Help needed: which event triggers warning "exited downward vision...
929 6 2016-12-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Angelo26
lvl.4
Flight distance : 799718 ft
Austria

Once in a while I get the warning message: "exited downward vision system" on my smartphone screen in DJI GO (4) app while flying, not depending on light conditions etc. It happens at every flight.

Questions:

1. which conditions trigger this event ?

2. what is the effect of this warning ? Is ground collission avoidance shut off ?

3. where can I find a list of all possible warning messages that might pop-up on the smartphone-screen in DJI Go (4) app, what are their consequences inflight and how can I avoid them ?

Thanks
2016-12-13
Use props
Angelo26
lvl.4
Austria

Hi DJI-Team !

This is a simple question. Please answer to clarify .......................
2016-12-14
Use props
Angelo26
lvl.4
Austria

Still no answer from DJI-support ? Is this simple question so difficult to answer ? I am happy with my Mavic, but now not so happy with the support ................
2016-12-15
Use props
BuzzCut
lvl.4

United States

Bump.  Also very interested in the answer to this question.
2016-12-15
Use props
DRONE-flies-YOU
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1450594 ft
United States

DJI spell it "exitd" and it's been that way for A LONG TIME lol (even on the new P4P+ with built-in screen/app).  

This happens when it is landing and it shuts off the downward vision system (so ground collision is off).

You'd have to make your own list of "warnings" as there isn't a concise list that I've found officially.  DJI does not seem to use the aviation standard, where yellow=warning and red=immediate action required consistently, so best of luck!

2016-12-15
Use props
BuzzCut
lvl.4

United States

Good explanation - thanks!
2016-12-15
Use props
Angelo26
lvl.4
Austria

Thank You so much, DRONE-flies-YOU ! Now I see clear and I am not worried anymore .....................  They really should add a list of warning messages in the GO-app as appendix to the manual ...............

Thanks again and Merry DroneMas  :-)
2016-12-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules