Newby here
515 8 2016-12-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fanseca0b611
New
Canada

I just recently purchased a phantom 3 standard 4k and i wish to modify the controller. The problem is , i am not sure what my controller is considered.  A standard controler has only one antenna but the p3 s 4k has 2 , so do i consider it a  pro ? Anyone who can shed some light on this , it would be appreciated,  thanks
2016-12-12
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Why change the controller, and to what and Inspire RC?? ;-)

RedHotPoker
2016-12-12
Use props
fanseca0b611
New
Canada

I want to mod the antenna. But everything I look for instructions for my controller it shows the standard single antenna but the 4k  has 2. That's all. I will look somewhere else to find my answer
2016-12-12
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

fanseca0b611 Posted at 2016-12-12 21:09
I want to mod the antenna. But everything I look for instructions for my controller it shows the standard single antenna but the 4k  has 2. That's all. I will look somewhere else to find my answer

Ok, I  feel bad, for the way you responded, I was only asking is all. No reason to leave.
I only wondered, since you bought a Phantom 3 4K but aren't happy with the RC.

If you do find a way, to update the RC, what is your goal?
Since the Phantom 3 Standard and 4K don't have Lightbridge ASFIK, you might have been much better off, beginning with Phantom 3 Advanced.

Hey listen, I'm very sorry if my question seemed harsh or agressive, so let's start over.
Friend, you seem to be approaching this in a side ways direction instead of straight on.
What were you wishing to accomplish with an RC update? Longer flight distance, better communication/reception,
If you wouldn't mind explaining... I want to listen. Trying to help, but feeling inadequate, here.

RedHotPoker

2016-12-12
Use props
fanseca0b611
New
Canada

No worries , you just seemed to come off as a joker who was just making a new guy who wants to learn feel like he was asking a stupid question and we're just giving me a hard time. I took it wrong , my apologies to you. You are correct in assuming my goals. I want to be able to fly without worrying about losing contact with my vehicle. You see , I will be flying in heavily wooded areas and will need something to keep my signal strong is all....thnxs don
2016-12-13
Use props
fanseca0b611
New
Canada

I am not looking for distance at great lengths just better signal but if it happened to give me a bit more than the norm i would not complain
2016-12-13
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Perhaps I Was kidding around with you, but not meaning it to be rude or course. But did want to know your intent.
By flying the drone higher up in the air, and keeping it above the trees, would be best.
You don't want to block your VLOS, or the signal, by allowing the trees create any interference.
There must be clear air space between them at all times for best connection reception.

Same goes for the models which do have the Lightbridge system installed, they will also require that clear space between RC and drone which is important.
Even if you fly several miles away, the line between RC and drone, should be clear. By flying higher up, that can line be maintained and achieved.

RedHotPoker
2016-12-13
Use props
fanseca0b611
New
Canada

So basically there is nothing I can add , I just have to be a smart pilot. Ty very much for your help , I appreciate it....
2016-12-13
Use props
Kneepuck
lvl.4
Flight distance : 275105 ft
United States

fanseca0b611 Posted at 2016-12-13 04:15
So basically there is nothing I can add , I just have to be a smart pilot. Ty very much for your help , I appreciate it....

You can use the antenna kits designed for the Standard as they both use 2.4 and 5.8 ghz for communications.  2.4 is fpv, 5.8 is control.
2016-12-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules