bother downloading the second file.

However I notice in your screen grab of the first shot, the blacks are heavily crushed, and this might give rise to the appearance of vignetting due to the light fall off on both top left and top right. But notice that the bottom does not have any dark areas, so there is no fall off there. Remember, in a wide angle shot taken at night of city lights, there is always going to be some light scatter in the atmosphere, and it will normallt take on shape like you see in that shot, where the scatter is greatest at the centre of the shot.

In conclusion, I don't think you have anything to concern yourself with, and if you continue to notice this effect you might look at other causes in your processing of the DNG image. In particular, check where the black level is set on your monitor.
2016-12-12
Use props
Trekz
lvl.4
United States

Geebax Posted at 2016-12-12 21:17
I just downloaded DJI_002.dng, converted it using Adobe DNG Converter, and loaded it into Photoshop. There is no sign of any vignetting at all, not even the faintest amount. Based on that, I did not bother downloading the second file.

However I notice in your screen grab of the first shot, the blacks are heavily crushed, and this might give rise to the appearance of vignetting due to the light fall off on both top left and top right. But notice that the bottom does not have any dark areas, so there is no fall off there.

Thank you once again^

They were just random shots.

It must be the photodirector then. They might need to update their lens correction for the p4p.
2016-12-12
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Trekz Posted at 2016-12-13 16:30
Thank you once again^

They were just random shots.

Personally, I don't use any lens correction, I don't think it is necessary at all, its not like you are dealing with a GoPro with significant distortion. One of the hallmarks of the DJI cameras is that they use a rectilinear lens that does not demand to be corrected. Try it without.
2016-12-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules