Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
P4 pro jerk frame
15081 310 2016-12-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jonathanp
Second Officer
Flight distance : 519275 ft
Canada

DJI-BladeStrike Posted at 2017-4-3 07:03
The posted Email is fake and the fix will be in the April release. Until then you can simply remove the extra frame and the footage will look normal, this takes about a min to do.

Great news! Thanks for the update.
2017-4-3
Use props
kykphantom
Captain
Flight distance : 5892388 ft
Cyprus

The posted Email is fake and the fix will be in the April release. Until then you can simply remove the extra frame and the footage will look normal, this takes about a min to do.

I have been asked by DJI SUPPORT to send it in, but if a new firmware which will resolve the issue of the jerk frame, will be released in April, is it better to wait?
2017-4-3
Use props
fans9718bd87
lvl.3
Flight distance : 274052 ft
  • >>>
United States

Boom! I told you, patience is key. As I said, the Mavic had a similar issue and DJI rectified it with new firmware.
2017-4-3
Use props
kykphantom
Captain
Cyprus

fans9718bd87 Posted at 2017-4-3 20:49
Boom! I told you, patience is key. As I said, the Mavic had a similar issue and DJI rectified it with new firmware.

Why DJI does not inform all their authorized service centers that the issue with jerk will be resolved with the release of the next firmware, so that they do not ask from the customers to send their drones in?
2017-4-4
Use props
DJI-BladeStrike
Super Moderator
Flight distance : 872694 ft
  • >>>
United States

kykphantom Posted at 2017-4-4 22:26
Why DJI does not inform all their authorized service centers that the issue with jerk will be resolved with the release of the next firmware, so that they do not ask from the customers to send their drones in?

for one thing, gimbal jerk is not the proper term.. The is an added frame issue causing this.. If you see a physical gimbal twitch then that does need to be sent in.
2017-4-5
Use props
kykphantom
Captain
Cyprus

DJI-BladeStrike Posted at 2017-4-5 10:00
for one thing, gimbal jerk is not the proper term.. The is an added frame issue causing this.. If you see a physical gimbal twitch then that does need to be sent in.

Yes you are right, the whole thread is about this added frame, and we are not referring to any gimbal twitch but to a video picture instantaneous jerk. Do you have any proper term for this?

I explained to DJI support very clearly with video examples and screenshots of the issue of the added frame, and I have been asked to send the drone in. Also, they replied that they do not have any official information about a fix, something which the DJI R&D department may have. That is the reason, I suggest you communicate all necessary information regarding this issue to all DJI authorized service centers.
2017-4-5
Use props
Dr.Felegis
lvl.1
United States

I agree.  When I called DJI service center they told me to send it my drone after clearly explaining the problem as well. Not acceptable communication internally with your company
2017-4-6
Use props
Floreto
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3591102 ft
United States

I received my drone in February and took it out in mid March, on the first flight the first video I shot at 4K@60 I got the glitch.  I have the P4P+, on the first flight the controller locked up and restarted its self mid flight, this is when the glitch happened and all the rest of the video I shot that day was Ok.  When I came across this thread today since it started back in December I figured there's no way this problem hasn't been fixed, man was I wrong.  For those people saying this isn't a big deal let me ask you how you'd feel if you bought a $2,000 TV and the picture randomly glitched and the company didn't seem to be in any hurry to fix it?   
2017-4-7
Use props
fans9718bd87
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Floreto Posted at 2017-4-7 09:37
I received my drone in February and took it out in mid March, on the first flight the first video I shot at 4K@60 I got the glitch.  I have the P4P+, on the first flight the controller locked up and restarted its self mid flight, this is when the glitch happened and all the rest of the video I shot that day was Ok.  When I came across this thread today since it started back in December I figured there's no way this problem hasn't been fixed, man was I wrong.  For those people saying this isn't a big deal let me ask you how you'd feel if you bought a $2,000 TV and the picture randomly glitched and the company didn't seem to be in any hurry to fix it?

Bad analogy with the TV. You can return either item and never deal with the company again if it bothers you that much. The P4P issue has a temporary workaround. If you are a serious user who NEEDS the footage, the footage you capture with the 'glitch' is still usable.  The problem can be fixed in post production. Sure, it's annoying but so it's the horizon tilt that needs to be fixed in post anyway. They've already said a fix was coming, at least it's coming and not blowing it off like most of these users claim they would.
2017-4-7
Use props
jonathanp
Second Officer
Canada

fans9718bd87 Posted at 2017-4-7 11:04
Bad analogy with the TV. You can return either item and never deal with the company again if it bothers you that much. The P4P issue has a temporary workaround. If you are a serious user who NEEDS the footage, the footage you capture with the 'glitch' is still usable.  The problem can be fixed in post production. Sure, it's annoying but so it's the horizon tilt that needs to be fixed in post anyway. They've already said a fix was coming, at least it's coming and not blowing it off like most of these users claim they would.

Yep I agree.  Do you know the shortcut to adjust the horizon?
Hold down C2 button underneath controller then use the wheel on the right hand side of the controller.  You can then adjust horizon in flight.
2017-4-7
Use props
Dr.Felegis
lvl.1
United States

Lets all hold our breath that there really is a "fix" coming in the update. Dare I ask when this month it will be released?
2017-4-7
Use props
epicjib
First Officer
Flight distance : 3016060 ft
  • >>>
Canada

fans9718bd87 Posted at 2017-4-7 11:04

The problem can't always be fixed in post. This problem is not always a duplicated frame. I have examples of pixelated or dropped frames and the newest P4P that DJI has sent me has the frame go backward. So if I remove that frame it has a huge jerk as it is missing a frame or two.
2017-4-7
Use props
fans9718bd87
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

epicjib Posted at 2017-4-7 16:11
The problem can't always be fixed in post. This problem is not always a duplicated frame. I have examples of pixelated or dropped frames and the newest P4P that DJI has sent me has the frame go backward. So if I remove that frame it has a huge jerk as it is missing a frame or two.

You just described a completely different issue then what is being discussed here. The glitch that everyone is discussing here IS a duplicated frame.
2017-4-7
Use props
kykphantom
Captain
Cyprus

Any info about the new firmware release? ... we are still waiting for this firmware update to solve the issue with the added duplicated frame at 4k60fps.
2017-4-9
Use props
kykphantom
Captain
Cyprus

Can someone suggests a video editing software which can remove the duplicated frame until the new firmware is released?
2017-4-10
Use props
kykphantom
Captain
Cyprus

Is the new firmware release the one which all of us were expecting for?

Time for testing the video recording at 4k60fps. Has the jerk problem been fixed?
2017-4-12
Use props
Dr.Felegis
lvl.1
United States

Does anyone at DJI want to answer the above? We are getting through April with no release yet...
2017-4-12
Use props
Dr.Felegis
lvl.1
United States

Just updated. I will be flying all day tomorrow for work at 4k 60fps. Wish me luck! I will report back with results
2017-4-12
Use props
kykphantom
Captain
Cyprus

Dr.Felegis Posted at 2017-4-12 18:08
Just updated. I will be flying all day tomorrow for work at 4k 60fps. Wish me luck! I will report back with results

Wish all the best for your test flight. Your results as well as the outcome of everybody else on the jerk issue will be very important for all of us ....
2017-4-12
Use props
fans_drone
lvl.2
Italy

Many user have been waiting the results with new firmware about jerk frame.....
2017-4-13
Use props
Mobilcams
First Officer
Flight distance : 2907674 ft
United States

fans_drone Posted at 2017-4-13 00:37
Many user have been waiting the results with new firmware about jerk frame.....

I just did a whole hours worth of flying and recording and I did not see anymore glitching! Looks good! The one thing that remains is that the gimbal still does NOT hold it's place when using the mechanical shutter.  Not a huge deal as the only time I would like it to be still is when doing time lapse photography, and at that point you are usually dealing with things like sunsets, etc.
2017-4-13
Use props
Dr.Felegis
lvl.1
United States

Jerk free with about five mins of footage. Hope this is fixed!

If so, thank you DJI, but in the future it would be nice to not wait as long for the fix!
2017-4-13
Use props
Dr.Felegis
lvl.1
United States

Also^^^ not have your support centers tell me to send the drone in for repairs of and I quote "a hardware problem".
2017-4-13
Use props
TheMann58
First Officer
Flight distance : 17759432 ft
  • >>>
United States

Mobilcams Posted at 2017-4-13 17:51
I just did a whole hours worth of flying and recording and I did not see anymore glitching! Looks good! The one thing that remains is that the gimbal still does NOT hold it's place when using the mechanical shutter.  Not a huge deal as the only time I would like it to be still is when doing time lapse photography, and at that point you are usually dealing with things like sunsets, etc.

Mobilcams,

That's great news about the glitch (extra frame) issue appearing to be resolved by the latest firmware update.

Now, can you comment on if the horizon remains level (after proper IMU and gimbal calibration on a level surface) during BOTH hover as well as during forward and sideways flight at 25+ mph?
2017-4-13
Use props
TheMann58
First Officer
Flight distance : 17759432 ft
  • >>>
United States

Dr.Felegis Posted at 2017-4-13 20:04
Jerk free with about five mins of footage. Hope this is fixed!

If so, thank you DJI, but in the future it would be nice to not wait as long for the fix!

Dr. Felegis,

Please also tell us if the horizon remains level (after proper IMU and gimbal calibration on a level surface) during BOTH hover as well as during forward and sideways flight at 25+ mph?
2017-4-13
Use props
fans63c244bd
lvl.2
Flight distance : 221709 ft
  • >>>
Australia

My 4pro is doing the same. It only started doing it since the latest firmware upgrade. I downgraded the firmware & its still doing it. I need a fix asap as I have client needing vision.
2017-4-13
Use props
P4P+
lvl.4
United States

Dr.Felegis Posted at 2017-4-12 18:08

Just upgraded to what version? There is no new release on the DJI web site.
2017-4-13
Use props
kykphantom
Captain
Cyprus

jonathanp Posted at 2017-4-1 14:30
Same thing happened to me.  I'm gonna wait it out.

Jonathanp, has the jerk problem (added frame at 4k60fps) been fixed with the latest firmware for your P4P?
2017-4-13
Use props
fansc47212a5
Second Officer
Flight distance : 809833 ft
United States

Just saw this thread.  You might be surprised that I do not have a Phantom.  I have the inspire 2 with the X4S and have experienced this exact problem as well.

It only occurs with 4k60.  I've performed extensive testing.  It is not a dropped frame, but rather an extra frame that appears to jump ahead.  It is random and seen more frequently while panning.  I have also noted it flying forward..  I've checked multiple cards from different manufacturers.  Repeated testing never revealed the problem in 4k30. The fix is removing the extra frame, which I have done in FCPX.

Frustrating as it is, essentially I've avoided 4k60.  I hope you are correct and that the problem has been resolved in the latest firmware update.  I will test later today.

Barry
2017-4-13
Use props
Mad_Angler1
Captain
Flight distance : 2741657 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Just to confirm yes the added frame issue has been fixed in the latest release.

The fix has not made it to the X4S  on the I2 this releas, hopefully soon.
2017-4-14
Use props
kykphantom
Captain
Cyprus

It is good to have confirmation of the jerk fix from as many people as possible. Please report ...
2017-4-14
Use props
Seachronicity
Second Officer
Flight distance : 809833 ft
United States

Have you tested the X4S since yesterday's firmware update?
2017-4-14
Use props
jonathanp
Second Officer
United States

kykphantom Posted at 2017-4-13 20:36
Jonathanp, has the jerk problem (added frame at 4k60fps) been fixed with the latest firmware for your P4P?

Going flying shortly and will report back.
2017-4-14
Use props
jonathanp
Second Officer
United States

P4P+ Posted at 2017-4-13 20:33
Just upgraded to what version? There is no new release on the DJI web site.

Plug your P4P into the PC or Mac and the update shows up.  The website hasn't been updated yet.
2017-4-14
Use props
jonathanp
Second Officer
United States

Just went out for some test flights.  I believe the new firmware has resolved the jerk frame issue.  I will upload a 2 minute raw example video.  I also tested autoflight logic autopilot app and it worked great.
2017-4-14
Use props
jonathanp
Second Officer
United States

kykphantom Posted at 2017-4-13 20:36

It appears to be fixed.  
2017-4-14
Use props
jonathanp
Second Officer
United States

Test flight example:

2017-4-14
Use props
kykphantom
Captain
Cyprus

jonathanp Posted at 2017-4-14 07:12
It appears to be fixed.

Good news eventually, hope this is fixed. In your test flight (about 2minutes) looks ok, although in some cases the issue was appearing after 4-5 minutes of flight.

Just noticed that this thread has been visited more than 500 times in a day. Imagine how many people have (hopefully had) this jerk problem!
2017-4-14
Use props
DJI-BladeStrike
Super Moderator
Flight distance : 872694 ft
  • >>>
United States

All-

The issue is now fixed on the p4p.. The issue is and will be corrected on the x4s on next release. It just didn't make it into this weeks i2 update.

Now I hope this shows that DJI is not evil and we try our best to be as transparent as possible. I hope this will also show that fake emails will not work and you will be removed from the site if you choose to continue that behavior!

Once again I would like to thank you all for your support and continued pateince during his fix!
2017-4-14
Use props
P4P+
lvl.4
United States

jonathanp Posted at 2017-4-14 04:23
Plug your P4P into the PC or Mac and the update shows up.  The website hasn't been updated yet.

TY I am now upgraded.
2017-4-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules