Video down-link Problem, KP Interference, and Update 1.8
2115 23 2016-12-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Normn8or
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1466611 ft
United States

Could KP Factor have any affects on RC Signals like it does with GPS Signal?? I'm starting to think Solar Activity Maybe playing a bigger roll then i had thought in my problem and some other different problems i have been reading about. Which might be part of my Video downlink from my lightbridge connection problems that i have been experiencing since 1.8 RC update? . I Hear about Large metal structures, and power lines, and radio/cell-phone antennas/towers, and WiFi, causing Problems which i'm not to much around when flying farm land. Could KP be a Major factor in all of this? And if so could Update 1.8 be over sensitive to such interference and not show up in the HD settings as interference on the channels?  
2016-12-13
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

It could have some affect, but I think it's more likely to be a problem with using V1.8 on your setup.

You could try rolling RC only back to V1.6 and see if that sorts things out.

Connect display device (with wifi connection) to RC and power both up (aircraft off).

Run DJI Go, on initial screen (where it displays aircraft type etc) at top right hand corner you will see a 'graduation hat' icon (or three lines if Android). Hold your finger on that for about 5 seconds and release. You should now see a black screen appear with an option to roll back RC firmware. Make sure RC is well charged, takes about 5 minutes or so. Power down when complete. Restart all and check all working, you may need to relink RC to aircraft.
2016-12-13
Use props
Normn8or
lvl.4
United States

Aardvark Posted at 2016-12-13 04:56
It could have some affect, but I think it's more likely to be a problem with using V1.8 on your setup.

You could try rolling RC only back to V1.6 and see if that sorts things out.

Yeah I've done all that Numerous of times It Just won't let me Roll Back to 1.6 Fails every single time My Device is the Recommended Galaxy s5 And my worn out Laptop that won't even Update windows anymore leaves out Assistant 2 usage (Don't feel good about hooking up the drone to this Laggy Buggy Laptop anyway, It's Old) so I am stuck with the s5 and and the DJI Go app until i'm able to buy a new laptop i guess. I have changed out my connection wire from phone to RC Several times all with different cables,  I've changed locations, I've tried Parabolic extenders which really seems to make it worse. I know that the extenders make a narrower signal beam but i'm pointing them directly at the bird. If only i could get back to V1.6 I'm almost possitive my problem would clear up. Another down fall of mine is i bought the drone Kit from Amazon and i'm past return policy for them, wish i thought about sending it in for exchange sooner but didn't think the problem was so entrenched. And from buying from Amazon I didn't know anything about DJI Care till i read about it here in the forum. So my biggest hope is that The Next Update a fix has been found If not I guess I'm looking at a some what costly repair. and Since it's such cold weather now seems to be the best avenue. I don't know been wrestling with this for a bit now. I was hoping my thoughts on KP Might shed some bearing on the problem but thats just me and wishful thinking. The only other thing i can think of is that the  DJI Go app has out grown the s5's Computing power and at the present time i have no other device to try Hell i need a laptop before i can think about buying a tablet . Is the DJI Go 4 app only for the P4P+ or is it for both the The standard and the Pro. Thats about the only thing i haven't tried yet is the new DJI Go 4 app, I Have uninstalled  The Go app Rebooted phone reinstalled go app several times with no luck also. Inside sitting on the desk seems to have fine connection , then started reading about KP Interference and started chasing that idea.
2016-12-13
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Normn8or Posted at 2016-12-13 11:45
Yeah I've done all that Numerous of times It Just won't let me Roll Back to 1.6 Fails every single time My Device is the Recommended Galaxy s5 And my worn out Laptop that won't even Update windows anymore leaves out Assistant 2 usage (Don't feel good about hooking up the drone to this Laggy Buggy Laptop, It's Old) so I am stuck with the s5 and and the DJI Go app until i'm able to buy a new laptop i guess. I have changed out my connection wire from phone to RC Several times all with different cables,  I've changed locations, I've tried Parabolic extenders which really seems to make it worse. I know that the extenders make a narrower signal beam but i'm pointing them directly at the bird. If only i could get back to V1.6 I'm almost possitive my problem would clear up. Another down fall of mine is i bought the drone Kit from Amazon and i'm past return policy for them, wish i thought about sending it in for exchange sooner but didn't think the problem was so entrenched. And from buying from Amazon I didn't know anything about DJI Care till i read about it here in the forum. So my biggest hope is that The Next Update a fix has been found If not I guess I'm looking at a some what costly repair. and Since it's such cold weather now seems to be the best avenue. I don't know been wrestling with this for a bit now. I was hoping my thoughts on KP Might shed some bearing on the problem but thats just me and wishful thinking. The only other thing i can think of is that the  DJI Go app has out grown the s5's Computing power and at the present time i have no other device to try Hell i need a laptop before i can think about buying a tablet . Is the DJI Go 4 app only for the P4P+ or is it for both the The standard and the Pro. Thats about the only thing i haven't tried yet is the new DJI Go 4 app, I Have uninstalled  The Go app Rebooted phone reinstalled go app several times with no luck also. Inside sitting on the desk seems to have fine connection , then started reading about KP Interference and started chasing that idea.

DJI Go 4 works on the P4 as well as the 4 Pro, you could always try it.

There is another way, you could try rolling back your RC using a USB memory stick.
2016-12-13
Use props
Normn8or
lvl.4
United States

Aardvark Posted at 2016-12-13 06:03

There is another way, you could try rolling back your RC using a USB memory stick.

If you'd like hit me with the procedure But at the moment I'm almost walking out the door for work so won't be able to spend much time online for a while now. Thank you for the replies.  ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
2016-12-13
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aardvark Posted at 2016-12-13 02:03

Aloha Aardvark,

There may be a problem with using DJI GO on a P4.  The P4 Pro has 5.8 as well as 2.4 GHz Lightbridge and those who have tried it report many glitches.  The P4 only has 2.4 GHz Lightbridge.  There are also other differences.  One of the moderators also mentioned specifically that it was not for the P4.

Norm might need that RC reset you point out.  One thing that might work for him is to put his DJI GO back to 2.9.1 and treat his system like a P3P remote.  He could get the FW ver. 1.6.0 from PhantomHelp.com and directly roll back his remote controller.

Also, if you get to him before I do, you might see if just changing his HD setting to Custom and reducing his bandwidth to 4 Mbps and pick-a-winner channel, it may help his situation.  His technology limitations are his biggest problem right now.

Mahalo for the help!

Aloha and Drone On!
2016-12-13
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Normn8or Posted at 2016-12-13 02:16
If you'd like hit me with the procedure But at the moment I'm almost walking out the door for work so won't be able to spend much time online for a while now. Thank you for the replies.  ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Aloha Norm,

Are you using the UAV Forcast web table for local weather to get the KP broadcast?

http://www.uavforecast.com/

Plug in your address and make adjustments as needed to the table headings and you are good to go.

Looks like Aardvark is giving you good advice.

Aloha and Drone On!
2016-12-13
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Cetacean Posted at 2016-12-13 13:03
Aloha Aardvark,

There may be a problem with using DJI GO on a P4.  The P4 Pro has 5.8 as well as 2.4 GHz Lightbridge and those who have tried it report many glitches.  The P4 only has 2.4 GHz Lightbridge.  There are also other differences.  One of the moderators also mentioned specifically that it was not for the P4.

Thanks for the heads up on P4 working with DJI Go 4....Looks like I'll have to test out tomorrow (Dark by 15:30 here at the moment). Not enough time in the day sometimes
2016-12-13
Use props
Normn8or
lvl.4
United States

Cetacean Posted at 2016-12-13 07:11
Aloha Norm,

Are you using the UAV Forcast web table for local weather to get the KP broadcast?

Yeah thats where i learned about The KP Factor and the Havoc it causes with the GPS Signal. Then I thought about maybe the 1.8 Update may have opened the way to being overtly sensitive to this interference. (That UAV Forecast is fantastic Though) I Never knew what the KP index was during flight yet but it's a global Value which lead me to think it would hit everyone with 1.8 equally but it hasn't it seems because it looks like there are those this problem hasn't  hit and others that it has knocked out. I Haven't tried DJI Go 4 yet haven't even installed it yet so now i'm not going to since it's really for P4P+. It's just strange that some with 1.8 is having problems while others are fine flying with it. All my updates have succeeded all showed green Updated successfully after update on AC and RC. Since it has gotten so cold not much meaningful testing can happen at the moment so The hope is a fix will be in next update if not looks like i'll be sending it in that way my Camera power strip can get addressed properly too. SD Card records Flawlessly but quite the chore to see what your filming at time of filming it. I Have had a couple of good flights but the rest has been pretty well shot since 1.8
2016-12-13
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Normn8or Posted at 2016-12-13 11:03
Yeah thats where i learned about The KP Factor and the Havoc it causes with the GPS Signal. Then I thought about maybe the 1.8 Update may have opened the way to being overtly sensitive to this interference. (That UAV Forecast is fantastic Though) I Never knew what the KP index was during flight yet but it's a global Value which lead me to think it would hit everyone with 1.8 equally but it hasn't it seems because it looks like there are those this problem hasn't  hit and others that it has knocked out. I Haven't tried DJI Go 4 yet haven't even installed it yet so now i'm not going to since it's really for P4P+. It's just strange that some with 1.8 is having problems while others are fine flying with it. All my updates have succeeded all showed green Updated successfully after update on AC and RC. Since it has gotten so cold not much meaningful testing can happen at the moment so The hope is a fix will be in next update if not looks like i'll be sending it in that way my Camera power strip can get addressed properly too. SD Card records Flawlessly but quite the chore to see what your filming at time of filming it. I Have had a couple of good flights but the rest has been pretty well shot since 1.8

Aloha Norm,

Aardvark is a master at roll backs.  While you were working I offered him suggestions since we were conversing on the other thread.  But, follow his advice.  He is usually right on the money.  It is also usually helpful to read all the posts that appear in your thread even if they are not directed to you.  Sometimes a post that sounds off the wall turns out to solve your problem.

Be sure you try the Custom settings in the HD option.  Sometimes that is all you need to hold you over and you learn a lot about your system when you go into the settings and use them like that.  Using that option can also tell you what is wrong with your system.  Sometimes the DJI Forum Moderators suggest you try it and you go "WHAT?  How can that help!"  But, after a while you begin to understand what is going on and realize all the information that you can get from doing that.

Lastly, the DJI product line is strongly driven by technology.  I have two tablets and one is more powerful than the other.  Aardvark turned me on to the realization that the new DJI GO apps are beginning to require more powerful devices to work properly.  Then I saw the difference between my two tablets.

BTW, look into the nVidia Shield K1 tablet ( 8").  It is amazing and also has the HDMI out option.  It is the most popular tablet on the Forum and only costs $200.  But, you are going to need a good PC (maybe a refurbished one) because the DJI Assistant 2 has many benefits that make life easy for your flying.  Sorry, it is not cheap but it does not have to be expensive.  There are ways.

Aloha and Drone On!
2016-12-13
Use props
Normn8or
lvl.4
United States

Cetacean Posted at 2016-12-13 17:49
Aloha Norm,

Aardvark is a master at roll backs.  While you were working I offered him suggestions since we were conversing on the other thread.  But, follow his advice.  He is usually right on the money.  It is also usually helpful to read all the posts that appear in your thread even if they are not directed to you.  Sometimes a post that sounds off the wall turns out to solve your problem.

Will do Cetacean. I am now Leaning to the fact that my s5 can no longer drive the DJI Go app and i have already settled on the nVidia K1 Shield from the reading of other threads, I just won't be able to do anything about that till after Christmas on top of needing a new Laptop to.. Maybe i'll  catch a good deal on one after anyways or something with at least 2 or 3 GBs of ram. Once i get everything ironed out maybe i could use a set of Fatsharks with the HDMI output of the K1 but thats a different monster for a different thread i would guess. Hope. I do have Hope. If the K1 clears my problem up i would feel safe in saying that the s5 could be removed from the recommended list. My phone was pretty warm after flights with V1.6 and now with the 1,8 It's pretty Hot. Thanks for the replies again Cetacean & Aardvark.
2016-12-13
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Normn8or Posted at 2016-12-14 00:20
Will do Cetacean. I am now Leaning to the fact that my s5 can no longer drive the DJI Go app and i have already settled on the nVidia K1 Shield from the reading of other threads, I just won't be able to do anything about that till after Christmas on top of needing a new Laptop to.. Maybe i'll  catch a good deal on one after anyways or something with at least 2 or 3 GBs of ram. Once i get everything ironed out maybe i could use a set of Fatsharks with the HDMI output of the K1 but thats a different monster for a different thread i would guess. Hope. I do have Hope. If the K1 clears my problem up i would feel safe in saying that the s5 could be removed from the recommended list. My phone was pretty warm after flights with V1.6 and now with the 1,8 It's pretty Hot. Thanks for the replies again Cetacean & Aardvark.

If it's working well enough at the moment then it might be best just to go with that and wait for the next updates to come out, hopefully that may help resolve problems that some are having.
2016-12-13
Use props
Normn8or
lvl.4
United States

Aardvark Posted at 2016-12-13 19:58
If it's working well enough at the moment then it might be best just to go with that and wait for the next updates to come out, hopefully that may help resolve problems that some are having.

I'm still hoping DJI would give my thoughts on the KP Factor and the possibility of V1.8 being sensitive to that kind of interference. When i did check the HD Channel settings for potential signal robbing interference it looked fine to me, nothing that i would think of as to much interference (But as i'm finding out "What do i Know"). Something Happened between V1.6 and V1.8  because those who were able to roll back are now Happy Droning Campers now but yet there are others where the problem persists. It's like chasing the ghost in the Machine. My Lack of a Better laptop and Phone/Tablet seems to be my biggest Problem/obstacle at the moment oh and weather too at the moment. I'm hoping i have everything ironed out, I have one simple project that i'd like to do is starting March 1st take 10 photos at the same spot and the same altitude every day till the end of May put it all together and watch the Landscape come to life. Looking forward for the best. This Item will be the last Electronic Item i ever buy off of Amazon Thats for sure or they should let the costumers know about the DJI Care Package because the Kit that i bought didn't mention it one bit. I Know better days are on the horizon just getting there is the struggle. Thanks Aardvark . [Edit] I see there is a Bete Version being tested for the P4s So I'm sure problems are being Adressed. ;-) May the Drone Be With You.....
2016-12-13
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Normn8or Posted at 2016-12-13 14:20

Aloha Norm,

Be wary of the FatShark goggles.  They do not offer true HD.  I have the Dominator HD V2 and it is only 800X600 and it shows.  The HeadPlay HD is true HD and even higher than 720p.  They also cost only $250.  But they are large.  Kind of make you look like ET.  I have both and really enjoy my HeadPlay HDs.  I really wish I had not spent the $500+ on the FatSharks.

BTW, the reason the racers like the FatSharks is they use analog, not digital transmissions to reduce the lag.  The HeadPlay HDs have almost no lag though.  But the racers do not require the high resolutions as much as they require the very fast responses.  Many racers consider the high resolution a distraction.  So think ahead and do not set yourself up for disappointment like I did.  Think of what I could have spent that $500 on!

Aloha and Drone On!
2016-12-14
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Normn8or Posted at 2016-12-13 17:12
I'm still hoping DJI would give my thoughts on the KP Factor and the possibility of V1.8 being sensitive to that kind of interference. When i did check the HD Channel settings for potential signal robbing interference it looked fine to me, nothing that i would think of as to much interference (But as i'm finding out "What do i Know"). Something Happened between V1.6 and V1.8  because those who were able to roll back are now Happy Droning Campers now but yet there are others where the problem persists. It's like chasing the ghost in the Machine. My Lack of a Better laptop and Phone/Tablet seems to be my biggest Problem/obstacle at the moment oh and weather too at the moment. I'm hoping i have everything ironed out, I have one simple project that i'd like to do is starting March 1st take 10 photos at the same spot and the same altitude every day till the end of May put it all together and watch the Landscape come to life. Looking forward for the best. This Item will be the last Electronic Item i ever buy off of Amazon Thats for sure or they should let the costumers know about the DJI Care Package because the Kit that i bought didn't mention it one bit. I Know better days are on the horizon just getting there is the struggle. Thanks Aardvark . [Edit] I see there is a Bete Version being tested for the P4s So I'm sure problems are being Adressed. ;-) May the Drone Be With You.....

Aloha Norm,

Sorry, i was not clear on the HD option.  The Auto setting will give you the green screens and pixelation.  Changing it to Custom and reducing the bandwidth and looking for a stable channel will stop or greatly reduce the green screens and pixelation.  It can be a solution, even if only temporary.

Aloha and Drone On!
2016-12-14
Use props
Normn8or
lvl.4
United States

Cetacean Posted at 2016-12-14 02:31
Aloha Norm,

Be wary of the FatShark goggles.  They do not offer true HD.  I have the Dominator HD V2 and it is only 800X600 and it shows.  The HeadPlay HD is true HD and even higher than 720p.  They also cost only $250.  But they are large.  Kind of make you look like ET.  I have both and really enjoy my HeadPlay HDs.  I really wish I had not spent the $500+ on the FatSharks.

Thanks and Hey I almost uninstalled my...... Well i Did uninstall my DJI GO to install the Go 4 app because of another thread And before i installed  the Go 4 app I read the rest of the comments on the thread that was made by a DJI Tech stating that go 4 app was made for the Phantom 4 standard the Pro and the Mavic brought that Threads Post of the DJI Tech's back to the other thread to show the others but when going back to the DJI Tech's thread and read the comments I reinstalled the regular DJI Go app instead of the DJI 4 APP they were having more problems then i have been . Here is the thread that i posted in http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... &fromuid=448502 In My own confusion and editing my post three times I really need to know What is for what Is the DJI Go 4 app also for the P Standard or strictly for the P4P and the Mavic or is it for all three. I think it's getting crazy in here. Hahahah. Here is the DJI Techs Post and thread that i thought would have good information.. http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... &fromuid=448502   All of this really needs to be Clarified. My Head is spinning.
2016-12-14
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Normn8or Posted at 2016-12-13 22:54
Thanks and Hey I almost uninstalled my...... Well i Did uninstall my DJI GO to install the Go 4 app because of another thread And before i installed  the Go 4 app I read the rest of the comments on the thread that was made by a DJI Tech stating that go 4 app was made for the Phantom 4 standard the Pro and the Mavic brought that Threads Post of the DJI Tech's back to the other thread to show the others but when going back to the DJI Tech's thread and read the comments I reinstalled the regular DJI Go app instead of the DJI 4 APP they were having more problems then i have been . Here is the thread that i posted in http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=redirect&goto=findpost&ptid=75918&pid=605879&fromuid=448502 In My own confusion and editing my post three times I really need to know What is for what Is the DJI Go 4 app also for the P Standard or strictly for the P4P and the Mavic or is it for all three. I think it's getting crazy in here. Hahahah. Here is the DJI Techs Post and thread that i thought would have good information.. http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=75904&fromuid=448502   All of this really needs to be Clarified. My Head is spinning.

Aloha Norm,

DJI commentors can write until their fingers fall off.  But corporate DJI will not support a position until it is properly listed.  If you look at the Downloads page for the Phantom 4, you will see that it is only supported by DJI GO 3.1.0 for Android and 3.1.1 for iOS.  When they post the DJI GO 4.0.0 version on the Downloads page for the Phantom 4, then they are able to support that compatibility.  Until then, you hunt and search for a DJI GO 4.0.0 that is listed for another product and not the Phantom 4.  Not a good thing.  You leave yourself open to problems you do not need.

In your particular case, I would strongly suggest that you do NOT try the DJI GO 4.0.0 app.  The DJI GO 4.0.0 app is the most demanding program for DJI products out yet.  Your system is having problems with processing current versions of the app.  Just from what you have reported on this Forum, I would predict that your problems will be multiplied very significantly by installing a very demanding app on a system that is having significant problems with much less demanding app versions.  

But, hey, it is your system and it is cold outside.  Messing around creating problems for yourself is a good way to learn about systems and pass the time.  I have been known to do it myself when it is raining - a lot!  But, you noted you needed a functioning system by early next year.  You best try to figure out what is stable for your system soon before you go playing around with system software versions that are very well predicted to cause you more problems.

I hope this clears up some of the issues you are finding in this decision.  My Phantom 4 is not telling me to upgrade my app and I have DJI GO 3.1.0 on my device.  Everything works fine on my system.  It is so much fun!  I even put Lume Cubes on it.

Aloha and Drone On!
2016-12-14
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Cetacean Posted at 2016-12-13 22:36
Aloha Norm,

Sorry, i was not clear on the HD option.  The Auto setting will give you the green screens and pixelation.  Changing it to Custom and reducing the bandwidth and looking for a stable channel will stop or greatly reduce the green screens and pixelation.  It can be a solution, even if only temporary.

Aloha Norm,

Have you tried to work the HD option as suggested - changing it to "Custom", etc.?  Very important part of the equation!

Aloha and Drone On!
2016-12-14
Use props
Normn8or
lvl.4
United States

Cetacean Posted at 2016-12-14 18:16
Aloha Norm,

DJI commentors can write until their fingers fall off.  But corporate DJI will not support a position until it is properly listed.  If you look at the Downloads page for the Phantom 4, you will see that it is only supported by DJI GO 3.1.0 for Android and 3.1.1 for iOS.  When they post the DJI GO 4.0.0 version on the Downloads page for the Phantom 4, then they are able to support that compatibility.  Until then, you hunt and search for a DJI GO 4.0.0 that is listed for another product and not the Phantom 4.  Not a good thing.  You leave yourself open to problems you do not need.

Thank you very much Sheds much light on my short computing power at present But the Main question i was after is, Is the Go 4 App also for the P4 Standard if you have the said computing power to run it. I reinsalled the Go 3 app back, i never installed the Go 4 app as i read the comments with people with the P4 Standard the problems they were having were/are far greater then what i am experiencing with my set up. You have been great with your info and patients with me and i thank you for that. Got a mix of snow and rain here for a day or two it looks like so won't be able to check the custom setting in HD till maybe Friday or so. And like you said Maybe the cold will keep My phone with V3 installed might keep phone cool enough for a couple of great flights... Hahahhaah With the KP thing I was just thinking outside the box on that one. You have been Great Bro. Thanks. Normie Git back in the Box.... Hahahhaha
2016-12-14
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Normn8or Posted at 2016-12-15 00:48
Thank you very much Sheds much light on my short computing power at present But the Main question i was after is, Is the Go 4 App also for the P4 Standard if you have the said computing power to run it. I reinsalled the Go 3 app back, i never installed the Go 4 app as i read the comments with people with the P4 Standard the problems they were having were/are far greater then what i am experiencing with my set up. You have been great with your info and patients with me and i thank you for that. Got a mix of snow and rain here for a day or two it looks like so won't be able to check the custom setting in HD till maybe Friday or so. And like you said Maybe the cold will keep My phone with V3 installed might keep phone cool enough for a couple of great flights... Hahahhaah With the KP thing I was just thinking outside the box on that one. You have been Great Bro. Thanks. Normie Git back in the Box.... Hahahhaha

Hi Normie, how's the box ?

DJI Go 4 is designed to work with the P4, in fact they rolled out V4.0.1 for IOS yesterday, so that might address any problems that some may be having.
2016-12-14
Use props
Normn8or
lvl.4
United States

Aardvark Posted at 2016-12-14 20:53

DJI Go 4 is designed to work with the P4, in fact they rolled out V4.0.1 for IOS yesterday, so that might address any problems that some may be having.

Ok Clarification On product, Check, Knowledge of low computing power, Check, Happier days on the horizon, Check,  Outstanding. Can't throw away my s5 Check, Have to get an Nvidia K1 Shield, Check, Git your Motors Runnin'', Check, Head out on the Skyways,  Damn'it, Soon my Friends Soon. Hahahah Thank you Aardvark
2016-12-14
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Normn8or Posted at 2016-12-14 19:07
Ok Clarification On product, Check, Knowledge of low computing power, Check, Happier days on the horizon, Check,  Outstanding. Can't throw away my s5 Check, Have to get an Nvidia K1 Shield, Check, Git your Motors Runnin'', Check, Head out on the Skyways,  Damn'it, Soon my Friends Soon. Hahahah Thank you Aardvark

Aloha Norm,

Aardvark is right.  The new DJI GO app 4.0.0 is out for Android and as Aardvark noted 4.0.1 is out for iOS.  I wonder what is new.  I will have to load it in my nVidia Shield K1 for my P4 tomorrow to see what it brings with it.  

Aloha and Drone On!
2016-12-15
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Aardvark Posted at 2016-12-14 16:53

Aloha Aardvark,

Mahalo for the update.  Have you discovered anything new in 4.0.0 or is it just clean-up?  Just this morning it was still 3.1.0.  

BTW, I mounted two Lume Cubes on my P4 a few days ago.  When I flew it in the evening, it really brightened things up.  I have one facing forward and one facing back to keep the illegal helicopters at bay.  It was kind of neat because I could clearly see it on top of the mountain peak doing a POI PAN.  On the way back it caught a really nice moon-rise.  I did not have my camera set for photos but the video capture photo was real nice.  On the first rotation of the PAN, the moon was clearly behind one of the few clouds in the sky.  On the second rotation, the moon was very prominent in a nice shot.  I may post it tomorrow.

Landing after dark with the Lume Cubes was real interesting.  It was hard to hit my small launch pad so I landed in the grass, but it was brighter than I expected.  I have been playing with the VPS and the small table pad.  It acts like it wants to avoid the table.  I wonder if DJI GO 4.0.0 has improved on that?

Aloha and Drone On!
2016-12-15
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Cetacean Posted at 2016-12-15 09:47
Aloha Aardvark,

Mahalo for the update.  Have you discovered anything new in 4.0.0 or is it just clean-up?  Just this morning it was still 3.1.0.  

Aloha Cetacean

I hadn't really noticed anything different using DJI Go 4.0.0 compared to 3.1.0. However both got an update the past couple of days. In IOS 4.0.1 (It may have been in previous but I was not aware) there is an option of one, or two finger swipe down screen, to take it to full screen mode. In Android the two finger swipe is a digital zoom (But not when using 4k). There may be hidden improvements of course (or wishful thinking).
I haven't had much chance to fly the past few weeks, busy on other things, short day, winter weather. But hopefully in the next few days.
2016-12-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules