Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Praise where it's due.
1180 5 2016-12-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Upthedowns
lvl.3
Flight distance : 288353 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I thought I'd provide a good service story for the festive period.

I got a brand new I1 Pro in mid November.  Didn't have chance or the weather to do much more than update firmware and calibrate everything for a few days.  Then on the 24th I caught a break and popped into the garden for a lens calibration and test.  I wanted to get a shot of my chimney pots through the 45mm lens to get an idea of the increased standoff it would give me on survey and inspection work.  Less than 2 minutes later I wish I hadn't bothered as the bird seemed to drift toward my summerhouse.  I twitched the sticks but was at an odd angle and couldn't be sure if I had helped or just made the situation worse.  As the bird hit the building, shredding one prop and flipping the whole thing over I thought at least the gimbal may have survived.  WRONG! It was broken at the top pivot.  The bird seemed ok though after I brushed the dirt off and the motors started up ok.  

I contacted DJI immediately and started the process of booking a gimbal repair - assuming it was my error and I would have to pay the charges.  However, having reviewed the flight record it seemed that I had made the correct stick movements but the bird just hadn't reacted.  I put this to DJI and by the next day had returned both I1  and gimbal for warranty investigation.

To cut a long story short, DJI accepted the claim,  fixed the gimbal and replaced the flight controller.  It all arrived back today and has just gone through full update and cal process.  Given a lot of the stories on this forum I was concerned that I would be charged for the repair (though to be honest the charges weren't all that bad) and that I wouldn't see the drone back this side of Christmas.  I was kept informed throughout the whole process and though it could have been quicker (couldn't it always) it could also have taken longer and cost a whole lot more.

Thank you DJI Europe.
2016-12-13
Use props
Cornscot
lvl.2
Flight distance : 701207 ft
United Kingdom

Excellent; now to get them to be able to use a £2000 X5 on an I2 rather than forcing people to shell out for a new camera if they want the capability the aircraft offers. :-)
2016-12-14
Use props
Aeromirage
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1778045 ft
  • >>>
United States

I for one am glad to hear positive news!!
Glad you had good results.

Why some people feel a need to follow a positive with a negative comment is beyond me.....
2016-12-14
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Good to hear the positive news and DJI has made some steps forward to better customer service in your area too.
I had a great customer service repair from the LA shop with my Inspire 1 and it was less than 2 weeks!

Thank you for sharing
Rich
2016-12-14
Use props
Upthedowns
lvl.3
Flight distance : 288353 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

That's good news.  There's hope for them (and us) yet.  Flew it today and everything checked out a treat (got video of all the initial flights just in case).
2016-12-14
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Thank you for the feedback, it's very much appreciated.
2016-12-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules