Keep losing video signal
1189 9 2016-12-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
GMG
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3632605 ft
France

From time to time I've lost video signal and this hasn't been a big issue, but as of today it's become routine.
I've just returned from flying the Mavic and after a minute or so, the picture would cut, even at close range. I found that if I unplugged, then replugged to cable into my phone, I'd get the image back, but after a minute or so, it'd disappear again.
The cable hasn't been used much (hey, the Mavics are brand new!) and there's no signs of stress on it.
I'm going to try using a standard Apple lightning cable from the USB port in the middle, bottom of the RC to the phone (I don't have a micro to lightning cable to try in the main port) and will report back, but was wondering if anyone else is having this issue and if there's any other likely explanation than a faulty cable (aside from being too far away, which isn't the issue here).
2016-12-14
Use props
GMG
lvl.4
France

Update on this one: I've had a close look at the DJI provided cable (micro-USB to Lightning) and found there's a kink in it. Of the clamps that pull out of the RC to hold the phone, the left one has crimped the cable, so this is a cautionary tale.  It's easily done and I've been online and the replacement cables cost >20€ not incl. postage!  I've gone ahead and bought standard 30 cm USB to Lightning cables and will plug in from the bottom of the RC moving forward.
2016-12-14
Use props
Heavysledz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 819491 ft
United States

so did a different cable resolve all of the video cut out issues?
2016-12-14
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi GMG, I'm wondering as well. Do you still have the video signal issue?
2016-12-14
Use props
Div14
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Hi there,I started a thread about the same issue I was having with my iPhone 7 plus,the only way I could get it to work properly was using the iPhone USB cable,
I purchased a cable from amazon, 15 cm USB to 90 degree lightning cable fits & works perfect.
2016-12-15
Use props
GMG
lvl.4
France

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-12-15 08:44
Hi GMG, I'm wondering as well. Do you still have the video signal issue?

It seems to have, although I can't really test this, as it seems that DJI's about the only manufacturer of Micro-USB to Lightning cables, so can only test with the standard USB connector into the middle of the RC.    Annoyed, as the DJI cable is clearly a better fit and had I realised that the grip arm would trash the cable, I'd have paid more attention, especially given how expensive it would be to get a new one  (21€ + shipping)!
I think the design here can be improved in 2 ways:
1) Revisit how the channel for the cable runs as its so easy to damage the cable (from the micro USB to the connection point for the phone)...I'll be interested to see how many others have this issue over the coming months, if not weeks.
2) While you're at it allow a cutaway in the left side grip arm to allow users to access the home button on the iPhone.  Obviously the device has a huge proportion of iOS users and the home button is common across the Apple range.   
Cheers!
2016-12-15
Use props
GMG
lvl.4
France

Div14 Posted at 2016-12-15 20:07
Hi there,I started a thread about the same issue I was having with my iPhone 7 plus,the only way I could get it to work properly was using the iPhone USB cable,
I purchased a cable from amazon, 15 cm USB to 90 degree lightning cable fits & works perfect.

Can you post a link for that cable?  I've bought 2x 30cm Anker Cables, but your option sounds better, in case I need to order more in the future!
2016-12-15
Use props
Div14
lvl.1
United Kingdom

GMG Posted at 2016-12-15 20:26
Can you post a link for that cable?  I've bought 2x 30cm Anker Cables, but your option sounds better, in case I need to order more in the future!

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/s ... e=UTF8&k=Toways
2016-12-16
Use props
Div14
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Someone on another thread has said that if you put your phone in airplane mode is fixes the problem with loss of picture while using
the supplied dji lightning cable.ive tried this at home & so far it seems to have solved the issue.
2016-12-21
Use props
MacIak
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3419 ft
Belgium

Im not sure if stated anywhere clearly but I personally always go into airplane mode when flying mavic (unless using WiFi for RC)
2016-12-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules