Well done DJI
942 4 2016-12-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JWC P4
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8176 ft
South Africa

I have flown my P4 a while and then wanted to add the Mavic.  The availability of the Mavic was a frustration.  When I saw the P4 P coming out I pre-ordered and only waited about 2 weeks before I got delivery.  Yesterday I did the latest firmware udate via Assistant 2 (for the P4 P).  This update also made some changes to the camera.  This morning early I flew the P4 P with the new firmware and I can tell that the video image I now get out of the camera is stunning!  I used H.265, D-Cinelike (-1,-1,-1) all manual (100 ISO, F 6,3  and SS 500 - we need ND filters!).  The video quality is on par with what I get out of my GH4 and Sony A7S.  Great innovation DJI!  The P4 P is a success story!

Only issue now is the strange totally scew, broken up image I get for the first second or so when I start the recording. This only appeared after the firmware update (I did about 20 videos with the pre-updated software and this was not seen).  This is not limited to my P4 P as I have seen the same issue on Youtube from some other P4 P owners after the update.  This is not a big issue as it happens immediately after starting the video...  Maybe the next firmware update will correct this.

All in all I'm impressed with the DJI product.  It is truely advanced and although expensive, it is leading the drone pack.  (Only missing bit is the top sensor still not added... left for the P5 in June 2017??  :-)

I am now waiting for the Inspire 2 with the X5S camera... but I seriously doubt if the video quality can be much bettered....  we'll have to see.

2016-12-14
Use props
Woodwanger
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Nice....can you take a drone on safari?
2016-12-14
Use props
JWC P4
lvl.4
South Africa

Woodwanger Posted at 2016-12-14 18:53
Nice....can you take a drone on safari?

Why not?  First thing I'll pack...
2016-12-14
Use props
Woodwanger
lvl.4
United Kingdom

JWC P4 Posted at 2016-12-14 18:01
Why not?  First thing I'll pack...

I bet you could get some amazing footage,, I was just making sure there is no rules about it in some parks as when I do get to Africa at some point I would love to take mine also
2016-12-14
Use props
JWC P4
lvl.4
South Africa

Woodwanger Posted at 2016-12-14 20:29
I bet you could get some amazing footage,, I was just making sure there is no rules about it in some parks as when I do get to Africa at some point I would love to take mine also

The Namib desert is a heaven for drones... most beautiful huge dunes.  Problem with the parks is that you may only get out of your vehicle at very specific places... the wild animals feed themselves.. :-)
2016-12-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules