Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
adrian8891
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2643110 ft
  • >>>
Poland

Hello.

Please join my threat here if You agree with me.

Dear DJI, I would like to suggest develop of simulator in DJI GO. It's not modern, and we cannot test all of possibilities. Eg. We cannot test AntiCollision systems in Phantom4 because there is no any walls or buildings in simulator. It would be nice to get some of better wind simulation like "random wind" etc.

What's more, field in simulator is identical, except road in the middle.

Next thing is that camera does not react on up/down movement. Info

2016-12-14
Use props
adrian8891
lvl.4
  • >>>
Poland

No one? Really?
2016-12-15
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Thank you so much for the feedback and suggestions, we'll transfer that to our related department.
2016-12-15
Use props
Matt-and-Riley
lvl.4
Flight distance : 324442 ft
United Kingdom

It's a flight simulator, not a test platform. I think it's meant to give you a general idea of what it feels like to fly a drone, how wind can affect it and maybe a few basic features such as RTH and landing.

How could you 'test' obstacle avoidance? Oh look a virtual tree, fly towards it and the simulator would stop you flying towards it? What did that prove, the simulator software works?

You also can't 'test' bird strikes, rain, loss of signal, aircraft failure, controller failure, glare on your screen flying in the sun, cold hands, narky people hassling you, prop loss, thermal updrafts, localised interference, compass failures, battery failure, alien abduction, being shot at, etc...
2016-12-15
Use props
adrian8891
lvl.4
  • >>>
Netherlands

Then why not? It's not an video game. It's a SIMULATOR. Simulator in overall manner has to SIMULATE real environment. I'm sure that most of ppl would like to test some features - even flying towards the tree to see exactly WHEN does drone starts to breaking at desired drone speed.

Users would like also to see how exactly drone will behave in some emergency situations like sudden GPS signal weak, or any problems with video transmission to take care of drone in only compass and flight trajectory.

So, if someone is designing a SIMULATOR,  let it be SIMULATOR,  not an "demo" or video game.
2016-12-15
Use props
Matt-and-Riley
lvl.4
Flight distance : 324442 ft
United Kingdom

Okey dokey, you say 'most people' and 'users' - but it appears you are on your own here.

What's the difference between a simulator and a video game? Both exist in the virtual realm? CoD developers spend a lot of time simulating guns, recoil, accuracy etc. I remember playing a game called Flight Simulator back in the day, then I got the chance to take the controls of a real plane and the pilot was very impressed, I told him I had played many hours on Flight Simulator and he agreed it was a good way to learn the basics.

To simulate GPS failure put it into ATTI mode in the simulator.
To simulate video feed loss cover the screen with your hand.
Most failures can't easily be simulated because they produce unpredictable results.

The model you are expecting DJI to create would be hugely complex and probably wouldn't even run on most tablets or phones.

You'd be better off finding someone with a bit of experience to hold you hand for the first few flights until you get the hang of the real world. Real world testing always trumps a simulation.

2016-12-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules