P4 pro jerk frame
17221 310 2016-12-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

kykphantom Posted at 2017-3-1 22:12
Dear Natalia, could you please check my videos too? I submit two videos recorded at 4K/60fps where you can see clearly the jerk issue. Both videos are taken directly from the SD card without any editing.
Jerk at 0:28s
Jerk at 0:30s

Our engineers are testing the firmware for the performance, please check the feedback from our R&D engineers at 110#  above.
Hope everything goes smoothly and you all will enjoy it.
2017-3-2
Use props
gregcrammond72
lvl.2
Flight distance : 68737 ft
United Kingdom

Tip: The post by the administrator or moderators shield
2017-3-3
Use props
kykphantom
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5892388 ft
Cyprus

gregcrammond72 Posted at 2017-3-3 01:28
**** The posts are shielded ****

And now, time for testing. Let's check if the video jerk issue has been resolved with the new firmware update.
2017-3-7
Use props
gregcrammond72
lvl.2
United Kingdom

kykphantom Posted at 2017-3-7 09:24
And now, time for testing. Let's check if the video jerk issue has been resolved with the new firmware update.

Any news ?
2017-3-7
Use props
Esc4p3
lvl.1

Philippines

Hi guys just a quick question.

let me know if this is smooth for 4k videos. should i get this?

MacBook Pro Retina
Processor: Intel Core i5 2.7 GHz
Memory: 8 Gb 1867 MHz DDR3
Graphics: Intel Iris Graphics 6100 1536 MB

so that I have reference which one to get.

Thanks!
2017-3-7
Use props
kykphantom
Second Officer
Cyprus

Esc4p3 Posted at 2017-3-7 11:11

Best thing to do is a trial playback before you buy. 4K video is very demanding.
2017-3-7
Use props
kykphantom
Second Officer
Cyprus

Once I have some results from testing I will let you know.
2017-3-7
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Esc4p3 Posted at 2017-3-7 11:11

Anything with an i5 processor is too slow.
2017-3-7
Use props
JoiCam
lvl.4
Flight distance : 771434 ft
Iceland

Any news on the jerk issue, has it been fixed with the new firmware?
2017-3-8
Use props
epicjib
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3016060 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Can someone from DJI confirm if the dropped and corrupt frame problem is a hardware issue or a firmware problem? So that owners can send their craft away to get replaced or wait months for a fix.
2017-3-8
Use props
kykphantom
Second Officer
Cyprus

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-3-2 03:09
Our engineers are testing the firmware for the performance, please check the feedback from our R&D engineers at 110#  above.

Dear Natalia,

Finally we receive the latest firmware upgrade, the one which we have been expecting very patiently.

UNFORTUNETELY, THE ISSUE WITH THE VIDEO JERK HAS NOT BEEN RESOLVED, although we have been ensured from DJI that the issue had been rectified with the new firmware.
I have tested it again at 4K-60fps and the Jerk is happening again - very disappointed.

Please give us an official position of DJI about this issue.
2017-3-8
Use props
epicjib
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3016060 ft
  • >>>
Canada

kykphantom Posted at 2017-3-8 07:55
Dear Natalia,

Finally we receive the latest firmware upgrade, the one which we have been expecting very patiently.

I sent my P4P to DJI and they replaced the unit with another for this problem and a long list of other issues. The new unit is 90% better but I still have seen dropped frames. I have a ugly feeling that this is a hardware problem.....
2017-3-8
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

kykphantom Posted at 2017-3-8 07:55
Dear Natalia,

Sorry to hear about that, could you please upload an original video for us? I can inform our engineers about your feedback.
2017-3-8
Use props
kykphantom
Second Officer
Cyprus

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-3-8 20:09
Sorry to hear about that, could you please upload an original video for us? I can inform our engineers about your feedback.

Yes definitely, dear Natalia, you can download and watch the video.
At the instances 16s and 27s a delayed frame is added in the stream, causing the Jerk. This is checked frame by frame, and has nothing to do with the speed of playback machine or the video card.
Kindly waiting for your response ...

Jerk at 16s and 27s
2017-3-8
Use props
gregcrammond72
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Please can you let me know what is going on with the gimbal jerk issue ? Its still there after the upgrade , have you found a fix yet or shall i return my drone ? i have had enough now . just want a clear answer please .
2017-3-9
Use props
kykphantom
Second Officer
Cyprus

gregcrammond72 Posted at 2017-3-9 13:13
Please can you let me know what is going on with the gimbal jerk issue ? Its still there after the upgrade , have you found a fix yet or shall i return my drone ? i have had enough now . just want a clear answer please .

The clear answer from users is: NO
The clear answer from DJI is: ???
2017-3-9
Use props
kykphantom
Second Officer
Cyprus

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-3-8 20:09

Have the engineers come out with a diagnosis about frame jerk?
2017-3-9
Use props
gregcrammond72
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Natalia please could we have an answer on the gimbal jewel issue when shooting at 4k 6ofps ?
I really would like to know what to do now ? I have been very patient .
Greg
2017-3-10
Use props
fans_drone
lvl.2
Italy

The first post about jerk problem was written on 14/12/2016, today after three months and two firmware the problem is still exsisting.......
2017-3-10
Use props
HitrackAP
lvl.3
Flight distance : 428176 ft
United Kingdom

fans_drone Posted at 2017-3-10 03:44
The first post about jerk problem was written on 14/12/2016, today after three months and two firmware the problem is still exsisting.......

If its any conciliation I have a Phantom 2 that is still waiting on the promised stop/start function to the Go Pro. I bought it for this reason...guess what...that function never came ha
2017-3-10
Use props
gregcrammond72
lvl.2
United Kingdom

JoiCam Posted at 2017-3-8 01:25
Any news on the jerk issue, has it been fixed with the new firmware?

not has not and very frustrating
2017-3-10
Use props
Dr.Felegis
lvl.1
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-3-2 03:09

Natalia,

I have been reading and monitoring this forum for weeks crossing my fingers that the update would fix this issue as Im sure many others have. You and your team have promised the fix in the update. After updating, my aircraft STILL HAS THE PROBLEM. This is UNEXCEPTABLE for a $1500 drone. What is most sickening is that you are trying to sweep the problem under the rug like it is an isolated incident...

So, I have a phantom 4 pro that I use for paid gigs. Please tell me what I am to say to my client after delivering the raw footage with a frame jerk in it? Will you be giving my client a refund?
2017-3-10
Use props
kykphantom
Second Officer
Cyprus

Has anybody any answer from DJI about this issue?
2017-3-12
Use props
fans_drone
lvl.2
Italy

Yesterday we tested the new firmware on another 4pro, the same results: jerk frame 4k60fps.......
2017-3-13
Use props
gregcrammond72
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Natalie or somebody from DJI can i have an answer please ? This has been going on for way to long now ! This is NOT an isolated incident and i fear with the release of the P5 we will just be forgotten .
I am not letting this rest , shall i return my drone as i am not accepting this !
4K @ 60FPS is useless with the jerk
2017-3-13
Use props
kykphantom
Second Officer
Cyprus

Dear DJI, just see that most of the threads in this forum have less than 300 views, but THIS specific thread (JERK ISSUE) has over 3200 views - does it mean something?
2017-3-13
Use props
Dr.Felegis
lvl.1
United States

Natalia, yet another day filming with this issue. I have clients that hire me because I can deliver 4K 60. This is not right that we have to put up with being sold a drone that can't do what it was advertised to do!
2017-3-13
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

I've reported all your feedback to our engineers, they are working on testing the firmware recently, if everything goes smoothly, a new firmware will be released in near future to fix this issue.
Thanks for your supporting.
2017-3-13
Use props
DJI相机部大帅哥
DJI R&D Squad

China

The firmware is still in testing and will be released in the near future. Thank you for your patience.
2017-3-14
Use props
Dr.Felegis
lvl.1
United States

If this is a firmware issue then why did I just talk to a support member and get told to return my aircraft???

Dear Nicholas,

Thank you for contacting DJI.

We are very sorry to hear about the problem you are having with your DJI product. Unfortunately after troubleshooting we suggest that you send it to us for repair.

To make the repair process easier and more convenient, we created an Online Repair Request system for you. After filling out the online forms you will receive a case number.

To get started with your online repair request click: HERE

To check on the case status click: HERE

If you are located outside of the United States, reply with the information requested below. We will create and RMA for you so that you can send it in for repair.
2017-3-14
Use props
Dr.Felegis
lvl.1
United States

Dr.Felegis Posted at 2017-3-14 10:51
If this is a firmware issue then why did I just talk to a support member and get told to return my aircraft???

Also just spoke with a rep and they said its a problem with the drone itself. Here is a recording of the conversation:

2017-3-14
Use props
kykphantom
Second Officer
Cyprus

Dr.Felegis Posted at 2017-3-14 11:39
Also just spoke with a rep and they said its a problem with the drone itself. Here is a recording of the conversation:

https://youtu.be/tzWaL1S2pmA

Excellent, total inconsistency. Does this mean that we all of us return our drones to DJI?
2017-3-14
Use props
Canneloni
New

Germany

Thanks god i live in Germany so i have some month where i can wait. The first 6 month are a manufacturer failure if something is happening so i hope that DJI will solve the problem fast, i saw the jerk too and was very disapointed to have such issues on a 1700 € drone..... + extra batteries etc.....
2017-3-14
Use props
HellStream
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1370771 ft
  • >>>
Finland

I did send my 3rd p4pro back about 3 weeks ago. (Gimbal issues) It was the only one which didn't have the jerk issue. So I'm pretty sure it's a hardware related issue, than a firmware.  
2017-3-14
Use props
Flycap
lvl.2
Flight distance : 149843 ft
United States

Frame by frame of the Phantom 4 Pro gimbal jerk. Frames 1-5 are normal and the jerk is frames 6-7. Frames 8,9,10 are normal. Notice the treeline move in the opposite direction. This is not a card issure,it's a gimbal issue.
2017-3-14
Use props
kykphantom
Second Officer
Cyprus

Flycap Posted at 2017-3-14 21:37
Frame by frame of the Phantom 4 Pro gimbal jerk. Frames 1-5 are normal and the jerk is frames 6-7. Frames 8,9,10 are normal. Notice the treeline move in the opposite direction. This is not a card issure,it's a gimbal issue.Frame Video

If you think that this is a gimbal (hardware) issue, why do we see the jerk only at 4K-60fps?
2017-3-14
Use props
kykphantom
Second Officer
Cyprus

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-3-13 22:51
I've reported all your feedback to our engineers, they are working on testing the firmware recently, if everything goes smoothly, a new firmware will be released in near future to fix this issue.
Thanks for your supporting.

Do the DJI engineers confirm that the Jerk issue is firmware matter and not a hardware problem?
2017-3-14
Use props
GreyWhite
lvl.3
Flight distance : 18605000 ft
Hong Kong

If this is gimbal hardware issue we need to return the P4P ASAP since the gimbal is only 6 months warranty, DJI please confirm many thanks.
2017-3-15
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

kykphantom Posted at 2017-3-14 23:27
Do the DJI engineers confirm that the Jerk issue is firmware matter and not a hardware problem?

Our R&D engineers replied at 149# for this issue, they are testing the firmware, if the issue can be fixed, then it will be released soon, appreciate for your patience!
2017-3-15
Use props
fans_drone
lvl.2
Italy

After three substitutions due to a problem of jerking of the videos plus other problems, a refund procedure has been applied CAS-460558-L4P0H8. After 21 days since the drone was received at Dji warehouses (ups tracking 1ZR54Y139176132250) and after many excuses by the operator, I still haven't received an email from Dji confirming that the drone has been returned, neither I received the outstanding refund. It is unacceptable that a company, which claims itself as leader in the market, puts on the market faulty products ( I received three models with the same problem, as happened to two friends of mine and to all the many users
http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=76232&extra=page%3D1%26filter%3Dtypeid%26typeid%3D386%26typeid%3D386&page=1) and after three months of wasted time and jobs it is unacceptable that I have to solicit a deserved refund while waiting to purchase the next model, hoping that it will work.
2017-3-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules