Firmware downgrade not working - solved now, but still jelly effect
1771 12 2016-12-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
D_jan_i
lvl.3
Flight distance : 562802 ft
United States

Hello, after a chat with DJI hotline they propose to downgrade the firmware but this isn't working with my Assistant 2 (on Mac). I tried nearly everything.
Somebody knows the trick how to make it happen?

2016-12-13
Use props
JulianX4
lvl.2

Hong Kong

If you really expect help, you should explain a bit more of what you did and what kind of error you receive.
2016-12-13
Use props
D_jan_i
lvl.3
United States

I tried to downgrade with the Assistant 2 program on a Mac, it was always downloading the firmware and as soon as it started to upgrade it stucked at 0% and then just a window with upgrade failed popped up - I tried it several times and two different Macs and nada - just failed every time
2016-12-13
Use props
D_jan_i
lvl.3
United States

Now I tried to downgrade with the DJI GO App - I've seen a video that this could work - is now at 11% (so much better than before)  :-)
2016-12-13
Use props
D_jan_i
lvl.3
United States

Just an update for those having the same problem - it worked for me :-) with DJI GO App (not the DJI GO 4)
Now IMU calibration, gimbal calibration, reset photo settings and hopefully getting rid of the jelly effect - told me the DJI hotline

P.S. By the way, one guy from the hotline today told me I should check my SD-card  ;-) To be honest, this is really something I've never heard before
2016-12-13
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have the DJI Video below for how to upgrade and downgrade using the DJI Go App method.  If this does not work you may use the DJI assistant 2 method using your (PC) computer.. not a MAC, this has been reported by some others.  Note: if you are using DJI assistant 2 BE SURE to have the latest version from the website. remove the old version first and then install the new program before starting the FW upgrade or downgrade  

Be sure to reboot your device after the Go App was installed  I hope this helps you.
Rich

DJI GO App

DJI assistant 2

these procedures have worked on both the DJI Go App 3.11 and 4.0.

2016-12-13
Use props
D_jan_i
lvl.3
United States

I tried it with the Assistant 2 and this failed all the time but with the standard DJI GO App it worked finally...but now I have all the time a magnetic interference problem - WTF...
2016-12-14
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

D_jan_i Posted at 2016-12-14 20:25
I tried it with the Assistant 2 and this failed all the time but with the standard DJI GO App it worked finally...but now I have all the time a magnetic interference problem - WTF...

Glad to hear you got it sorted out finally.
May I know what the current firmware version is for your aircraft now?
2016-12-14
Use props
D_jan_i
lvl.3
United States

The highest version I could find - v01.03.0000
2016-12-14
Use props
thehippoz
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23 ft
United States

D_jan_i Posted at 2016-12-14 20:25

I downgraded using win 7 in a vm. The problem with the assistant 2 is it has adware in it according to total virus, but it works. I had an issue on downgrade where it stops around 94% on the drone and think was 76% on rc.

But after sorting that out. I upgraded again with the go 4 app. Then downgraded again and no problems on the rc end. The drone still at 94%. But if you reload the same firmware right after it completes. Then reset the defaults.

It's really buggy software imo. Reminds me of the One Plus X and One Plus 2 that I use. I had to put in custom roms to make them useable, but the hardware is good. Wish this stuff was open source, bet there would be a lot of devs. I'm keeping at v01.02.0900 for now
2016-12-14
Use props
damaltor
lvl.2

Canada

D_jan_i Posted at 2016-12-14 07:58
The highest version I could find - v01.03.0000

Didn't you say you downgraded??
2016-12-14
Use props
D_jan_i
lvl.3
United States

damaltor Posted at 2016-12-14 10:15
Didn't you say you downgraded??

Yes, first - I was in contact with the DJI Hotline. I had to downgrade, then upgrade again, then IMU calibration, then Gimbal calibration...
So now I hope it works again. I had the jelly video effect - really bad and not usable
2016-12-14
Use props
D_jan_i
lvl.3
United States

And still my stupid jelly effect - DJI hotline, you will get again my drone  :-(
2016-12-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules