I think that this mac don't has problems to edit and read 4k 60fps

I don't use Macs, so I can't say.
2017-2-5
Use props
fans_drone
lvl.2
Italy

HellStream Posted at 2017-1-27 16:46
I posted 6days ago a link with my video clip and no answer so please DJI, can you kindly answer. Do I need to send my unit back or not?

I'm using latest firmware. Tried two different memory cards and the problem is the same.

Do you have news of this problem?
2017-2-7
Use props
TheSquidd
lvl.1
Flight distance : 184642 ft
United States

Reporting in, my P4P is doing the same. In my clips it is a single frame from earlier in the video (roughly 7 frames earlier). Definitely has nothing to do with the gimbal. Ruins the clip essentially as you lose the frame that it replaces. Would love to hear an answer on this or if DJI will repair my drone when/if they figure out the problem, seems to be an issue affecting a large number of P4P's.
2017-2-7
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

TheSquidd Posted at 2017-2-7 16:21
Reporting in, my P4P is doing the same. In my clips it is a single frame from earlier in the video (roughly 7 frames earlier). Definitely has nothing to do with the gimbal. Ruins the clip essentially as you lose the frame that it replaces. Would love to hear an answer on this or if DJI will repair my drone when/if they figure out the problem, seems to be an issue affecting a large number of P4P's.

If you want an answer to something, then ytou need to reply to a post by one of the DJI representatives, otherwise it does not come to their attention.
2017-2-7
Use props
fans40289743
lvl.2
Flight distance : 728478 ft
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-12-17 23:19
I downloaded the file you uploaded, unfortunately, I could not open it.
Would you please try again to upload to a dropbox without edition? thanks.

I had no problem viewing the video.
2017-2-7
Use props
HellStream
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1370771 ft
  • >>>
Finland

fans_drone Posted at 2017-2-7 14:10
Do you have news of this problem?

I returned my drone to the dealer, since i didn´t get any answer from DJI. I immediately received a third P4Pro.

This is an UPDATE for my third one:

My first short test flight with my 3rd one was inside my studio. I tested 4K 60FPS and very first clip was ruined, because the gimbal made a sudden very fast movement. This happened when i was panning from left to right.

After that when the weather was a little bit better, i went outside a did 3 test flight. All the clips were good from the first flight.
I had to do the IMU calibration after this flight. It told me to do.
Then i made the two other test flights with no problems.
I will keep testing.
However, the biggest problem is now that the drone doesn´t fly straight at all.
2017-2-8
Use props
JAEHYUK CHOI
New

South Korea

Dudes, I also have popping frame with P4Pro since my 1st recording (last Sunday) and here are a lot more P4Pro with same problem in Korea.

DJI said it will be fixed at Jan. firmware but it didn't work at all.

So currently I and my same-problem-owners are waiting next firmware and if it fails we may refund.

2017-2-8
Use props
Farmer_mapo
lvl.3
Flight distance : 878373 ft
South Korea

i got a same problem

first gimbal had a same problem
and second gimbal same again.
firmware version is latest

flying more , the jerk frame more more pop up.

here is video link

and i sending  orignal clip, to dji support mail
2017-2-8
Use props
Farmer_mapo
lvl.3
Flight distance : 878373 ft
South Korea

Farmer_mapo Posted at 2017-2-8 15:45
i got a same problem

first gimbal had a same problem

and aslo gimbal TWITCH still happen
2017-2-8
Use props
PinkGold
New

South Korea

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-1-20 00:08
Thank you so much for your update, glad to hear everything goes well, enjoy it and let us know if you have any other questions, thanks for your supporting again!

Natalia, any update for fixing this problem?

I and some of my club members are having same problem and worries are getting bigger.
2017-2-8
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

epicjib Posted at 2017-1-20 17:11
I have the same issues. Multiple frame rates and resolutions. Sometimes it is dropping a frame and it glitches when it tries to recover. I tested multiple cards, same intermittent issues. Sent mine in for warranty after 6 flights. NOT confident that DJI has a fix and will play the shipping game back and fourth until they come up with a firmware fix..... https://vimeo.com/197648449/3f480dc4ef

May I have your case number since you sent it in? thanks.
2017-2-12
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

PinkGold Posted at 2017-2-8 16:01
Natalia, any update for fixing this problem?

I and some of my club members are having same problem and worries are getting bigger.

I've informed our engineers again and will get back to you for any progress.
2017-2-12
Use props
PinkGold
New

South Korea

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-2-12 00:12

Thanks Natalia.
2017-2-12
Use props
DJI相机部大帅哥
DJI R&D Squad

Hong Kong

Please send us the original video in the SD card, thank you!
2017-2-14
Use props
gregcrammond72
lvl.2
Flight distance : 68737 ft
United Kingdom

Hi

I have actually just bought a P4P from the DJI store in Hong Kong last week , went all the way there to get one in the hope i would get a good one ! Guess what ?? Gimbal twitch !
I spent over $3000 in the Causeway bay store only to be let down by this now
2017-2-14
Use props
gregcrammond72
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Please can you help me Natalia ? I went all the way to HK last week from London to get my drone from your store and every time i fly it i get twitching .
the shop asistants in the store registered and updated my drone for me .
2017-2-14
Use props
Airwolf13
lvl.3
Flight distance : 36995 ft
United States

I am also getting the jeering video. New condition. What up DJI what is the solution?  And please don't ask me to post the video, it is EXACTLY what has ben posted here.!  And I ran a few tests.  Seems to only be when I'm recording in 4K at 60 FPS.  Go figure.  Wheres the DJI fix for this???????
2017-2-14
Use props
Viridis
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2383556 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I too get a frame bump in 4k60, hoping updates can sort this.
2017-2-15
Use props
Airwolf13
lvl.3
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-2-12 00:12

Why does it take more then four days four your "engineers" to response to an issue that everyone who has a P4P have??  Cmon!
2017-2-16
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Airwolf13 Posted at 2017-2-16 04:43
Why does it take more then four days four your "engineers" to response to an issue that everyone who has a P4P have??  Cmon!

Our engineers replied here at #95, they need the original videos to locate the issue.
2017-2-19
Use props
Airwolf13
lvl.3
United States

#93 and #94 indicate..."our engineers will back to you with any progress ..." THAT WAS ON 2.12.17.  So???  What did the 'engineers' find out??? We ALL need this issue of the 'glitching/freezing of video at 4K 60FPS resolved asap!!
2017-2-19
Use props
GreyWhite
lvl.3
Flight distance : 18605000 ft
Hong Kong

OK, let me post the original video link below.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B7h9eU8j5TIrTDNBNlM5cXFMWlE
Jerk at 00:55

I say my problem again:
I have the same issue in 4K/60 and no problem in 4K/30, 2.7K/60 and 2.7K/30. Firmware is up to date.

Now I only shoot 4K/30, 4K/60 is absolutely crap!!
2017-2-20
Use props
GreyWhite
lvl.3
Flight distance : 18605000 ft
Hong Kong

Still no updates?
2017-2-23
Use props
Airwolf13
lvl.3
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-2-19 00:26
Our engineers replied here at #95, they need the original videos to locate the issue.

Hey Natalia, its been a while...so HOWS THAT FIX COMING ON THE CHOPPY VIDEO?  Engineers still at it??
2017-2-25
Use props
idrone4u
New
Flight distance : 182730 ft
United States

I have the same issue.  I have two phantom 4 pros at the moment and both of them show this issue.  I will be returning both.
2017-2-25
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

GreyWhite Posted at 2017-2-20 01:12

Please click on "Reply" button so that I can get a remind.
I've transferred the original video to engineers again, thanks for your supporting!
2017-2-25
Use props
gregcrammond72
lvl.2
United Kingdom

GreyWhite Posted at 2017-2-20 01:12

Totally agree , only happens at 4k 60fps , its useless at 60fps
2017-2-27
Use props
kykphantom
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5892388 ft
Cyprus

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-2-25 20:46
I've transferred the original video to engineers again, thanks for your supporting!

I confirm that my Phantom 4 Pro has the same issue.
2017-2-27
Use props
DJI相机部大帅哥
DJI R&D Squad

Hong Kong

We have solved this problem. But we need to do more tests before releasing firmware  with this patch. Sorry for waiting this. And thank you for your feedback.
2017-2-27
Use props
CrookedHorizon=
lvl.1

United States

Tip: The post by the administrator or moderators shield
2017-2-27
Use props
CrookedHorizon=
lvl.1

United States

Have you solved the problem of the crooked horizons and the constant wind warnings as well?
2017-2-27
Use props
kykphantom
Second Officer
Cyprus

Footlink Posted at 2017-1-19 07:50
I have found this same jerking issue on two occasion shooting 4K at 60 FPS.  Both time when the aircraft is rotating.  Once to the left and once to the right.  Using a Sandisk Extreme sd card didn't solve the issue.  Changing the gimbal setting didn't solve the problem either.  I'm using a brand new 2016 15" MacBook Pro with I7, 16 gb of ram and a blazing fast 1TB internal SSD so processing power or slow disk shouldn't be the issue.  I then looked at every single frame and found that one frame actually went backward causing the jerk.  Cut out the frame and the video looks normal.  By the way I have the Plus with the built in screen and on the video stored in the controller it also had the jerk.  Can't say if it's the gimbal or the compression algorithm but haven't seen this jerk flying in a straight line.  Hope DJI and give us an answer soon.

Yes, I have the same problem with my P4P, and I checked the video frame by frame. I found that one frame actually went backward causing the jerk, at 4K 60fps. I don't think that the camera can move so fast (1/60s) and produce this erroneous frame, but on the other hand, DJI must reply with a clear position on this issue.
2017-2-28
Use props
kykphantom
Second Officer
Cyprus

2017-2-28
Use props
fans34e58059
lvl.2
United States

Something similar is happening to my P4 Pro quite a few times. However, the times I noticed it, it was associated with changing directions (like pushing the stick to the left while the bird was going right, etc.) Also, I tried to replicate  it when having the bird very low and close to me, so I can in a way 'visually inspect' what's going on. It looks to me that it's not the gimbal's fault; the whole bird is jerking when changing direction, and I'm guessing the gimbal just cannot follow this sudden vibration. Note that it happens in 4K/24p. I haven't tried 60p yet. It looks like that:

Obviously, this has nothing to do with either SD card (I have a  SanDisk Extreme Pro, perfectly able to handle 4K in high bitrates), neither with a dropped frame, as there is actual physical vibration.

Is that something common or should I return?
2017-2-28
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

fans34e58059 Posted at 2017-2-28 14:07
Something similar is happening to my P4 Pro quite a few times. However, the times I noticed it, it was associated with changing directions (like pushing the stick to the left while the bird was going right, etc.) Also, I tried to replicate  it when having the bird very low and close to me, so I can in a way 'visually inspect' what's going on. It looks to me that it's not the gimbal's fault; the whole bird is jerking when changing direction, and I'm guessing the gimbal just cannot follow this sudden vibration. Note that it happens in 4K/24p. I haven't tried 60p yet. It looks like that:

https://youtu.be/XnYvXO2Nwr0

I can get something as minor as that movement on my P3P when I suddenly change direction, nothing unusual about that. But it is easily fixed, don't make sudden direction changes.
2017-2-28
Use props
betonven
lvl.2
United States

Geebax Posted at 2017-2-28 14:33
I can get something as minor as that movement on my P3P when I suddenly change direction, nothing unusual about that. But it is easily fixed, don't make sudden direction changes.

Thanks for sharing. What bothers me is that it happens randomly. After this video, I tried to do it several times and it perfectly smoothly transitioned from left to right and back.

When it happens, I can hear the engine roaring aggressively (I'm guessing trying to fight inertia) and probably this gives the vibration. I just wonder why it happens only randomly.

P4P problems are a horror story, and I just want to make sure nothing's wrong before Amazon's 30 days return deadline expires. I don't want to have to deal with DJI  for service again, I returned a DoA Mavic Pro two full weeks now and it still doesn't even show up as a progress indicator in my account, to keep track when I'll finally get a refund.

Great company, fantastic products, but it looks like there is a serious problem with both quality control and customer support.
2017-2-28
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

betonven Posted at 2017-2-28 16:32
Thanks for sharing. What bothers me is that it happens randomly. After this video, I tried to do it several times and it perfectly smoothly transitioned from left to right and back.

When it happens, I can hear the engine roaring aggressively (I'm guessing trying to fight inertia) and probably this gives the vibration. I just wonder why it happens only randomly.

I understand your concerns. But I would not count it as a defect. As I said, my P3P does something similar so I just don't make agressive moves when shooting. In fact I nearly always program my flights now to make them smoother.
2017-2-28
Use props
kykphantom
Second Officer
Cyprus

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-2-25 20:46

Dear Natalia, could you please check my videos too? I submit two videos recorded at 4K/60fps where you can see clearly the jerk issue. Both videos are taken directly from the SD card without any editing.
Jerk at 0:28s
Jerk at 0:30s
2017-3-1
Use props
gregcrammond72
lvl.2
United Kingdom

2017-3-2
Use props
Advanced