17222 310 2016-12-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Esc4p3
lvl.1

Philippines

Hi again,

Just need help or suggestions.
Which one would be good smooth for rendering/editing 4k videos or in after effects.
Macbook Pro 2012 15inch 16GB RAM i7 processor or macbook pro Retina Display 13inch 8GB RAM, i5 processor?
2017-3-15
Use props
Mobilcams
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2907674 ft
United States

What happens if they cannot find a solution to the issue? Is this happening on every P4P out there? I just sent mine in for jello caused by the gimbal vibrating even while just sitting on the ground with the motors off - only 5 days old..
2017-3-15
Use props
epicjib
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3016060 ft
  • >>>
Canada

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-3-15 00:41
Our R&D engineers replied at 149# for this issue, they are testing the firmware, if the issue can be fixed, then it will be released soon, appreciate for your patience!

"if the issue can be fixed"  I have been waiting for over 3 months now for a repair, If you can't fix this I want a refund and you can spend the next 6 months figuring out how to repair your faulty products. Once you have a working P4P as you have advertised I will think about purchasing this again. Why does the consumer have to be the tester of your products? this was never ready for the public and rushed out the door.
2017-3-15
Use props
GreenHornet55
lvl.2
Flight distance : 213222 ft
United States

Maybe I missed it.

I found that my P4P defaulted to 4K. My tv does 4K but not my laptop. Reducing to 1080 fixed my problem.
2017-3-15
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

epicjib Posted at 2017-3-15 16:04
"if the issue can be fixed"  I have been waiting for over 3 months now for a repair, If you can't fix this I want a refund and you can spend the next 6 months figuring out how to repair your faulty products. Once you have a working P4P as you have advertised I will think about purchasing this again. Why does the consumer have to be the tester of your products? this was never ready for the public and rushed out the door.

We regret the pain you’ve been caused, we're working on the case you all reported and trying to get it resolved soon.
We concern much about your experience on our products, thank you so much for your supporting!
2017-3-16
Use props
epicjib
lvl.4
  • >>>
Canada

This is my second P4P. When will this be fixed??? 4 months??? Where is my refund???

2017-3-19
Use props
kykphantom
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5892388 ft
Cyprus

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-3-16 00:39
We regret the pain you’ve been caused, we're working on the case you all reported and trying to get it resolved soon.
We concern much about your experience on our products, thank you so much for your supporting!

Dear Natalia, thank you for the information and we understand and appreciate DJI's effort to rectify this issue. However, it is very important for us as customers to know:

1. When this corrective firmware will be available?
2. Are there any Phantom 4 Pro without the Jerk issue at 4K60fps?

The above questions must be answered as soon as possible. The reason for us is very simple. If the corrective firmware will be delayed and the issue is only with some P4Ps then the best choice for us is to return our defect drones for replacement. Otherwise, if the corrective firmware is going to be release soon (within the next 1-2 weeks at the latest) and not in the "near future" (which is undefined and can be for ever) then we can wait another 1-2 weeks hoping that this problem will be corrected.

Please clarify with a clear statement. There are a lot of customers who are desperate to use their DJI drones for the purpose they have paid them for.
2017-3-20
Use props
HellStream
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1370771 ft
  • >>>
Finland

kykphantom Posted at 2017-3-20 01:31
Dear Natalia, thank you for the information and we understand and appreciate DJI's effort to rectify this issue. However, it is very important for us as customers to know:

My third p4pro was without the jerk issue. This is why I believe that this is a hardware related problem.
2017-3-20
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

kykphantom Posted at 2017-3-20 01:31

I can understand how you all feel and I wish the new firmware could be released soon as you.
But I'm sorry that I have not receive the exact information when it is released. If I get the information, I'll let you know. Appreciate for your patience and support.
2017-3-20
Use props
RodneyDangerous
Banned

United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2017-3-20
Use props
kykphantom
Second Officer
Cyprus

RodneyDangerous Posted at 2017-3-20 05:10
Hey guys: I confirmed with DJI North America support that this is a "hardware issue affecting the majority of P4Pro units".

Be honest, I am not sure that they are sure! It happened again, one of them to say A and the other one to say B. Anyway, the last chance we can give is with the new upcoming firmware, otherwise we can return them.
2017-3-20
Use props
RodneyDangerous
Banned

United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2017-3-20
Use props
kykphantom
Second Officer
Cyprus

RodneyDangerous Posted at 2017-3-20 05:10
Hey guys: I confirmed with DJI North America support that this is a "hardware issue affecting the majority of P4Pro units".

Are you referring to the Jerk issue or to the Horizon Tilt problem?
2017-3-20
Use props
kykphantom
Second Officer
Cyprus

RodneyDangerous Posted at 2017-3-21 13:15
I'm referring to the awful horizon tilt ongoing problem.

Oh yes, this is another ongoing problem and thank you for the information. However, the discussion of this thread is about the jerk video at 4k60fps.
2017-3-21
Use props
kykphantom
Second Officer
Cyprus

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-3-20 04:56
I can understand how you all feel and I wish the new firmware could be released soon as you.
But I'm sorry that I have not receive the exact information when it is released. If I get the information, I'll let you know. Appreciate for your patience and support.

I have tried to present what's happening causing the Jerk problem. I have created 20 photos taken out from a video scene (4K@60fps) frame by frame, so 20 frames in total. I noticed that the 16th frame was not the correct one (generating the Jerk). If you remove the 16th frame then the sequence is ok. Also, the 16th frame was exactly the same as the 9th frame. So, for some reason, the 9th frame is added again in the 16th position of the sequence, causing the Jerk.

Please find attached the 20 frames and watch the car in the red circle how it moves and then suddenly a backward frame is added. Please note that in all cases I have tested, the problematic frame which is added causing the Jerk is always the 7th backward frame.

Frames showing the JERK ISSUE
2017-3-22
Use props
Farmer_mapo
lvl.3
Flight distance : 878373 ft
South Korea

after firmware (V 01.03.0418) , frame jerk still happening ,but a little reduced. they still not solved this problem.

watch this (4k 60p)
2017-3-22
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

RodneyDangerous Posted at 2017-3-22 16:52
Hey Natalia: this isn't about "pain". It's more about respect.

Is there something that is preventing you from asking R&D when they anticipate to release the firmware that fixes this problem?

The firmware is still under testing recently, very sorry for the inconvenience, we appreciate your patience and support.
2017-3-23
Use props
Flycap
lvl.2
Flight distance : 149843 ft
United States

I finally fixed my frame jerking,crooked horizon problem with a RMA label to send back to Amazon. Too bad really,the image quality is awesome and the drone itself is great.
Maybe in the near future I'll buy it again.....but right now my stress level has gone way down.
2017-3-25
Use props
epicjib
lvl.4
  • >>>
Canada

Flycap Posted at 2017-3-25 03:09
I finally fixed my frame jerking,crooked horizon problem with a RMA label to send back to Amazon. Too bad really,the image quality is awesome and the drone itself is great.
Maybe in the near future I'll buy it again.....but right now my stress level has gone way down.

Thanks, now when I send mine back for the third time I will get your defective refurbished drone.lol
2017-3-25
Use props
Mr Smith
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3621066 ft
  • >>>
United States

Just to be clear, is everyone having this problem on only the 4k @ 60fps and 1080p @ 120fps? or is it across all different video qualities? I've been planning on purchasing the P4p as soon as I sell my P3a, but tbh, I'm not too concerned about shooting in 4k... Not sure my computer could handle it anyway. I'm more excited about the 20mp photos! But if the "jerk" is happening even in 1080 @ 60fps then I might as well keep my P3a for a while longer.
2017-3-25
Use props
kykphantom
Second Officer
Cyprus

Mr Smith Posted at 2017-3-25 10:39
Just to be clear, is everyone having this problem on only the 4k @ 60fps and 1080p @ 120fps? or is it across all different video qualities? I've been planning on purchasing the P4p as soon as I sell my P3a, but tbh, I'm not too concerned about shooting in 4k... Not sure my computer could handle it anyway. I'm more excited about the 20mp photos! But if the "jerk" is happening even in 1080 @ 60fps then I might as well keep my P3a for a while longer.

The problem of Jerk is only with 4K@60FPS, at least with my P4P. However, this is the one actually I am using more.
2017-3-25
Use props
epicjib
lvl.4
  • >>>
Canada

kykphantom Posted at 2017-3-25 12:34
The problem of Jerk is only with 4K@60FPS, at least with my P4P. However, this is the one actually I am using more.

I was having issues with my first P4P 4K60 and HD with120fps, dropped and glitched frames.
2017-3-25
Use props
jonathanp
lvl.4
Flight distance : 519275 ft
Canada

epicjib Posted at 2017-3-25 17:11
I was having issues with my first P4P 4K60 and HD with120fps, dropped and glitched frames.

Does the issue happen when using h.264 & h.265 ?
2017-3-25
Use props
epicjib
lvl.4
  • >>>
Canada

jonathanp Posted at 2017-3-25 18:31

I do not think that there is an option for H.265 when recording in 4K 60fps. I would have to fire up the bird to make sure
2017-3-25
Use props
kykphantom
Second Officer
Cyprus

jonathanp Posted at 2017-3-25 18:31

There is no option of 4k60fps with h.265, only h.264.
2017-3-26
Use props
betonven
lvl.2
United States

I'm welcoming myself to the club; I just noticed a frame jerk out of a sudden, in 4K/24p. Never saw that before, I'll pretend it was a random coincidence and hope not to see it again, at least not in a part of footage that would be useful to me!
2017-3-27
Use props
jonathanp
lvl.4
Canada

betonven Posted at 2017-3-27 06:41
I'm welcoming myself to the club; I just noticed a frame jerk out of a sudden, in 4K/24p. Never saw that before, I'll pretend it was a random coincidence and hope not to see it again, at least not in a part of footage that would be useful to me!

Darnit!  First 1st flight with brand new Phantom 4 Pro from BestBuy and I've got the issue.  However it only appears to happen when flying forward.  It doesn't happen when hovering from what I can tell.
2017-3-27
Use props
jonathanp
lvl.4
Canada

jonathanp Posted at 2017-3-27 13:38
Darnit!  First 1st flight with brand new Phantom 4 Pro from BestBuy and I've got the issue.  However it only appears to happen when flying forward.  It doesn't happen when hovering from what I can tell.

I really hope there's a firmware fix for this issue!  
2017-3-27
Use props
jonathanp
lvl.4
Canada

Glimmerman Posted at 2017-3-27 17:04
I doubt there is a fix. It has been 4 months. This thread has over 4300 views. DJI said it was supposed to be "fixed" in the last firmware update. That didn't happen.
It's going to basically have the same non-fix as the drifting tilting horizon.

They should stop selling these units until the problem is resolved.  Unfortunate.  However from my experience with DJI so far I suspect they will find a fix eventually.  My Inspire 1 has always been solid.  I've owned every Phantom and never had any major issues.
2017-3-27
Use props
betonven
lvl.2
United States

jonathanp Posted at 2017-3-27 13:38

In my case it only appeared once, in a backward footage ("selfie", zooming out from us)
2017-3-27
Use props
kykphantom
Second Officer
Cyprus

Does anybody have a clue about the issuance date of the new firmware, which will rectify the video JERK PROBLEM?
2017-3-27
Use props
jonathanp
lvl.4
Canada

Glimmerman Posted at 2017-3-28 06:32
That date would be "never".

I opened a support ticket today on the issue.  The support rep I talked to on the chat hadn't heard of the issue.  I referenced this thread.  Apparently more users should open support tickets?  The squeaky wheel will get the grease...
2017-3-28
Use props
jonathanp
lvl.4
Canada

kykphantom Posted at 2017-3-22 10:23
I have tried to present what's happening causing the Jerk problem. I have created 20 photos taken out from a video scene (4K@60fps) frame by frame, so 20 frames in total. I noticed that the 16th frame was not the correct one (generating the Jerk). If you remove the 16th frame then the sequence is ok. Also, the 16th frame was exactly the same as the 9th frame. So, for some reason, the 9th frame is added again in the 16th position of the sequence, causing the Jerk.

Please find attached the 20 frames and watch the car in the red circle how it moves and then suddenly a backward frame is added. Please note that in all cases I have tested, the problematic frame which is added causing the Jerk is always the 7th backward frame.

Great work explaining the situation.  Did you open a support ticket and share the frames?
2017-3-28
Use props
kykphantom
Second Officer
Cyprus

jonathanp Posted at 2017-3-28 18:49
Great work explaining the situation.  Did you open a support ticket and share the frames?

I did. The DJI support replied suggesting to change the format from MOV to MP4 or vice versa and also to reset the camera and try again. In case this would not help, then I have to send it in for more detailed check.

The above response is an evident that they don't know what they do or "they do!". Unfortunately for us, that we have paid $$$$ or €€€€ for something which does not function according to specs.
2017-3-28
Use props
jonathanp
lvl.4
Canada

kykphantom Posted at 2017-3-28 21:48
I did. The DJI support replied suggesting to change the format from MOV to MP4 or vice versa and also to reset the camera and try again. In case this would not help, then I have to send it in for more detailed check.

The above response is an evident that they don't know what they do or "they do!". Unfortunately for us, that we have paid $$$$ or €€€€ for something which does not function according to specs.

You can still request to open a support ticket without sending the drone in for repair.  Just reference this thread.  Ask for a ticket #.
2017-3-29
Use props
betonven
lvl.2
United States

So, it looks like it happens randomly to me as well. Interesting thing is (in case nobody mentioned before, I'm not sure), that I was able to see the jerk happening in real-time on my iPhone, while I was capturing. I saw a little jerk and thought myself it was just a moment of bad reception, but I noted the time down to check the high quality footage in the card, and, guess what, it was there!

However, I have to say it only happened once during two batteries flight time (~50 minutes), so, I guess, it's not a big deal, unless of course it ruins an important shot. Since I saw that happening, I'm gonna be repeating shots of interest at least twice, just in case.

Of course, as this is not a reasonable thing to do when you have invested almost 2K $ in a video equipment, I'm just waiting for DJI to do its part on this.
2017-3-29
Use props
betonven
lvl.2
United States

Now of course, the big question remains: Is it indeed a firmware error (so let's say we can wait a bit) or is it hardware related? I have a couple of weeks left to return mine (which is already a replacement, over another with other problems), but,  I'm really worried to see what the other replacement will have wrong.

2017-3-29
Use props
jonathanp
lvl.4
Canada

betonven Posted at 2017-3-29 13:59
Now of course, the big question remains: Is it indeed a firmware error (so let's say we can wait a bit) or is it hardware related? I have a couple of weeks left to return mine (which is already a replacement, over another with other problems), but,  I'm really worried to see what the other replacement will have wrong.

According to post #110 it's a firmware issue.
2017-3-29
Use props
Crio
Second Officer
Flight distance : 67713 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

This thread is so bad to read, I was about to pull the trigger 2 days ago for P4P I will hold on with an upgrade for sure. Its sad and frustrating in the same time and I didn't even got one.
I can't even imagine what people who actually have those issues feel.
2017-3-30
Use props
betonven
lvl.2
United States

jonathanp Posted at 2017-3-29 18:47
According to post #110 it's a firmware issue.

And according to posts 150-151 it's hardware related
2017-3-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules