Erratic flight after firmware update 2 days ago
1047 5 2016-12-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
KbUStcYhCSVQ
New

Canada

MAVIC was flying perfectly until u performed firmware update sunday.

I now have yellow flashing LED and a system error msg that appears on remote once after turning on.  I tried to delicatelly take off but the mavic was too unstable.

Can you let me know how i can rectify the problem
2016-12-13
Use props
Jason Lane
lvl.4
Flight distance : 260144 ft
Singapore

Are you sure you're just not giving it enough time to get a GPS lock?
2016-12-13
Use props
KbUStcYhCSVQ
New

Canada

I have to fly it inside.  We already have 6 inches of snow.  Last time I flew it no gps either but was stable and all went well....
2016-12-13
Use props
FlashGJ
lvl.4
Flight distance : 293379 ft
United States

As the manual states, slow flashing yellow means No GPS and Forward and Downward Vision Systems. So flying will not be stable. Check to make sure both forward and downward vision systems are turned on in settings, if they are and indoor flights are not very stable, it may be because of poor lighting. Both systems will not function correctly in poor light.

BTW, don't let the snow on the ground stop you from flying outdoors. Lots of snow where I live and anytime it is not currently snowing, I put on my down jacket, touch sensitive gloves and go out flying. Having a blast!
2016-12-13
Use props
KbUStcYhCSVQ
New

Canada

Thx flash Gj.  It was indeed at night. No gps and lights were dimmed very low.  I hope this was the issue.  Quick question...  how cold does it need to get for u not to fly.  I had assumed that as long as it can land and take off on dry spot that it's OK but I was worried about the temperature
Thx again for feedback.   As u can tell I am a newbee
2016-12-14
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

KbUStcYhCSVQ Posted at 2016-12-15 03:33
Thx flash Gj.  It was indeed at night. No gps and lights were dimmed very low.  I hope this was the issue.  Quick question...  how cold does it need to get for u not to fly.  I had assumed that as long as it can land and take off on dry spot that it's OK but I was worried about the temperature
Thx again for feedback.   As u can tell I am a newbee

Hi, the Operating Temperature is 32° to 104° F (0° to 40° C).
Please remember to warm up your aircraft before your flight.
Here is the screenshot for your reference. Low Temperature Notice.png
2016-12-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules