Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
P4 pro jerk frame
17187 310 2016-12-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
buxdronex
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2100013 ft
  • >>>
Italy

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-12-21 11:53
Please provide us the new link again, thanks.

I think the problem of upload is a large file.
Tomorrow I try a new upload, anyway the jerk problem is identical at the first video of my original post
2016-12-21
Use props
buxdronex
lvl.2
  • >>>
Italy

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-12-21 11:53
Please provide us the new link again, thanks.

Hello Natalia check the new upload
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BzwTcJ16odtaaXBLNnFfWFUxWmc
4 jerk at:

kind regards
2016-12-22
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

buxdronex Posted at 2016-12-22 16:12
Hello Natalia check the new upload
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BzwTcJ16odtaaXBLNnFfWFUxWmc
4 jerk at:

Thanks, I will get back to you soon once i get nay news from our engineers, thanks for your supporting again.
2016-12-22
Use props
buxdronex
lvl.2
  • >>>
Italy

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-12-23 07:16
Thanks, I will get back to you soon once i get nay news from our engineers, thanks for your supporting again.

Hello, do you have news?

Kind regards
2016-12-26
Use props
Rogen
New

Bangladesh

sandisk ultra 64 gb, sandisk ultra 32 gb, samsung pro 64gb
2016-12-27
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

buxdronex Posted at 2016-12-27 12:40
Hello, do you have news?

Kind regards

I've double checked the info, our engineers checked the video you uploaded but found the bytes has been changed for some unknown reason, it's not easy to locate the problem.
Would you please try https://wetransfer.com/ and upload it again without cutting the video?
Very sorry for the inconvenience caused.
2016-12-27
Use props
Cobra44Magnum
lvl.4
Flight distance : 935135 ft
United States

For what it's worth, I just returned my P4P for repair after a lengthy support chat and later a phone call. I received my P4P on December 2nd and was having this issue from the start - twitching or jerking movements during video. I used several different micro-SD cards including those with write speeds of 90+ MB/s. I didn't think it was an issue with the media but wanted to cover all bases. My bird also kept having the tilted horizon issue and it would change mid flight. I was constantly adjusting it. After multiple re-calibrations of IMU/gimbal/compass DJI support determined that there is something wrong with the gimbal. I hate to be without my bird but the video was unusable.
2016-12-27
Use props
DeanESmithMD
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3483727 ft
  • >>>
United States

My P4P+ is very jerky at 4k 60. Does not seem to jerk at 4k 30. That makes me think it is the SD Card. Let me know what the answer is. Should I send my done back to DJI?
2016-12-27
Use props
buxdronex
lvl.2
  • >>>
Italy

Rogen Posted at 2016-12-27 09:45
sandisk ultra 64 gb, sandisk ultra 32 gb, samsung pro 64gb

Hello  Natalia, I'm out of town for a few days, i try to send the full video at my return
2016-12-27
Use props
fans433b04f1
New
Flight distance : 12628 ft
United States

I have the same issue and it can happen in a dead hove in totally calm weather, so i doubt it is in the gimbal.

I am pretty sure it is a processing issue with the sensor or internal electronics of the PH4 Pro

Here is a short unedited clip of my jerky video.

2016-12-28
Use props
fans433b04f1
New
Flight distance : 12628 ft
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-12-21 04:01
The videos have been evaluated, the gimbal reaches to it's limitation when you push the sticks very quickly, as a result, the parameters are back to default, then you will see the issue in the videos.

Not a gimbal issue it's a processor issue.
2016-12-28
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

fans433b04f1 Posted at 2016-12-28 22:35
Not a gimbal issue it's a processor issue.

Would you please upload the original video directly from SD card to dropbox and provide us the link?
Please do not edit it, we'll transfer the video to our engineers for further evaluation.
2016-12-29
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Cobra44Magnum Posted at 2016-12-27 19:09
For what it's worth, I just returned my P4P for repair after a lengthy support chat and later a phone call. I received my P4P on December 2nd and was having this issue from the start - twitching or jerking movements during video. I used several different micro-SD cards including those with write speeds of 90+ MB/s. I didn't think it was an issue with the media but wanted to cover all bases. My bird also kept having the tilted horizon issue and it would change mid flight. I was constantly adjusting it. After multiple re-calibrations of IMU/gimbal/compass DJI support determined that there is something wrong with the gimbal. I hate to be without my bird but the video was unusable.

Very sorry to hear that you're experiencing the difficulties, you have sent it in already, right?
2016-12-29
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

DeanESmithMD Posted at 2016-12-27 20:56
My P4P+ is very jerky at 4k 60. Does not seem to jerk at 4k 30. That makes me think it is the SD Card. Let me know what the answer is. Should I send my done back to DJI?

It's high appreciated if you can upload an original video for us, thanks.
2016-12-29
Use props
DeanESmithMD
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-12-29 18:30

I can upload a video if you want. I think the problem is the SD card. I have tried several cards. I think the SD card that comes with the P4P+ and the P4P will not handle the 4K 60. They do well with the 4K 30 but won't handle the 4K 60. I assumed that DJI would include a SD card that would handle all shooting modes especial because the Phantom only uses SD cards. I have an Inspire One Raw and a Inspire 2. Both of those as you know can use SD cards and Secondary Faster Cards. If I set the Inspire 2 to  4K 60 and shoot on an SD card and not the CineSSD card the video is Choppy. It looks the same as the P4P+ with a SD Card at 4K 60. I think DJI should include a SD card that will shoot in all modes and the done should be better at spotting a SD card that is too slow. All DJI would have to do is if a SD card is too slow for the shooting mode the camera the card should be x-ed out on the screen. Either way I sent my drone back to DJI to have them check it and make sure I was not over looking something. I may be wrong. There may be people out there shooting 4K 60 on the SD card supplied by DJI. Thanks.
2016-12-31
Use props
Cobra44Magnum
lvl.4
Flight distance : 935135 ft
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-12-29 02:26
Very sorry to hear that you're experiencing the difficulties, you have sent it in already, right?

Yes, and I just got it back today. I didn't have much time before it got dark so I did not do any calibrations before doing a quick test run. From what I can tell, the twitching is gone, mostly. I say that because I did see a minor twitch when flying sideways. There was hardly any wind this afternoon, BTW. The horizon issue is still not fixed but it appears that I can work around that for now. Hopefully a future firmware update can address that.
2017-1-10
Use props
P4P+
lvl.3
United States

It looks like there are three different issues being mentioned in this thread. Two of the 'issues' are non-issues, them being the gimbal moving because we can see the video move, and the pc not playing the video smoothly. The problematic issue is the one that buxdronex has. The video has a glitch such that the video subject shifts momentarily which is obviously not the gimbal moving. I think that buxdronex has a faulty P4P.
2017-1-10
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

DeanESmithMD Posted at 2016-12-31 16:22
I can upload a video if you want. I think the problem is the SD card. I have tried several cards. I think the SD card that comes with the P4P+ and the P4P will not handle the 4K 60. They do well with the 4K 30 but won't handle the 4K 60. I assumed that DJI would include a SD card that would handle all shooting modes especial because the Phantom only uses SD cards. I have an Inspire One Raw and a Inspire 2. Both of those as you know can use SD cards and Secondary Faster Cards. If I set the Inspire 2 to  4K 60 and shoot on an SD card and not the CineSSD card the video is Choppy. It looks the same as the P4P+ with a SD Card at 4K 60. I think DJI should include a SD card that will shoot in all modes and the done should be better at spotting a SD card that is too slow. All DJI would have to do is if a SD card is too slow for the shooting mode the camera the card should be x-ed out on the screen. Either way I sent my drone back to DJI to have them check it and make sure I was not over looking something. I may be wrong. There may be people out there shooting 4K 60 on the SD card supplied by DJI. Thanks.

The SD card will not be the cause of your problem. It cannot record choppy or jerky footage, if it is not fast enough for the job it simply stops recording.  It is not possible to skip frames..

The most likely cause is that your computer is not fast enough to handle 4K at 60 fps. The truth is, not many computers can.
2017-1-11
Use props
bluemarley67
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1242638 ft
United States

I have the same issue you have Chest.
2017-1-11
Use props
Crazy CGI
lvl.1
Flight distance : 94058 ft
Singapore

I have this problem too. It can happen in one recording and not happen in the next. Both recordings in the same flight. This is very bad. Wait for the big jerk at the end.

2017-1-11
Use props
Jetpilot
lvl.2
Flight distance : 70748 ft
United States

My p4p does the same jerk. I first noticed at 4k 48fps, then 4k 60fps. At first I thought it was new SD card, but switched to and another SD card and still got issue. The jerk will even show up with the p4p on the ground without motors running. I just attributed it to computer hardware on playback, but that shouldn't be the case. After seeing other videos it appears that I have same issue.
2017-1-11
Use props
Jetpilot
lvl.2
Flight distance : 70748 ft
United States

BTW mine does not have issue at 30fps that I have noticed.
2017-1-11
Use props
Footlink
lvl.1

United States

I have found this same jerking issue on two occasion shooting 4K at 60 FPS.  Both time when the aircraft is rotating.  Once to the left and once to the right.  Using a Sandisk Extreme sd card didn't solve the issue.  Changing the gimbal setting didn't solve the problem either.  I'm using a brand new 2016 15" MacBook Pro with I7, 16 gb of ram and a blazing fast 1TB internal SSD so processing power or slow disk shouldn't be the issue.  I then looked at every single frame and found that one frame actually went backward causing the jerk.  Cut out the frame and the video looks normal.  By the way I have the Plus with the built in screen and on the video stored in the controller it also had the jerk.  Can't say if it's the gimbal or the compression algorithm but haven't seen this jerk flying in a straight line.  Hope DJI and give us an answer soon.
2017-1-19
Use props
juicedrummer
lvl.2
Flight distance : 27871 ft
United States

I have had a similar problem. Not quite the same as in your clip but if I'm panned or tilted and start a new movement it's like the gimbal "fell asleep" for a second and is trying catch up so there is a noticeable twitch in the otherwise very smooth footage
2017-1-19
Use props
DeanESmithMD
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-12-29 18:30

0.MOV files are choppy or jerky and 0.mov files work perfectly. My P4P files downloaded from the SD card to my computer desktop look like this DJI_00003.MOV. If I try to play this on my computer it's very jerky. If I process it with FCPX on my MAC the file is then placed on my desktop like this DJI_00003.mov. The bottom line is 0.MOV files are choppy or jerky and 0.mov files work perfectly. I sent my P4P back to DJI because the videos were choppy. They quickly sent me a new drone. It works perfectly. I don't think the problem was actually the drone. I think it was probably the pilot. I think that might be good advice to give people in the future. If the video is playing chop or tends to be jumpy they should process the video on their computer and then attempt to play it. Basically it's true with MP4 files as well. Anyway thanks for your help. I'm amazed at how responsive DJ I was. Actually they have excellent customer service and online help as well.
2017-1-19
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

DeanESmithMD Posted at 2017-1-19 16:33
0.MOV files are choppy or jerky and 0.mov files work perfectly. My P4P files downloaded from the SD card to my computer desktop look like this DJI_00003.MOV. If I try to play this on my computer it's very jerky. If I process it with FCPX on my MAC the file is then placed on my desktop like this DJI_00003.mov. The bottom line is 0.MOV files are choppy or jerky and 0.mov files work perfectly. I sent my P4P back to DJI because the videos were choppy. They quickly sent me a new drone. It works perfectly. I don't think the problem was actually the drone. I think it was probably the pilot. I think that might be good advice to give people in the future. If the video is playing chop or tends to be jumpy they should process the video on their computer and then attempt to play it. Basically it's true with MP4 files as well. Anyway thanks for your help. I'm amazed at how responsive DJ I was. Actually they have excellent customer service and online help as well.

Thank you so much for your update, glad to hear everything goes well, enjoy it and let us know if you have any other questions, thanks for your supporting again!
2017-1-20
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

juicedrummer Posted at 2017-1-19 09:41
I have had a similar problem. Not quite the same as in your clip but if I'm panned or tilted and start a new movement it's like the gimbal "fell asleep" for a second and is trying catch up so there is a noticeable twitch in the otherwise very smooth footage

You have the latest firmware version?
May I have the original video? please do not edit it and upload it to dropbox then post the link here, thanks.
2017-1-20
Use props
epicjib
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3016060 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Footlink Posted at 2017-1-19 07:50
I have found this same jerking issue on two occasion shooting 4K at 60 FPS.  Both time when the aircraft is rotating.  Once to the left and once to the right.  Using a Sandisk Extreme sd card didn't solve the issue.  Changing the gimbal setting didn't solve the problem either.  I'm using a brand new 2016 15" MacBook Pro with I7, 16 gb of ram and a blazing fast 1TB internal SSD so processing power or slow disk shouldn't be the issue.  I then looked at every single frame and found that one frame actually went backward causing the jerk.  Cut out the frame and the video looks normal.  By the way I have the Plus with the built in screen and on the video stored in the controller it also had the jerk.  Can't say if it's the gimbal or the compression algorithm but haven't seen this jerk flying in a straight line.  Hope DJI and give us an answer soon.

I have the same issues. Multiple frame rates and resolutions. Sometimes it is dropping a frame and it glitches when it tries to recover. I tested multiple cards, same intermittent issues. Sent mine in for warranty after 6 flights. NOT confident that DJI has a fix and will play the shipping game back and fourth until they come up with a firmware fix.....
2017-1-20
Use props
DGBarar
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

epicjib Posted at 2017-1-20 17:11
I have the same issues. Multiple frame rates and resolutions. Sometimes it is dropping a frame and it glitches when it tries to recover. I tested multiple cards, same intermittent issues. Sent mine in for warranty after 6 flights. NOT confident that DJI has a fix and will play the shipping game back and fourth until they come up with a firmware fix..... https://vimeo.com/197648449/3f480dc4ef

I have a similar "jerk" in video playback in the raw footage.  I attempted various recording modes but most would contain the "jerk".  I could also see the "jerk" in the gimbal when the aircraft was stationary on a table.  The "jerk" was always accompanied by a "howl" from the gimbal.

I have performed all DJI suggestions: update firmware, restore factory defaults, and a complete set of calibrations (IMU, Compass, Controller, Gimbal, and re-bind controller to aircraft).  While these suggestions modestly improved the howling and "jerk" from the gimbal they did not eliminate them completely.

Today I got bold enough to hover the aircraft indoors with the camera pointed towards me.  About 2 minutes into the hover I heard a howl and saw a sudden horizontal jerk in the gimbal.

I have returned my aircraft to Best Buy to try again.  So far, with the new aircraft I have not heard a howl or seen a "jerk" in the gimbal.

I will perform a complete set of calibrations in the AM and see if this aircraft can manage a video without a sudden "jerk" in the video.

Will report back on my findings.

Donald Barar
2017-1-21
Use props
DGBarar
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

epicjib Posted at 2017-1-20 17:11
I have the same issues. Multiple frame rates and resolutions. Sometimes it is dropping a frame and it glitches when it tries to recover. I tested multiple cards, same intermittent issues. Sent mine in for warranty after 6 flights. NOT confident that DJI has a fix and will play the shipping game back and fourth until they come up with a firmware fix..... https://vimeo.com/197648449/3f480dc4ef

I have a similar "jerk" in video playback in the raw footage.  I attempted various recording modes but most would contain the "jerk".  I could also see the "jerk" in the gimbal when the aircraft was stationary on a table.  The "jerk" was always accompanied by a "howl" from the gimbal.

I have performed all DJI suggestions: update firmware, restore factory defaults, and a complete set of calibrations (IMU, Compass, Controller, Gimbal, and re-bind controller to aircraft).  While these suggestions modestly improved the howling and "jerk" from the gimbal they did not eliminate them completely.

Today I got bold enough to hover the aircraft indoors with the camera pointed towards me.  About 2 minutes into the hover I heard a howl and saw a sudden horizontal jerk in the gimbal.

I have returned my aircraft to Best Buy to try again.  So far, with the new aircraft I have not heard a howl or seen a "jerk" in the gimbal.

I will perform a complete set of calibrations in the AM and see if this aircraft can manage a video without a sudden "jerk" in the video.

Will report back on my findings.

Donald Barar
2017-1-21
Use props
HellStream
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1370771 ft
  • >>>
Finland

I do have the same thing. Noticed today. Clip was filmed in 4k @60fps. Firmware is up to date.

Rest of the clips were shot in 4k 25fps with no problems.

I also noticed when i played back the clips that are storaged into my tablet (those low res version) there wasn't error.
2017-1-22
Use props
GreyWhite
lvl.3
Flight distance : 18605000 ft
Hong Kong

I have the same issue in 4K/60 and no problem in 4K/30, 2.7K/60 and 2.7K/30. Firmware is up to date.

2017-1-22
Use props
HellStream
lvl.2
  • >>>
Finland

Here is my clip.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/a1r9w ... VYuElJCIiMX2ka?dl=0
2017-1-22
Use props
DGBarar
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DGBarar Posted at 2017-1-21 19:25

My 2nd Phantom 4 Pro also has this "jerk" in the video.  While there are already plenty of examples I will post my results in the AM.  

Gee.  Do all of the Phantom 4 Pros have this problem?  I think at this point DJI owes us an explanation as to how this is to be resolved.  I am strongly considering returning mine to BestBuy until DJI sorts this out.

Donald Barar
2017-1-22
Use props
HellStream
lvl.2
  • >>>
Finland

Any words from DJI? Is this something that can be fixed in upcoming firmware updates?
2017-1-25
Use props
HellStream
lvl.2
  • >>>
Finland

I posted 6days ago a link with my video clip and no answer so please DJI, can you kindly answer. Do I need to send my unit back or not?

I'm using latest firmware. Tried two different memory cards and the problem is the same.

This is my clip:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/a1r9wxad1y6mkfx/AADDGJcD1xMVYuElJCIiMX2ka?dl=0
2017-1-27
Use props
fansce3b84f6
lvl.1
United States

I had this issue with my old P4. It was definitely the gimbal moving. Going frame by frame I could see new information coming into and out of view and motion blur from the fast movement.

This happened at 4K 24fps using Sandisk Extreme cards. Ruined some great shots. Also had relentless horizon issues.

So far my P4P has seemed ok, though I have not flown it much. Fingers crossed and good luck.
2017-1-29
Use props
Beux
lvl.2
United States

I had/have this same very issue. I took one of the videos I had made and ran it through HandBrake to convert it to an mp4 so my TV would recognize it. What I noticed was the glitches went away. This didn't help me understand the problem but maybe one of you can make heads or tails of it. There are glitches in the original that are not in the copy. I should add that the videos was reduced down from 4k to 1080p on a fast pass and converted from a .mov to a .mp4. I'm going to try this on a couple of more videos that have glitches and see what happens.   Thanks in advance for any help.
2017-2-4
Use props
fans_drone
lvl.2
Italy

Geebax Posted at 2017-1-11 00:22
The SD card will not be the cause of your problem. It cannot record choppy or jerky footage, if it is not fast enough for the job it simply stops recording.  It is not possible to skip frames..

The most likely cause is that your computer is not fast enough to handle 4K at 60 fps. The truth is, not many computers can.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/pl4a1lca658luvb/details.jpg?dl=0
2017-2-4
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

fans_drone Posted at 2017-2-4 13:14
https://www.dropbox.com/s/pl4a1lca658luvb/details.jpg?dl=0

Is there something you wish to say???
2017-2-4
Use props
Advanced