1078 6 2016-12-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Alex Assenmache
lvl.4
Flight distance : 216430 ft
  • >>>
Spain

Hi guys, we thought that apart from doing a review, we could starting to do some interesting tests on the new inspire 2. Let me know what you think! thanks

2016-12-13
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3 ft
United States

Interesting.

How about doing some straight and levels for a distance over flat-lands or water - or until the battery is nearly dead - and seeing how the barometer performs and if the altitude is correct on landing?

I thought I read this had multiple redundancy so it should be more accurate than the P3, P4, and maybe P4 Pro?  I saw when you landed it was reporting a negative altitude from takeoff, and the P4 Pro seemed better.  My old P4 is so far off (18 meters) after a 2,000 meter run it's disconcerting to try and determine a safe clearance with ground objects at times.
2016-12-13
Use props
Donnie Stugots
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

How do you get these for review, I mean I would much rather have you than that Casey dude....just wondering.

donnie
2016-12-13
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

fansa84fe8a4 Posted at 2016-12-14 00:30
Interesting.

How about doing some straight and levels for a distance over flat-lands or water - or until the battery is nearly dead - and seeing how the barometer performs and if the altitude is correct on landing?

Since it was only off by .1, it could be that the ground was slightly uneven and that it landed on at slightly lower point, than where the home point was initially recorded.
2016-12-13
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Interesting tests but it would be nice to see normal flying conditions and battery life etc.  

Guess it would be nice if DJI sent me the Inspire 2 for testing and evaluation  

Rich
2016-12-16
Use props
R&L Aerial
Second Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

How did you get one of these????
2016-12-17
Use props
Farnk666
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1711394 ft
Australia

So it seems that the DJI Marketing department are in high gear for the Inspire 2.
Generating hype at all costs - no actual 'testing' of the Inspire 2 in real world application or use cases.
Also, why the hell would you test an Inspire 2 against a phantom? Completely and utterly pointless.  

Here's an idea - why don't they get some review units into the hands of some of the professional users here on the forum like JimHare?
If it is a platform for pro cine users, then lets see it being used as intended!

2016-12-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules