Cellphone or tablet capabilities
986 9 2016-12-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansa374e14d
lvl.4
Flight distance : 561411 ft
United States

To try to finalize my decision, If I purchase a tablet which would most likely be an iPad of some sort, do I need Cellular as well as Wi-Fi? I am still having trouble getting this straight. I guess you expect this from a newbie so please bare with my ignorance in this matter. At a later time, I expect to use the P3S to make and produce some nice short films and will most likely upgrade at somepoint to a better equiped unit such as the P3Pro or something like that. With that said, I want to make sure that what ever monitor I choose, I won't have to upgrade my monitor real soon. I hope that I don't sound too off the mark with my questions but this is the best place to get answers from those willing folks that have much experience flying quad-copters. I forgot to mention the fact that I fully understand that I need to upgrade the mobile device holder to the Inspire #45 holder and in doing that, will that compromise the warranty because of having to drill a hole for the holder?
Thank you again for your consideration of this very important matter to me.

Many Regards

2016-12-13
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

The iPads are probably the most reliable large devices to use with the DJI aircraft, and the bit about cellular versus WiFi is not important, because you dont need cellular to operate the aircraft. However, Apple do not fit GPS receivers inside their WiFi only tablets, only the cellular ones. so it means without GPS you cannot use Follow Me on the P3 or P4 aircraft, nor can you set the Home Point to the RC unit location.
2016-12-13
Use props
fansa374e14d
lvl.4
United States

Thank you Geebax.
So being as I don't ever want to be without the follow me, or being to set the Home Point, I best have an iPad that has both Wi-Fi and Cellular. At this point, I don't want to be without GPS for any of my flights.
2016-12-13
Use props
fansa374e14d
lvl.4
United States

How about mounting the Inspire monitor device holder and the warranty being affected by drilling for the bigger monitor holder?
2016-12-13
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

fansa374e14d Posted at 2016-12-14 11:28
How about mounting the Inspire monitor device holder and the warranty being affected by drilling for the bigger monitor holder?

Yes it would void the warranty when you make physical modifications like that. I believe I've seen tablet holders for the P3S/P2 RCs that do not require drilling. Those would be best to use to keep the warranty in tact.
2016-12-13
Use props
fansa374e14d
lvl.4
United States

Is it possible for you to give me a link to a tablet holder that would hold a iPad Air tablet firmly for my P3S controller?
2016-12-14
Use props
stuka75
Second Officer
Flight distance : 85682 ft
United States

YOu could get t android tablet. They mostly all have gps an d are generally  less expensive. You want at least 1.5 gig of ram, and 2 is best.  I use one as well as my Galaxy S5, S7 edge phones. The inspire style holder does not have to be drilled in place, but rather use hot glue or velcro on the forward section. See : https://www.amazon.com/gp/produc ... 0?ie=UTF8&psc=1
This comes form china, so shipping is slow. JUst google dji tablet holders.
2016-12-14
Use props
Saskebaby
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1017989 ft
Philippines

Asus Zenpad S8
2016-12-15
Use props
The Dax
lvl.1

United States

What about Samsung Tablet A or Tablet E?  They both have WiFi and Cellular capabilities.
2017-1-2
Use props
fans06481fb9
New

United States

I just use my iPhone 6+. Finally it's giant screen comes in use lol
2017-1-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules