Renaming your drone
2337 9 2016-12-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Dflum
lvl.1

United States

Hello All,

So I recently sent in my drone to get fixed and i noticed DJI sent me back a fixed drone that is a completely different one. Everything is fixed with the one they sent me, but they didnt send me my own back.

First things first: Has anyone else experienced this before where they got sent back a different drone with different serial numbers?

Second: Is there a way to rename the drone?

Third: Is this just what DJI does when you send in your drone, they mix and match and just give you back any ole fixed one?

Thanks for reading

Dflum

2016-12-14
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

The repair team has provided replacement drones in the past if the unit was deemed unrepairable or to expedite the process when parts are short. If the unit had any internal damage, replacing the center board (and ultimately the brains of the craft) can cause serial numbers to change when reading them in the Go app. To rename the drone, there should be an option in the 'About' section of the Go app which will allow you to do so. Could you happen to provide your RMA number for this repair so I can better see what was done to the unit?  
2016-12-14
Use props
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

yes (I think it's even stated in their policy), yes (I'll need to check, but I believe in the Assistant), and yes (I understand that DJI seek to return one in a similar if not better condition than your original). It's more expedient for them to do that to minimise the turn-around time, and I'd imagine it provides them with the ability to repair broken ones at more suitable pace.

Edit: DJI-Jamie is faster off the mark than me - hehe
2016-12-14
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Punchbuggy Posted at 2016-12-15 09:59
yes (I think it's even stated in their policy), yes (I'll need to check, but I believe in the Assistant), and yes (I understand that DJI seek to return one in a similar if not better condition than your original). It's more expedient for them to do that to minimise the turn-around time, and I'd imagine it provides them with the ability to repair broken ones at more suitable pace.

Edit: DJI-Jamie is faster off the mark than me - hehe

Once can say that I beat you to the 'punch'. {:4_181:}
Thanks for the corroboration nonetheless!
2016-12-14
Use props
Dflum
lvl.1

United States

Thanks for the replies guys. I understand the works of the DJI repair team and it makes total sense as to what they did what they did. Once again, thanks for the explanations!
2016-12-14
Use props
Dflum
lvl.1

United States

I have not found this "About" section on the DJI go app. If someone could give me more instruction that would be great.

Thanks
2016-12-15
Use props
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Dflum Posted at 2016-12-16 08:11
I have not found this "About" section on the DJI go app. If someone could give me more instruction that would be great.

Thanks

With the GO app started and when at the flight screen, press the 3 dots in top right corner. Scroll all the way down to the bottom - There you go! (Now v4.0.1)
2016-12-15
Use props
Dflum
lvl.1

United States

Thank you PunchBuggy!!
2016-12-15
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Dflum Posted at 2016-12-16 06:25
Thank you PunchBuggy!!

Let us know if you run into anything else.
2016-12-15
Use props
Dflum
lvl.1

United States

Will do! Thank you Jamie!
2016-12-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules