Gimbal Wheel Speed Setting Missing
5613 21 2016-12-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansd723a998
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1557398 ft
United States

I have updated to all the latest firmware and software after getting my P3P back from DJI. App version is 3.1.1. There used to be a Gimbal Wheel Speed setting in the Controller menu but it is not there any longer.

I have searched the app in every place and cannot find it. It is a useful item that allows for better cinematic effect by slowing down the speed.

Please help and if DJI has removed it please tell me why.

2016-12-13
Use props
SkyFlyONE
lvl.1
Flight distance : 916624 ft
United States

Same exact thing happened to me, and it cost me a gig.  Adam Najberg seems to be "gone" from the company and isn't responding to my inquiries.  How could they miss such a critical thing for professionals across the world?  It's an aerial camera platform, not a TOY.  I lost money for Christmas gifts for my family and even rent money because of this.
2016-12-13
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

SkyFlyONE Posted at 2016-12-14 13:05
Same exact thing happened to me, and it cost me a gig.  Adam Najberg seems to be "gone" from the company and isn't responding to my inquiries.  How could they miss such a critical thing for professionals across the world?  It's an aerial camera platform, not a TOY.  I lost money for Christmas gifts for my family and even rent money because of this.

Wow, your whole Christmas, shot to hell because one tiny feature does not work. I think you should sue DJI, at least that way your lawyer will be able to afford a great Christmas.

On the other hand, it seems the feature may have gone wandering off elsewhere: http://forum.dji.com/thread-76153-1-1.html

2016-12-13
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

We've transferred your feedback to our engineers, and will let you know for any news, thanks again for your support!
2016-12-14
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Geebax Posted at 2016-12-13 20:06
Wow, your whole Christmas, shot to hell because one tiny feature does not work. I think you should sue DJI, at least that way your lawyer will be able to afford a great Christmas.

On the other hand, it seems the feature may have gone wandering off elsewhere: http://forum.dji.com/thread-76153-1-1.html

Hadn't even noticed it had gone awol, until reading that mentioned in here. ;-)
I find it just as simple to use a gentle finger and control its travel that method.

RedHotPoker

2016-12-14
Use props
Rendall69
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1337543 ft
Cabo Verde

DJI Natalia Publicado em 2016/12/14 09:02
o Nós transferido Sua opinião parágrafo OS NOSSOS Engenheiros, e Ira Informá-lo de QUALQUÉR notícia, Mais uma Vez obrigado por Seu Apoio!

Amigos Olá,
Alguém PODE me Ajudar
DEPOIS de atualizar O Último firmware do meu zumbido P-3 pro Posso NEM MESMO OS Começar Motores, Dando como seguintes Mensagens (ver foto)

DJI AVARIA.jpg
2016-12-14
Use props
SkyFlyONE
lvl.1
United States

Geebax...

Why do you have to be cruel?  Do you own your own small business?

I don't think this is a "tiny feature".  To get the most cinematic shots, my pilots need to be able to use the settings they are used to.  The pilot I hired for this shoot (I am FAA Part 107 compliant as well, obviously) called me after she drove three hours to the location shoot.  After setting up and realizing she couldn't use the wheel on the remote correctly, we had to pull her from the gig.  That cost me not only a large paycheck, but I still had to pay my employee for travel expenses.

So yes, it had a serious blow to my holidays.  So all in all Geebax, in my opinion, if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all.  I thought fellow DJI pilots would understand.
2016-12-14
Use props
method007
Second Officer
Flight distance : 110449 ft
  • >>>
United States

SkyFlyONE Posted at 2016-12-14 10:05

That's definitely the danger of hiring pilots that don't have much experience.  I imagine you know it's quite easy to do a smooth gimbal roll without ever adjusting the expo settings.  
2016-12-14
Use props
XTREMEDRONE INC
lvl.3
Flight distance : 7987028 ft
United States

Trust me there are a few things I mentioned to them in beta testing of this firmware and app update and this is one of them but never got one response back. Sorry to hear it is effecting people and there jobs and this is why I was mad to beta test when you have issues or concerns and receive no response, what is the point to beta testing. I will not do it again that's for sure being that I got the mavic and p4p now it's there loss. They were to concerned about making a new beta site and releasing 3 new vehicles they were not listening to there testers complaints.
2016-12-14
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Rendall69 Posted at 2016-12-14 23:13
Amigos Olá,
Alguém PODE me Ajudar
DEPOIS de atualizar O Último firmware do meu zumbido P-3 pro Posso NEM MESMO OS Começar Motores, Dando como seguintes Mensagens (ver foto)

Please restart the aircraft or upgrade it again, if the error persists, then it needs to be sent in for further evaluation and repair.
We've also replied your another thread, please check the information, thanks.
2016-12-15
Use props
SkyFlyONE
lvl.1
United States

XTREMEDRONE INC Posted at 2016-12-15 05:24
Trust me there are a few things I mentioned to them in beta testing of this firmware and app update and this is one of them but never got one response back. Sorry to hear it is effecting people and there jobs and this is why I was mad to beta test when you have issues or concerns and receive no response, what is the point to beta testing. I will not do it again that's for sure being that I got the mavic and p4p now it's there loss. They were to concerned about making a new beta site and releasing 3 new vehicles they were not listening to there testers complaints.

I do beta testing for GoPro, and have encountered similar issues.  You are awesome for trying to work with a company that keeps messing up time after time, and can relate to your frustration.  I wish I could get a screenshot of how many times DJI has failed me and how many tickets I have had to open.
2016-12-15
Use props
SkyFlyONE
lvl.1
United States

https://www.facebook.com/groups/675337805903071/
If you look at the screenshot I attached, DJI is saying they are removing this feature.  WOW.
2016-12-15
Use props
fansd723a998
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1557398 ft
United States

method007 Posted at 2016-12-15 05:10
That's definitely the danger of hiring pilots that don't have much experience.  I imagine you know it's quite easy to do a smooth gimbal roll without ever adjusting the expo settings.

It is not essential. It is just a nice feature, especially if you are not a pro and don't fly regularly. The point is what is the explanation for removing it?
2016-12-15
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

fansd723a998 Posted at 2016-12-16 11:42
It is not essential. It is just a nice feature, especially if you are not a pro and don't fly regularly. The point is what is the explanation for removing it?

The point is that it has not been removed, it has been replaced by different controls that do a more comprehensive job: http://forum.dji.com/thread-76153-1-1.html

2016-12-15
Use props
SkyFlyONE
lvl.1
United States

Geebax Posted at 2016-12-16 08:49
The point is that it has not been removed, it has been replaced by different controls that do a more comprehensive job: http://forum.dji.com/thread-76153-1-1.html

I find that it has terrible latency.  K I S S methodology is always the best.  And by the way, I am not using the GO4 app.  I mostly fly a P4 (non-pro) at the moment.  Isn't the GO4 app only for Phantom 4 Pro and Phantom 2 Vision?
2016-12-15
Use props
SkyFlyONE
lvl.1
United States

Anyone found out a solution for the Phantom 4 Gimbal Wheel Speed?  I like to use it because it is ultimately smoother.  The gimbal is steadier than anyone's hand at panning at a particular speed and I find that useful.  I can use the wheel without the setting, but ultimately I would end up using it a lot because of how effective it is for smooth cinematic pans.  Perhaps we will get a new firmware update with the fix soon.  Hope everyone is having fun, exciting and safe flying this holiday week!
2016-12-20
Use props
Hawks100
lvl.4
Flight distance : 134580 ft
United Kingdom

Is your craft a P4?
If so you could post in the correct section to start with,
Posting in the P3 section when you want P4 answers isnt best practice if your asking about P4 issues.
2016-12-21
Use props
SkyFlyONE
lvl.1
United States

It applies to both P3 AND P4.  I wish there was a forum where trolls like you didn't even exist.  Thanks for your valuable input and Merry Christmas, champ!
2016-12-22
Use props
endotherm
First Officer
Flight distance : 503241 ft

Australia

SkyFlyONE Posted at 2016-12-23 14:30
It applies to both P3 AND P4.  I wish there was a forum where trolls like you didn't even exist.  Thanks for your valuable input and Merry Christmas, champ!

It appears to be a valid comment to me.  You are asking questions about the GO4 app, I doubt many people here have any experience with it at all.  The appropriate place would be the Phantom 4 section.

It might just be that you are misusing the term, but panning the camera is a side to side movement, and is performed by yawing the aircraft.  It is not a function of the gimbal and would require a delicate hand on the joystick to achieve a smooth motion.   If you are referring to up and down movement, that is called "tilt".
2016-12-23
Use props
SkyFlyONE
lvl.1
United States

endotherm Posted at 2016-12-23 18:09
It appears to be a valid comment to me.  You are asking questions about the GO4 app, I doubt many people here have any experience with it at all.  The appropriate place would be the Phantom 4 section.

It might just be that you are misusing the term, but panning the camera is a side to side movement, and is performed by yawing the aircraft.  It is not a function of the gimbal and would require a delicate hand on the joystick to achieve a smooth motion.   If you are referring to up and down movement, that is called "tilt".

Merry Christmas, everyone!

Yes, tilt, I apologize for that I was tired and didn't mean to confuse anyone.  I'm not then OP, however, it does seem to apply to the P3 series as well so it seems like the right place for this to be continued to be discussed.  For reference, I am not using the GO4 app.  I've already encountered problems with multiple clients at the hobby shop repair center I work at who updated their P4 and P4Ps.  It also seems that the "improved" transmission time is somehow actually causing many temporary los and fpv.

Let me know if this is ok, moderators.

I hope the gimbal tilt speed option can be restored for those that consider it useful like myself and my pilots.

Cheers!
2016-12-25
Use props
Kadal
New

New Zealand

So, it still exists but under a different  name. When you enter the gimbal settings (camera with a line above as icon), go to advanced settings and move the two sliders. One is for a smooth finish after the gimbal movement, the other for the speed. Don't have the drone with me now, so I don't know their labels. But there are only two sliders. I'm using DJI GO 4 v4.0.1.
2017-1-16
Use props
Rnfaust
lvl.4
Flight distance : 734938 ft
United States

Kadal Posted at 2017-1-16 06:24
So, it still exists but under a different  name. When you enter the gimbal settings (camera with a line above as icon), go to advanced settings and move the two sliders. One is for a smooth finish after the gimbal movement, the other for the speed. Don't have the drone with me now, so I don't know their labels. But there are only two sliders. I'm using DJI GO 4 v4.0.1.

I have Go for IOS and I also prefer a slower roll - so I have found these settings work best for me:
[Gimbal / Advanced settings]
Gimbal pitch exp: 20
Gimbal pitch smooth: 4
See what you think.
2017-1-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules