Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
P4P gimbal not responding.
1141 13 2016-12-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Coffee
lvl.2

United States

I did firmware updates, performed imu calibration. The first gimbal calibration was fine and then I noticed on start up the gimbal would tilt up then down and stay at a 45 degree angle downwards. I cannot calibrate it, I cannot control it, and the only time I've gotten it to level out it by softly touching it, then it finally responds and levels out. Any help would be awesome.
2016-12-14
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

I'm sorry to hear. To clarify, is this happening right out of the box, or was it after a firmware update or a hard landing? Could you happen to provide a small video of the issue?
2016-12-14
Use props
Coffee
lvl.2

United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-12-14 20:35
I'm sorry to hear. To clarify, is this happening right out of the box, or was it after a firmware update or a hard landing? Could you happen to provide a small video of the issue?

This is out of box. I did all the firmware updates before starting up and flying. I am currently downgrading firmware to see if that helps anything. I can send a video tonight.
2016-12-14
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Coffee Posted at 2016-12-15 09:37
This is out of box. I did all the firmware updates before starting up and flying. I am currently downgrading firmware to see if that helps anything. I can send a video tonight.

Whenever you can would be great. Did you happen to get this from a dealer or the DJI website? Have you also gotten in contact with the North American Support Center, just in case you need to look into an exchange option?
2016-12-14
Use props
Coffee
lvl.2

United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-12-14 20:42
Whenever you can would be great. Did you happen to get this from a dealer or the DJI website? Have you also gotten in contact with the North American Support Center, just in case you need to look into an exchange option?

I am still trying to set t up so no I have not contacted support about a replacement because it seems crazy that I'd have to send a brand new product back after not even having it out of the box for 24 hours.
2016-12-14
Use props
Coffee
lvl.2

United States

This is crazy. I decided to chat with support and they are saying send t back and from the time they receive it I will have to wait an additional 1-2 weeks for a replacement. That's absurd! I purchased on the 9th received a faulty unit and now I have to wait an extra 1-2 weeks? I didn't think this would happen to me but after reading all the problems I guess I'm not surprised.
2016-12-14
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Coffee Posted at 2016-12-15 09:43
I am still trying to set t up so no I have not contacted support about a replacement because it seems crazy that I'd have to send a brand new product back after not even having it out of the box for 24 hours.

I'm just trying to see how far you've gotten before you've reached the final straw, sort of speak. Once you've provided a video, we should be able to get a better idea what's going on.
2016-12-14
Use props
Coffee
lvl.2

United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-12-14 21:22
I'm just trying to see how far you've gotten before you've reached the final straw, sort of speak. Once you've provided a video, we should be able to get a better idea what's going on.

I understand, I am just really frustrated.
2016-12-14
Use props
Coffee
lvl.2

United States

I tried uploading a video but I keep getting spinning wheel on my phone.
2016-12-14
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Coffee Posted at 2016-12-15 10:37
I tried uploading a video but I keep getting spinning wheel on my phone.

Are you trying to provide a YouTube link, or just a direct attachment? You may need to either send it via Dropbox or Youtube if it's the latter.
2016-12-14
Use props
Coffee
lvl.2

United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-12-14 18:47
Are you trying to provide a YouTube link, or just a direct attachment? You may need to either send it via Dropbox or Youtube if it's the latter.

So I found this thread and I am having the same exact issue. He has a video posted for reference. http://forum.dji.com/thread-75684-1-1.html
2016-12-14
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Coffee Posted at 2016-12-15 11:42
So I found this thread and I am having the same exact issue. He has a video posted for reference. http://forum.dji.com/thread-75684-1-1.html

Have you tried performing an IMU calibration and then a gimbal calibration in that order to ensure the unit knows what level is?
2016-12-14
Use props
Coffee
lvl.2

United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-12-14 20:30
Have you tried performing an IMU calibration and then a gimbal calibration in that order to ensure the unit knows what level is?

Hey Jamie, so here's what I did, I did the latest update right out of the box because I thought I had to to start the drone. After the FW update I then did calibrations, the gimbal was giving me problems ever since that point. In the other thread I watched the videos and downgraded my FW 3 versions before I saw the change back to normal! So now I believe I'm on .50 FW and once I downgraded I was getting IMU errors and the aircraft was telling me to calibrate it. I calibrated, then I calibrated the gimbal automatically and now everything seems to be working just fine. My concern is not having he current firmware and missing out on the other fixes but obviously this problem was more important to fix for me.

I hope DJI notices this issue and fixes it with the next update. I hope this also helps anyone who has the P4P and is experiencing the same problem.  Thanks again for the help Jamie, and especially for those who posted videos and threads about the same issue, I would've been super bummed having to send it back. On a side note online chat customer service was horrendous and I would revamp that whole operation if DJI is listening.

MR
2016-12-14
Use props
Coffee
lvl.2

United States

UPDATE:

I just got off a call with DJI support and was told that they have been getting a lot of calls for this same issue, I was told to not update to the latest firmware and wait for the next when they fix it. Just some info for anyone out there experiencing this. I am on the version ending in .50
2016-12-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules