3147 14 2016-12-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Dear Creator,

DJI is looking for 100 Phantom 4 owners to test the next generation of beta firmware by providing feedback and offering their suggestions before it gets released.

Participants will receive DJI credits and get to experience all the cool new features embedded in the firmware first hand.

If you’re interested, please visit https://portal.dji-beta.com and log in using your DJI Account and apply for the Phantom 4 Beta Project.

The deadline for registration is December 16th, 2016.

We’re looking forward to working with you already!

Best regards,

The DJI Phantom Beta Team

2016-12-12
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

DJI Mindy, please send me a Phantom 4, so that I may test the Phantom 4 Beta firmware.. ;-)

I promise to put it through its paces... Ha

Promises promises!!

RedHotPoker
2016-12-12
Use props
DJI-Beta
lvl.2

China

We recommend that users use pc to visit our website. If you have any problem or suggestion during use, please comment or send email to beta@dji.com.
We will reply and provide the solution immediately.
2016-12-13
Use props
chico92
lvl.2
Flight distance : 584186 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Does this apply to Phantom 4 Pro owners as well?
2016-12-13
Use props
DJI-Beta
lvl.2

Hong Kong

chico92 Posted at 2016-12-13 19:45
Does this apply to Phantom 4 Pro owners as well?

Hi sir, sorry that this beta firmware is only open for Phantom 4.
2016-12-13
Use props
R&L Aerial
First Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

We are all beta tester for the first month after product releases.
2016-12-13
Use props
MD_Icarus
lvl.4
United States

I would have loved to do this if it was a bit warmer and if I would have gotten a loaner P4 for the beta test.
2016-12-13
Use props
Punchbuggy
First Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

MD_Icarus Posted at 2016-12-14 12:50
I would have loved to do this if it was a bit warmer and if I would have gotten a loaner P4 for the beta test.

Yeah, a loaner would be great, but it should be safe to assume that DJI won't have created a C1 option to 'spiral crazily, then fly into the ground at high speed and burst into flames'. Wouldn't want to test that option myself...
2016-12-13
Use props
jetforce
lvl.3
Denmark

Hi, when will there be a beta testing for the Phantom 4 pro
2016-12-14
Use props
MD_Icarus
lvl.4
United States

jetforce Posted at 2016-12-14 14:51
Hi, when will there be a beta testing for the Phantom 4 pro

Whoever buys a brand new product when it first comes out, IS a beta tester.
2016-12-14
Use props
XTREMEDRONE INC
lvl.3
Flight distance : 7987028 ft
United States

So I have the p4p and mavic but I still haven't received my participation compensation and the last one I did for p3a I commented on issues and tried to email directly about the issues but never got a response back. The issues were never addressed and have all come up in the phantom 3 forum.

Sorry to put it out on blast but you and beta members need to know that issues you get while beta testing don't get addressed and makes beta testing pointless and nothing but a risk for tester. Whoever is running the portal needs to focus on what the testers are saying and respond. Look at p3a last test and you will see people stop posting anything when we noticed no one cared then 2 weeks after the test was over we get a update it's restarting with new beta software that addressed no issues and the worst part is dji uploaded the wrong beta firmware.

Let me know if you have any questions.
2016-12-14
Use props
donogl
lvl.1
Flight distance : 111752 ft
Germany

I would love to try the new beta as your "Dear valued customer".
But i was already a Beta Tester of the P4 until it descended during RTH Info a tree without me commanding it to do this.
Beta-test failed......Drone wrecked......no support....... no further Beta-Testing possible........maybe the new firmware prevents the drone from descending during RTH......and finally 3/4 year after release  the Beta P4 will go into a functioning series status ..........
2016-12-15
Use props
MD_Icarus
lvl.4
United States

Ironically, when I was younger I used to be responsible for regression testing and automating the testing of very expensive $.$$$.$$$ hardware which went into mil planes. The testing had to be complete, consistent, documented  because there was no room for any field failures! Every time there was a software or hardware change, the regression testing had to ensure that all critical requirements were met and then we had to make sure that all performance characteristics remained the same or improved after each such update.  And of course the critical requirements had to be tested by cycling between -55 to + 65 degrees C.

I am not implying  that commercial spec'd hardware need to undergo such testing, but most successful co's follow such test philosophy.
2016-12-16
Use props
DJI-Beta
lvl.2

Hong Kong

XTREMEDRONE INC Posted at 2016-12-15 11:14
So I have the p4p and mavic but I still haven't received my participation compensation and the last one I did for p3a I commented on issues and tried to email directly about the issues but never got a response back. The issues were never addressed and have all come up in the phantom 3 forum.

Sorry to put it out on blast but you and beta members need to know that issues you get while beta testing don't get addressed and makes beta testing pointless and nothing but a risk for tester. Whoever is running the portal needs to focus on what the testers are saying and respond. Look at p3a last test and you will see people stop posting anything when we noticed no one cared then 2 weeks after the test was over we get a update it's restarting with new beta software that addressed no issues and the worst part is dji uploaded the wrong beta firmware.

Hi sir,
Please send a mail to beta@dji.com and let me see if I miss your email about the issue.
Sorry for the delay of the compensation and we will distribute them together in very soon. Recently we have launched many projects, we've carefully reviewed your feedbacks but among a few of them, it's our failure not to enhance our communication with all testers. I personally have noticed it and will try to gather more support to make it more oderly later.
Thanks for your support so long and wish we could discuss about your idea to make the portal and the project better.
2016-12-26
Use props
paul-h
lvl.2
Flight distance : 400817 ft
United Kingdom

I tried signing up, found three separate issues with the portal that prevented me completing all aspects of my profile, which I emailed to beta@dji.com. I have heard nothing since.
2016-12-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules